Plaza Pavillion

monarchsfan16

<font color=green>Holy smokes, the DIS is a big pl
Has anyone ever eaten here in the Magic Kingdom? The menu looks ok, and it seems fairly inexpensive (a requirement in my family). But how's the food honestly? I know it's just a quick place but I know some of the quick places can be pretty nasty.

Well see, after going to MK tons of times I always thought the Plaza was a counter service place, but it's not! It's a WONDERFUL sit down restaurant!! It's a must do whenever we go to MK now!! We discovered this 2 years ago and love it!

Their sandwiches and wraps are great and the ice cream..:tongue: I can't go to MK without going there for their ice cream, IMHO the best ice cream in ALL of WDW!! It's on our list this Friday...can't wait!!:tongue:

It's not nasty at all!! It's a cute little ice cream palor set up type place. It's a nice little relaxing place for lunch!

I think the previous poster has confused the Plaza Pavilion with the Plaza Restaurant.

The Plaza restaurant is across Main Street from Casey's Hot Dogs. It's a nice sit-down restaurant that serves salads, sandwichs, burgers & wonderful ice cream.

The Plaza Pavilion is a counter service restaurant behind the Plaza restaurant. The pavilion has lots of covered outdoor seating that overlooks the bridge to tomorrowland. It serves typical pizza, chicken strips, etc. When I was there September 1st the Pavilion was not open. I think it only operates seasonally. I have not eaten there but I imagine it's just typical fast food.

Here is a link with a photo http://www.disneyclubs.com/mk_restaurants/plaza_pavilion.htm

Lori of the Lodge - so that's why I always thought the Plaza was counter service!! See I am confused...dah:hyper: --thanks for staightening me out on that:teeth: (guess we'll have to check out where the pavillion is when we're there).

I have eaten at the Plaza Pavilion approximately 5 times. It is very affordable and quite good for counter service. My DH and oldest DS always have the personal pizza which comes with a garlic breadstick. My younger DS has the chicken strips and fries and I ALWAYS get the italian stack sandwich (fabulous). We decided to try this when I saw the unofficial guide rate it as one of the best counter service places in the park. They were right. It is always hot and fresh and easy on the wallet.::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter