Plaza Restaurant @ the Magic Kingdom - Two Thumbs Up!

jlm0013

Earning My Ears
My family and I dined at the Plaza Restaurant for lunch on Saturday, November 4th. We were a bit late for our reservation, but were seated promptly. Our table was in the middle of the restaurant, right by the kitchen doors. Our server was very nice and helpful. Her service was very good. After we ordered, we asked if our server could bring some bread or crackers since our daughter was very hungry. Shortly after that, the chef, Ken, came out to speak with us, and ask what he could get for us. We told him just something for our daughter to snack on. Ken personally brought out a plate he had prepared with fresh grapes and apples slices, as well as small servings of mashed potatoes and their mac and cheese. We were very surprised. My wife and I both tried the mac and cheese, which was seasoned with herbs. It was very good. However, our daughter did not like it due to the seasoning.

Our children ordered the kid's meal cheeseburgers, which were pretty standard. I ordered the wedge salad and the Italian wedding soup. The soup was very good, albeit a bit salty. The wedge salad was good, as well. However, they put ranch dressing on it, instead of blue cheese dressing. The salad does come with Gorgonzola crumbles. My wife ordered the grilled chicken sandwich without the bun. That was delicious!

To top it all off, Ken the chef came back to our table and conversed with us for a long time. He was very kind and gracious. Since we are locals, we talked about the local area. He's been with Disney for 38 years. He went way above and beyond. Also, Ken made the rounds to other tables to talk to guests to check on their meals and just to be a gracious host.

Overall, the Plaza was a very positive experience, and something more people should try at the Magic Kingdom.

He also visited each table when we dined there about two weeks ago. Really took his time and seemed very appreciative for each visit and interested in getting to know each guest. He impressed us, for sure. We both had burgers and loved them!

I'm so glad you had such a good experience. It's wonderful when you find such a fine CM. In all the times we have visited the MK, we have never tried the Plaza. I can see that we've been missing out on a small gem. We must try it.

I'm so glad you had such a good experience. It's wonderful when you find such a fine CM. In all the times we have visited the MK, we have never tried the Plaza. I can see that we've been missing out on a small gem. We must try it.

The menu is mostly sandwiches, with a few soups and salads. You can also get ice cream sundaes and shakes.

I have an ADR for 11am this December but I was very lucky to book this at the 180 day window. I have read they only accept ADRs between 11am and 12pm and after that it's walk-ups, not sure if that is still true or not. Personally, I wouldn't want to traverse MK on a busy day without being guaranteed a table when I get there, especially with a hungry child in tow.

I have an ADR for 11am this December but I was very lucky to book this at the 180 day window. I have read they only accept ADRs between 11am and 12pm and after that it's walk-ups, not sure if that is still true or not. Personally, I wouldn't want to traverse MK on a busy day without being guaranteed a table when I get there, especially with a hungry child in tow.

It's not entirely true. You can make reservations for after 12 PM. After 12 is when they will start accepting walk-ups. However, that time window varies as well. One time, we tried to eat there, and they would not accept walk-ups until after 2 PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter