"Pinocchio" is Top Selling DVD and Blu-ray

CoolTrainerTerry

DIS Veteran
From WorstPreviews.com

A special 70th-anniversary edition of animated classic "Pinocchio" topped the national home video sales charts the week ending March 15th, helped in part by surprisingly strong Blu-ray Disc sales.

Of the Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment release's total sales, 15% were in the high-definition format, a high number for a family title -- and an indication that Blu-ray Disc may be moving beyond the early adopter stage, which is dominated by young adult males.

"Pinocchio" debuted at No. 1 on both the sales chart, which tracks DVD and Blu-ray Disc sales combined, as well as a specific Blu-ray Disc chart.

Debuting at No. 2 on both charts was "Role Models," a comedy that earned $67.3 million in theaters. "Role Models" turned in a surprisingly strong sales debut, with studio sources reporting that 25% of the initial shipment was snatched up by consumers in the first day. After six days, a whopping 70% of inventory was gone, translating into first-week sales of more than 2 million units.

The third spot on both sales charts went to "Transporter 3," which earned $31.7 million at the box office.

"Role Models" and "Transporter 3" also debuted at No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, on rental chart for the week, bumping the previous week's top renter, "Australia," to No. 3.

Just goes to show, everyone loves a classic.

I'm not suprised that the blue ray sold more. They put the regular dvd in with it. If I would have realized that before I bought the regular dvd I would have gotten the blue ray also. We dont' have a blue ray player yet BUT with the regular dvd included we could have had the blue ray for later.

We've already watched it 6 times I think. My daughter loves it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter