Please Critique:)

Don't skip the road to Hana. Just take your motion sickness pills. I attempted it without and figured out very quickly I would most likely need it. Took Dramamine before any issues started and it was fine.

Haha, ok! I will be sure to take my motion sickness pills about 24hrs before we go and continue taking them.
I take Ginger Gravol which works really well and is non drowsy.

Yes, we will for sure be visiting the Nanea resort. I hear that we will have pool privileges when we are at North. I also hear that it is a stunning resort. We'll see and will report back.

Awesome! Yes, you will have pool privileges for sure. Can't wait to hear how your trip was and the resort!

Thanks, and Have an amazing trip!! :)

Wow sounds awesome. I want to go with you, I can be your nanny, lol.

Thanks for posting this. My husband and I want to take the kids when they are bigger since this Disney experience probably won't happen too often. My littlest is just 4 months old. So much info in one post, I love it. I'll be saving this.

Lol, would love a nanny!!!

And you're welcome:) I've learned so much from other posts, so if you or others can learn from this one, then that's awesome! Can never have enough info/advice or tips!

Love that age- 4 months, so cute! You have lots of time to plan and I'm sure your son/daughter will love anything Disney. My boys who are 7 & 10 right now still love Disney and probably always will.

We've done Disney World many times, and 16 Disney cruises, and they still ask to go back!!

Aulani is new to us as is Hawaii and we can't wait!!!

Thank you for the links. I'm going to check them all out.
Many people now have recommend Trilogy, so I've decided to book with them. They have amazing reviews on Trip Advisor as well.
Thank you for all you info and help:)

Glad to help! We lived on Oahu for a few years and did our fair share of island hopping. We also try to visit the islands every other year. Our first stop after landing at Kahului airport Maui is the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts shop. :)

Forgot to mention that there are at least 3 Costco stores on Oahu and one on Maui. Good place to get water, souvenirs and other supplies.
Have a wonderful vacation!

Be careful when booking an excursion. Holo Holo tours are the official "partner" of Aulani, and for my money they are unscrupulous. My wife and I just returned from a trip to Aulani. We had booked a tour with Holo Holo for a trip around the island. My wife became ill the night before and there was no way we could make the trip. That's when we found out that the Holo Holo "policy" was no refunds within two weeks of the trip. So we lost all the money we paid and got nothing. Just keep this in mind before you book, if anything happens you will lose all the money you gave them. For us it was $250. Disney's web page warns that the excursions are handled by a contractor and that Disney has no control over them, but I'm not letting Disney off the hook that easily. Holo Holo's tours are links on Disney's Aulani page and they have travel desks set up in Aulani's lobby, so to me that says Disney recommends them. Shame on Disney for partnering with a company like that. Disney charges a premium for their resorts and so I expect that they will take care of anything that goes wrong. In this case they simply shook their shoulders and said "too bad". I expect a lot more from a company with Disney's reputation and that charges what they do. So I would check carefully about the policies of the tour company, especially the fine print, as things do happen that are out of your control.

Glad to help! We lived on Oahu for a few years and did our fair share of island hopping. We also try to visit the islands every other year. Our first stop after landing at Kahului airport Maui is the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts shop. :)

Forgot to mention that there are at least 3 Costco stores on Oahu and one on Maui. Good place to get water, souvenirs and other supplies.
Have a wonderful vacation!

Yum!! Love Krispy Kreme Donghnuts:) I can see by the many tips on places to eat that I will probably come home a bit heavier lol
We plan on hitting Costco, thank you!! You're very lucky to have lived in such a beautiful place. I'm from the Toronto area (Cananda) and SO sick of our cold miserable winters! Hawaii will be so nice for us in Nov;)

Be careful when booking an excursion. Holo Holo tours are the official "partner" of Aulani, and for my money they are unscrupulous. My wife and I just returned from a trip to Aulani. We had booked a tour with Holo Holo for a trip around the island. My wife became ill the night before and there was no way we could make the trip. That's when we found out that the Holo Holo "policy" was no refunds within two weeks of the trip. So we lost all the money we paid and got nothing. Just keep this in mind before you book, if anything happens you will lose all the money you gave them. For us it was $250. Disney's web page warns that the excursions are handled by a contractor and that Disney has no control over them, but I'm not letting Disney off the hook that easily. Holo Holo's tours are links on Disney's Aulani page and they have travel desks set up in Aulani's lobby, so to me that says Disney recommends them. Shame on Disney for partnering with a company like that. Disney charges a premium for their resorts and so I expect that they will take care of anything that goes wrong. In this case they simply shook their shoulders and said "too bad". I expect a lot more from a company with Disney's reputation and that charges what they do. So I would check carefully about the policies of the tour company, especially the fine print, as things do happen that are out of your control.

Thank you for the advice:)

Any excursions I have booked are all done privately, and not with Holo Holo, so hopefully we won't run into issues.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you had and hope they get resolved to your satisfaction.

Thank you again :)

Thank you for the advice:)

Any excursions I have booked are all done privately, and not with Holo Holo, so hopefully we won't run into issues.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you had and hope they get resolved to your satisfaction.

Thank you again :)
Glad to hear it. Good job, and you are certainly wiser than I was. I foolishly trusted that any partner of Disney would treat customers fairly. I hope you have a wonderful trip, as Hawaii is indeed beautiful.

Glad to hear it. Good job, and you are certainly wiser than I was. I foolishly trusted that any partner of Disney would treat customers fairly. I hope you have a wonderful trip, as Hawaii is indeed beautiful.

Thank you Teddy10:)

I too would trust Disney would make it right seeing we have such trust in them. I hope it all works out for you:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter