Pirate League Packages

DD did the Mermaid makeover a few years ago - it is like the basic pirate packages - was $35 at the time, but looks like it is $45 now. We bought our own dress which was just a pretty aqua dress we found on Amazon.(Did the same for BBB - more affordable and comfortable). It is a cool atmosphere in the "cave" setting, especially for pirates, as they get to make a pirate name and take the oath. For us, hair and make up was well done, and mermaids got color changing necklace and hair clip, a bracelet and sash, and makeup to take home. I believe the pirates get eyepatch, bandana, sword, and detailed makeup with basic package. I think the upgraded ones include costumes. She considered doing the female pirate one, and we were going to get a costume after Halloween on clearance (went at Thanksgiving) to bring along. So you could bring a costume or fun pirate shirt and then do basic package if you like.

My son has done the 1st mate package about 4 times now and my oldest daughter did the mermaid one year. I always take clothes I pick and buy elsewhere. Especially for pirate costume...they just seem so hot and we go in October.

My niece did the mermaid package without the dress and my nephew did the Jake package. My niece's hair and makeup came out really cute and she loved it. It was very pretty and shockingly didn't smudge throughout the day - and we were there in August!

My nephew's Jake makeup was more funny than anything else. They drew these giant black eyebrows and sideburns on him to look like Jake. He also got a hat, sword and t-shirt which he loved. Considering the pricing, it was good for him. He didn't even notice the other pirate styles. I will say that the black brows and sideburns got all over the place (he's 3) and was a pain to get off!

My boys have done those a couple times - doing the first mate packages. Which looks like they have increased in price quite a bit since the last time. It's a good value and fun for the kids. The make up can totally be a mess in the heat if they start to sweat - definitely carry in make up wipes in case you have to clean up some later in the day.
Also avoid any light clothing. One year my oldest wore a brand new yellow dri fit Under Armour shirt and it was ruined by the end of the day from him wiping them sweat on his forehead and then touching his shirt. That stuff would not wash out for nothing.

DS chose the first mate package with the full skull face and DD did the empress package. Both LOVED them. What was really hilarious was that DS was terrified to talk for fear of ruining his makeup! Just make sure you have some makeup remover cloths to take it off at night.

We did the first mate package once and have done the Captain Hook package once ( that was not the plan as we had brought a Jake costume with us but there was an issue with liscensing so they couldn’t do Jake at the time 2015). My kids have both enjoyed it. My older son ended up taking off the Hook costume after an hour or so because he was hot, however Peter Pan still recognized him as Hook and called him a “ sneaky snook” which made his day ( he was 5 at the time)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!