Planning Jan trip - advice on booking

mauigirl

Earning My Ears
I have a convention in Irvine at the end of Jan, so DH and I figured we'd take advantage of the mileage reimbursement and take the girls for their first trip to Disneyland.

We definitely intend on staying at one of the Disney hotels and we're leaning toward GC.

What would be the best way to book our trip; AAA, Costco, Disney :confused3

Any help would be most appreciated :cheer2:

I have come to find that usually some of the best hotel deals can be found on Expedia.com, and that includes the Disney owned hotels.

For park tickets, I usually buy those from Disneyland's website because you get a discount. Right now there's a special for 2007 tickets - I think it's called "Everyone plays at kids prices", or something like that.

Sometimes it's possible to book a cheaper priced package deal, but lately I haven't found any that is cheaper than me seperately booking the hotel through Expedia and getting the park tickets from Disney. Every once in a while you can get a better deal through GetAwayToday.com or AAA. :sunny:

Costco seems to be the best deal lately. Its the same package as Disney travel, but Costco adds one $20 gift card, and a character meal for everyone in the party. AAA used to be the best for onsite, because they had enhanced fast pass, but that is discontinued after the first of the year. YOu might be able to find a good price booking everything seperate, but you give up a few small perks- toon town morning madness, lanyard and pin, lugage tag, coupon book, and sometimes there other little things in the package. Last year we got replicas of the opening day map, and a certificate saying we were there for the 50th. Not worth a ton of money- but fun little extras none the less.

I always book with alaska airlines. I big on trip insurance (traveling with a kid) and their vacation protection let's you cancel with 4 hours of departure wihtout any reason. Full refund. Also, our soon to be trip was cheaper on alaskia then Expedia, and they fly non stop from portland to Orange County which I need. I usually check all the sites then decide..... :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter