Pete is right about lack of merchandise for men

Speaking of Uniqlo - I LOVE their men's Sorcerer's Apprentice t-shirt - the men's - don't like the sleeves on women's shirts. Been trying to order if for the last year or so! Every time I go to order it in my size/color, it says "Low stock, we'll email you when replenished". Still waiting. So - even when it appears you can order it, you CAN'T!. :(

Well....if you send me your preference(s), the next time I'm there.....

In all seriousness, my issue with WDW clothing isn't necessarily the selection. Then again, I'm a t-shirt wearer when I'm not at work(and sometimes even when I am at work). And I thought the selection of t-shirts was as varied and solid as any I've seen at the parks.

My issue is that all of the men's shirts, t-shirts AND polo shirts, are switching over to that thinner, lighter material that I can't stand. I like my shirts to be thicker cotton, and I like for my polo shirts to be a thicker knit material. But I know the trend is towards that new material. It just doesn't fit me as well, and it seems flimsy.

I hope that it trends back in the other direction soon. I didn't buy a single shirt at WDW this past trip for that very reason, even though I really liked a lot of the styles.

In all seriousness, my issue with WDW clothing isn't necessarily the selection. Then again, I'm a t-shirt wearer when I'm not at work(and sometimes even when I am at work). And I thought the selection of t-shirts was as varied and solid as any I've seen at the parks.

My issue is that all of the men's shirts, t-shirts AND polo shirts, are switching over to that thinner, lighter material that I can't stand. I like my shirts to be thicker cotton, and I like for my polo shirts to be a thicker knit material. But I know the trend is towards that new material. It just doesn't fit me as well, and it seems flimsy.

I hope that it trends back in the other direction soon. I didn't buy a single shirt at WDW this past trip for that very reason, even though I really liked a lot of the styles.

I am torn on that as I find the softer/lighter material to (generally) be more comfortable so I prefer wearing it, but it does feel a bit more flimsy and easier to get holes in it, etc.

I generally like the 28 & Main stuff - feels higher quality but still comfortable (though, that comes with a higher price tag)

I am torn on that as I find the softer/lighter material to (generally) be more comfortable so I prefer wearing it, but it does feel a bit more flimsy and easier to get holes in it, etc.

I generally like the 28 & Main stuff - feels higher quality but still comfortable (though, that comes with a higher price tag)

I went into 28 & Main a couple of weeks ago. Their selection didn't seem to be as good this time. But in general, that's been my favorite place for shirts.

One New Year's Eve at Top of the World lounge I met the VP in change of merchandise. He stated that purchases at WDW go in this order. Children first, Mom's (women) second, and men pull up the rear by a long shot.

One New Year's Eve at Top of the World lounge I met the VP in change of merchandise. He stated that purchases at WDW go in this order. Children first, Mom's (women) second, and men pull up the rear by a long shot.
That doesn't surprise me at all. I just think it becomes a vicious cycle. Make less men's clothing so you sell less, so you make even less. Maybe the problem is they weren't selling what guys wanted to buy.

A lot of the clothing is the athletic-type material. I love UnderArmour for my running and exercise gear but I don't want that for my regular clothing.

Another problem (not at Disney but elsewhere) is that because everything is the high-tech material, the prices are nuts. I don't want to spend $65 for a simple polo shirt. I don't care if it's Nike or Champion or whatever. I just want a $25 polo shirt. I know that would be $35 or $40 at Disney but that would be fine with me. I had this problem when my daughter started college. I wanted to show my support and buy a polo shirt. They had several to choose from but they were all $65 each.

i noticed this at the Expo for the Star Wars Dark Side Half Weekend. there was very limited non-race specific merch designed for men.

Agreed. I don't like t-shirts so thin you see right through them when held up to a light. Plus this thinner material is so clingy. If you're not built like LeBron James (and, who is?), they're not very flattering.

Last edited:
My biggest issue is that the sizing seems to be all over the place.

I can buy an XL that's like I'm wearing a tent, then I can buy an XXL and it's like a sausage casing.

Very true, @KingLlama - I like the "beefy t" quality t-shirts too. For that reason, @hertamaniac - I'll ask if you can check out the Sorcerer's Aprpentice male tee quality the next time you're near Uniqlo, if you remember. It's listed on their web site as SKU407356, so you can see which style it is.

That is sort of my thinking - either I have dress shirts or I wear t-shirts. I don’t want any characters or logos on anything nice - so t-shirts work for me when it comes to Disney stuff - or like some tropical/Hawaiian shirt type thing

A nice/golf shirt with Mickey on it does not appeal to me at all
Same here. I’ll buy an occasional Disney tee-shirt. But I wouldn’t be comfortable walking around town or work in a Disney shirt.

It’s kind of like women wearing the mouse ears - it’s all fine and good and cute when you’re on Disney property, but if you walk around with Mickey ears when you get back home, you almost come across as a weirdo. I mean no disrespect by this observation. I appreciate showing off your individuality and pride in the things you love. I just think most men really wouldn’t want to buy Disney clothes beyond a tee-shirt.

I do agree, though, that there is not much for a man to do at Disney Springs in terms of shopping. Luckily, there are many bars and restaurants and random entertainment experiences. I can usually keep myself occupied all night bar-hopping and listening to live music and such.

We miss the ESPN Store that we last saw in either 1997 or 2003 at the once upon a time "Downtown Disney" before the name change.
You could not only get Mens dress & sports shirts but you could also get some very nice Polo shirts with a small ESPN logo (like an Izod) plus golfwear, baseball etc. They had nice jackets (dressy & sports) also.

well, looks like Disney listened .... problem solved
Uh, no. Not so much. Plus that isn't Disney anyway. It's an outside company.

As for shirts, maybe I'm the odd one but I'm not wearing a Disney t-shirt when we are out and about at home. I'm not taking my wife out to dinner or going to a party wearing a Disney World t-shirt. But I have absolutely no problem going out wearing one of my many Disney polo shirts. I ought to post a pic of some of them. They have nice, relatively discreet logos on the left breast area, really no different than any other logo polo would have. I have one from MGM, a couple from Animal Kingdom, some from Company D, one from Disneyland, etc. That's the sort of stuff I wish they'd start selling again.

Uh, no. Not so much. Plus that isn't Disney anyway. It's an outside company.

As for shirts, maybe I'm the odd one but I'm not wearing a Disney t-shirt when we are out and about at home. I'm not taking my wife out to dinner or going to a party wearing a Disney World t-shirt. But I have absolutely no problem going out wearing one of my many Disney polo shirts. I ought to post a pic of some of them. They have nice, relatively discreet logos on the left breast area, really no different than any other logo polo would have. I have one from MGM, a couple from Animal Kingdom, some from Company D, one from Disneyland, etc. That's the sort of stuff I wish they'd start selling again.

Frankly Steve, you're probably the only one here who ever gets invited to parties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!