Pics of Finding Nemo refurb + park report

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
It looks like the reopening may still be a ways off. But it’s neat to get a behind-the-scenes (or under-the-waves) look at the attraction.

Generally, park crowds were lower than they’ve been in recent weeks, contrary to my expectations (spring break, conventions, etc). These days there are a large number of runners on Main Street, nearly all of them bound for the rope towards GE. I was the first in the park - or at least the first on to MS.

I always meet a number of interesting people and yesterday was no exception. There was a very nice couple with three kids from Oklahoma at the rope They were bound for PP. As I’ll often say to out-of-towners at the rope, “Follow us.” If we get to the entrance and they’re right behind me, I’ll always let them have my spot. Rarely (never) does a five-member family with a stroller beat me/us.

Buzz drove me nuts yesterday. Twice I came very close to breaking 2M. Once I lost count and could have easily broken it but I’d stopped shooting and another time I missed it by, literally, one shot. The most frustrating occurrence: I went over 2,097,000 by 4,000 and lost all of my points. First-World problems, I know. But half of my enjoyment comes from complaining about that attraction ;-).

I meant to ride POTC because I knew that after yesterday it would be closed for refurb. But, in the words of Jeff Spicoli, “Just couldn’t make it on time.” ;-).

I’ve got maps, if anyone would like a set. Simple message me with your mailing address and I’ll get ‘em in the post to you.

Park pics.
05435601-8F4C-4368-93D7-4450AA2DCDE1.jpeg

0269871A-84F3-4E03-AC00-3FB26BE87714.jpeg

DF2FEBAD-5B71-4883-A228-E824285494FC.jpeg

602BCF69-658E-4878-994F-D908FFD8098A.jpeg

34D23C22-030F-4F8A-BEB6-3BCC44110104.jpeg

5751A21E-F3B8-45C2-9471-506BC747FE7E.jpeg

187674D3-A91B-4D17-8718-77FC5843DCB1.jpeg

93B37A15-7880-4AE7-950A-2C78F9EFB5FF.jpeg

E997FB9E-9716-40D5-9718-5FD4C6432F1C.jpeg

618E1594-CAFF-4638-B9E8-DFBD0CBC96F4.jpeg

Last edited:
Pics: the final chapter:

I love that Coca-Cola corner has water ready for the taking.
91E8E57F-7171-40D3-B42A-7C67B5C15BEF.jpegF35D784B-2640-4A4A-8FE5-525686146BF6.jpeg9BEB25BF-9FFE-4169-BA22-A932CADA9D4F.jpeg3CFD0819-43ED-4862-A72F-05C1E9B0B3C0.jpeg
16CC6899-8DFE-4A06-8F70-B5394BD7F96D.jpeg

I have two friends with birthdays coming up so I grabbed them each a button. Both of these will go in the mail as their auspicious days draw closer :-)
2DFBD34B-20A5-4ACC-8529-7F88A42929C2.jpeg

Last edited:
Incidentally, usually when I start to get too many of the top-ten slots on Buzz I'll put in friends' initials and text them the pic(s). Didn't do that yesterday and now (and then) I probably looked like a jerk -- or at least an obsessive park-goer -- with so many of the top scores.

I wouldn't say you look like a jerk with all the top scores. Obsessive, maybe; jerk, not in my opinion. At least that's not what I would think if I were to see it.

Couple of questions for you.
What time do you get to the gates to be first in line for the park?
What time do they open the gates to DL?
Is the PP photographer at the Mickey flowers / entrance there right when the gates open?

My daughter would love to be first in the park (or close to it) and since it will just be her and I this trip, we'll see if we can make it happen.

Love all the pictures.

My Granddaughters and I find it most impressive to see your scores on Buzz. Wow !

The pictures of Nemo, oh my ! Were you on the Monorail ? Fascinating....

Glad you were able to go to your Happy Place ! Hope you're feeling better.

I wouldn't say you look like a jerk with all the top scores. Obsessive, maybe; jerk, not in my opinion. At least that's not what I would think if I were to see it.
OK -- we can settle on obsessive ;-).

When the park(s) open at 8:00, the M&Fs parking structure opens at 7:00. Presuming that you're among the first several cars to enter as I usually am, it takes approx 15 minutes to get in, parked, through security and to the gates via the tram. But I walk very quickly I have a few friends who don't park in the structure and simply walk through DTD before 7:00 so they get there earlier. The problem/challenge for the rest of us is that Disney hotel guests reach the gates first since they're closer so even if you're the first one to exit the tram, there will often be a few hundred people ahead of you. But as I say, I often have friends who get there even before the hotel guests... or at least at the same time.

Approximately 7:25-7:30.

Is the PP photographer at the Mickey flowers / entrance there right when the gates open?
I don't use PP but, yes, the Mickey flowers are immediately in front of the gates. You can see them as you approach, even before you enter the park.

My daughter would love to be first in the park (or close to it) and since it will just be her and I this trip, we'll see if we can make it happen.
Good luck! I hope it works out for her. When will she go and how old is she? If she'll be there on a Sunday that I'm there (most of them except for April 17), feel free to message me on her behalf (or she may contact me directly). I hope she has a wonderful time! Let me know if she needs any of the free buttons (birthday, first visit, "I'm Celebrating!").

When the park(s) open at 8:00, the M&Fs parking structure opens at 7:00. Presuming that you're among the first several cars to enter as I usually am, it takes approx 15 minutes to get in, parked, through security and to the gates via the tram. But I walk very quickly I have a few friends who don't park in the structure and simply walk through DTD before 7:00 so they get there earlier. The problem/challenge for the rest of us is that Disney hotel guests reach the gates first since they're closer so even if you're the first one to exit the tram, there will often be a few hundred people ahead of you. But as I say, I often have friends who get there even before the hotel guests... or at least at the same time.

I don't use PP but, yes, the Mickey flowers are immediately in front of the gates. You can see them as you approach, even before you enter the park.

Good luck! I hope it works out for her. When will she go and how old is she? If she'll be there on a Sunday that I'm there (most of them except for April 17), feel free to message me on her behalf (or she may contact me directly). I hope she has a wonderful time! Let me know if she needs any of the free buttons (birthday, first visit, "I'm Celebrating!").

Love all the pictures.

My Granddaughters and I find it most impressive to see your scores on Buzz. Wow !

Thank you, thank you and thank you :-). It's good to be back to my old routine.

Yes, several of the pics were snapped while on board the Monorail, hence the blue tint. Hope to see you at DL again sometime soon.

Well, with scores like that, I’d say you must be back to normal…😊

Happy to see your report as always, with great pics. I wonder how long it takes to fill the lagoon up…I’m sure they must use fire hoses or some kind of massive pumps.

Again, glad you’re recuperating and getting strength back and hopefully you’ll get some weight back too.

This is one of the problems with screen names versus real names. You and I have actually PM'ed and you sent me a graduation button for her :-) Thanks for all the info. We're staying on Harbor so will be walking in from that direction. She's graduating college at the end of April and we decided to take some graduation pictures at Disneyland!

Love all the pictures.

Thank you, thank you and thank you :-). It's good to be back to my old routine.

Yes, several of the pics were snapped while on board the Monorail, hence the blue tint. Hope to see you at DL again sometime soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter