Planned ADR's for December 2010 - comments please

Nafinegar

Mouseketeer
Here's my tentative schedule. We are a party of six 10 yo twin boys who can chow down like nobody's business, 7 yo boy who is a close second to them, DH and I and Dear Dad.

I am trying to plan on eating in the parks we are doing major activities in for at least some days and for a decent combination of half-way decent food and fun for the kids.

Garden Grille
Le Cellier Candlelight Processional Package (if I get lucky. I could skip this but Dear Dad has never eaten here and wants to go badly)

Tony Town Square (hopefully on porch to see parade, but if not that's okay)
Whispering Canyon

Crystal Palace (Dinner for me to get hugs from Pooh and Piglet:lovestruc)

50's Prime Time (boys love meatloaf and hoping it is entertaining too)

Ohana

Have only eatten at Crystal Palace and 50's. Loved both. Food seemed better at Crystal Palace. 50's is fun if you have the right person.

You'll have a blast at 50s Prime Time if no one in your party minds being bothered while they eat. Although the bigger your group, the more fun it is so I think you'll have fun, especially if your boys are looking forward to making trouble (putting elbows on table)! ;)

You'll have a blast at 50s Prime Time if no one in your party minds being bothered while they eat. Although the bigger your group, the more fun it is so I think you'll have fun, especially if your boys are looking forward to making trouble (putting elbows on table)! ;)

My boys are big theater buffs and will play up anything the CM is willing to dish out. I have also gotten my Dad to set himself up to get sent to the corner:rotfl2:

I thought long and hard about the Fantasmic package, but I am banking on early December not being busy and so I chose the restaraunt I thought they would enjoy more.

Thanks for the input!

we loved the food at Garden Grill and Ohana. both my DH and DBIL house a lot of food and they were quite happy at both places!! :goodvibes

We (DH and I) have eaten at all of these restaurants and loved them all!

My DH can be really quiet and he was really into Whispering Canyon, he even sang Happy Birthday to a complete stranger.

We also liked the atmosphere at the Crystal Palace. DH was a total trooper when I threw a fit for missing Eeyore and got more food in order to make sure that Eeyore made his way back around :love:

Tony's was cool to see all of the Lady and Tramp motif.

LeCellier was delicious! Even though they were kind of a problem since they didn't call our name - a waiter just walked around looking for us.

We loved the food at Ohana and Stitch (DH favorite Disney character) was a huge bonus.

I have really mixed feelings about a few of your ADRs.

Love Le Cellier. I am hoping to do the Candlelight Processional Package there 12/4.

Crystal Palace is my favorite character buffet. The food is really good and the character interactio is always really fun.

I haven't been to Tony's in awhile; but I have always enjoyed it. Most of all, I miss breakfast there. Tony's had the best fritatta.

O'Hana is one of my favorites. Service and food can both be spotty during the week. I definately would go on a Friday or Saturday night. I have always had good food and excellent service on weekends.

Garden Grill was horrible the night we went to dinner. The food was barely better than a TV dinner. The fish tasted nasty. The only good, actually excellent food was the mashed potatoes.

Whispering Canyon was barely better than Garden Grill. Our server didn't get into the scene as much as I have heard. The BBQ was really bland. The ribs were actually tough. My friend that had the vegetarian platter loved it. Her food was the best of the night, we all agreed. Either Cosmic Rays or Flame Tree BBQ are better choices IMHO.

Good luck whatever you do. Nothing is ever that bad if it is in WDW.

Definitely keep O'hana! I get to satisfy a four-year craving for that place this December! :woohoo:

Sorry to hear that the food wasn't great at Garden Grille. I have heard some mixed reviews. Honestly, I am mostly going so that the kids can see Mickey and Chip and Dale. I thought about Chef Mickey's, but that seemed to get even more mixed reviews.

Thanks for the input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter