Pier Parking

jkovick

<font color=FF9900>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue
Hi, I am pretty new to this board so please excuse me if this question has already been covered. How is parking at the pier? Is it secure? Plentiful? Anyone know the cost? Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by jkovick
Hi, I am pretty new to this board so please excuse me if this question has already been covered. How is parking at the pier? Is it secure? Plentiful? Anyone know the cost? Thanks for your help!

Parking is excellent. We parked there for the three day back in 2000. I believe it is $10 per day (so $80 for a 7 night cruise) but I'm not 100% certain on this. It appears fairly safe and I've never heard of anyone having any problems.

Originally posted by Tigfanjeff
Parking is excellent. We parked there for the three day back in 2000. I believe it is $10 per day (so $80 for a 7 night cruise) but I'm not 100% certain on this. It appears fairly safe and I've never heard of anyone having any problems.

Looks like I might have been wrong on this. Looking at wdwig.com it states parking is per cruise night, so it would be $70 for a 7 night. It's been a while so I can't remember what paid way back in 2000.

Parking last Sept. was $8.00 per day. So for the 3 day you pay $24.00, the 4 day you pay $32.00 and the 7 day you pay $56.00. If I remember correctly they now take credit cards. You pay when you enter the gate. We have never had any problems there.
Hope this helps.

We were just there in May and the parking cost was $70.00 for the 7-day cruise! The lot is secure and well-lit!!

We were also there in May.

$10 per cruise night....paid in advance, cash or credit card.
The lot is secure and there seemed to be an ample number of spaces.
The nicest thing about parking at the port is we just walked right out of the terminal, loaded up the car and headed out. No waiting for buses, rental cars, etc.

We parked there last month also. $70 for a 7-day cruise. We had even booked the night before at the Hampton Inn on Cocoa Beach that included a parking spot at the hotel and shuttle transfers back/forth to the port, but after we checked in, we were somewhat unhappy with the Hampton and elected to park at the port anyway and incur the extra money. Plus, the shuttle that would pick us up on Saturday morning to go to the port was coming at 12:15PM!

Heck, we were BOARDING the ship at that time! No way, was I going to have to wait at the hotel for a shuttle to pick us up.

I agree with everything having parked at the lot on seven different occasions. The only thing I would add is beware of florida ants...they're very resourceful. If you leave open food or are parked near a tree with the leaves in contact with the car don't be too surprised if the car is coated on the inside by ants. I say that from experience at Disney's Vero Beach resort. By were we well...upset. It took a can of raid ant killer to get rid of 'em and then we had to drive around with the windows open so we did not succumb to the fumes. Wes

We parked there last summer for our 7 day cruise. It was nice walking right to the car with the porter and off we went to WDW. Then we discovered our air conditioner was not working. Maybe the ants got into it? It cost me over $700 to get fixed at Disney. What a bill to get when we had already put out so much money!:(

If you will be paying by Credit Card make sure its not an American Express. They dont accept them

I picked up some ant traps since there is no way I can be assured all the crumbs are gone (we are driving to WDW before the cruise). Are three traps enough? Sounds like another suggestion is to park away from the trees. Any other good ideas?
Barb

.. Glad to hear they take cc's now. Didn't in 10/01.
Coming from upstate NY where we don't have large ants like FL - is it worth bringing regular ant traps from here or should we buy some in FL - heavy duty, extra strength?!

The only thing I would add is beware of florida ants...they're very resourceful. If you leave open food or are parked near a tree with the leaves in contact with the car don't be too surprised if the car is coated on the inside by ants.

I'm not sure where this idea got started but it is a bit of an exaggeration. Yes, Florida does have horrendous fire ants but I have lived here for 17 years and have never had a problem with ants in my car or any other car for that matter.

As far as the port parking, I've parked there on three occasions and, yet again, no ants!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter