Piece of Cake...

It's funny that Pearson was okay because my sister and her family were supposed to fly home from Halifax to Calgary Saturday morning, but their flight was cancelled because their plane and flight crew were apparently stuck in Toronto.

The earliest flight that AC could get them on is Monday morning and they'll have to connect in Montréal (rather than the direct flight they were booked on). Also, they may have to split up with my sister and one daughter coming home on one flight and my brother in law and the other daughter coming home later.

SOrry about your sister. :(

I watched 30 flights take off - and tons land... there was a lightning strike around 9am that caused a "red alert" the airport was officially closed for about 20 minutes - but they were still continued boarding, grooming & loading the waiting planes... I had a chat with the gate agent - she overheard me telling Noel I was going to get us a drink and a snack, she asked me to get her a tea as she was ill. She was not supposed to be there but was called in.

When I brought her the tea she said she had been expecting a nightmare this morning but there was very few delays or cancellations.

I heard a LAX flight anouncements that the aircraft was delayed in winnipeg 90 minutes enroute to Toronto, but other than that it was really humming at the terminal and everyone was in good spirits.

>>^..^<<

Thanks, Cass.

If I might ask, how long did AC check-in take you? I've heard that people should get to the airport anywhere up to 4 hours in advance. Does that seem right, or will the normal 90 minutes get it done?

Thanks.

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

I'm glad to hear everything was okay at Pearson! The media has been making the situation sound really bad :( Your trip report was great! I haven't been to the USO area in years ... the Hard Rock hotel sounds great (except for the yappy dog), so I'll have to look into it for a future trip :)

Mort.. it was only about 20 minutes in the express line.

I put Noel in line with our stuff and it took me 10 minutes to get the boarding passes. Then about 20 minutes in the express line... the only real delay was in the security and they were really going through my electronic stuff.

Good Luck!

>>^..^<<

Thanks for the info, Cass.

Well, that's something anyway. Would you believe I threw my back out yesterday? I'm really hoping we're just getting this stuff out of the way before we go. LOL.

Hope you're having a great trip!

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

Happy to hear everything went well. I'm enjoying reading your "Live" reports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter