Pete is right about lack of merchandise for men

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
In today's Daily Fix, Pete went on a little rant about the lack of merchandise at Disney Springs for me. I totally agree. I'm not a big shopper but I do look for stuff when we're there any pretty much never buy anything. Personally, what I'd really like is some nice Disney polo shirts. The only one they have is the one with the basic little embroidered Mickey on it. Years ago, there were ones from each park as well as others. I have a bunch but they're all 15-20 years old at this point. It would be nice to get new ones.

They have an endless supply of t-shirts but I really don't want graphic tees at this point in my life. I want something a bit nicer - like a polo shirt - that I can wear if we go out for the day or out for a casual dinner or whatever. The 28 & Main collection has some stuff for guys but it's still mostly t-shirts as far as clothing goes. Disney needs to realize that they have customers over the age of 20 who would be happy to spend money if there was just something to spend it on.

It's not de rigueur to cater to men these days.............:worried:
Tell me about it! Mom of 3 boys here! Thankfully they are young enough that jeans a t-shirt are fine for most things. But trying to find nicer clothes or anything that makes my little fashion happy boy excited is few and far between. It was hard finding things for them at the Disney Store for Christmas gifts!

Uniqlo would typically pull me in and the last time I was there (~2 weeks ago) I saw embroidered Mickeys on a t-shirt. So, I trekked up to 2nd floor hoping to see if they had some decent quality men's golf shirts with a Disney theme. If they had them, I couldn't find them.

It's sad that I can get a quality golf/polo shirt at the Orlando IZOD outlets rather than at DS.

In today's Daily Fix, Pete went on a little rant about the lack of merchandise at Disney Springs for me. I totally agree. I'm not a big shopper but I do look for stuff when we're there any pretty much never buy anything. Personally, what I'd really like is some nice Disney polo shirts. The only one they have is the one with the basic little embroidered Mickey on it. Years ago, there were ones from each park as well as others. I have a bunch but they're all 15-20 years old at this point. It would be nice to get new ones.

They have an endless supply of t-shirts but I really don't want graphic tees at this point in my life. I want something a bit nicer - like a polo shirt - that I can wear if we go out for the day or out for a casual dinner or whatever. The 28 & Main collection has some stuff for guys but it's still mostly t-shirts as far as clothing goes. Disney needs to realize that they have customers over the age of 20 who would be happy to spend money if there was just something to spend it on.
Haven't seen today's Daily Fix but I agree with you & Pete ( as a middle aged woman). DH would buy a polo shirt but graphic tees are not his thing.
He may buy a tee shirt to wear at the beach, pool etc but only ones with a small logo or graphic. He has a 12 year old or more POFQ polo and would buy a new one if they had it. The Mickey one isn't for him.

Tell me about it! Mom of 3 boys here! Thankfully they are young enough that jeans a t-shirt are fine for most things. But trying to find nicer clothes or anything that makes my little fashion happy boy excited is few and far between. It was hard finding things for them at the Disney Store for Christmas gifts!
Yup....
We gave up trying to buy clothes for our twin Grandsons.
Since they passed Tweenhood it seems like they have the choice of returning to infancy, adopting Rap duds, or jumping to old age for their clothing.
So far it appears as though they've chosen the "old age" route.
Thank God..............

Uniqlo would typically pull me in and the last time I was there (~2 weeks ago) I saw embroidered Mickeys on a t-shirt. So, I trekked up to 2nd floor hoping to see if they had some decent quality men's golf shirts with a Disney theme. If they had them, I couldn't find them.

It's sad that I can get a quality golf/polo shirt at the Orlando IZOD outlets rather than at DS.
Speaking of Uniqlo - I LOVE their men's Sorcerer's Apprentice t-shirt - the men's - don't like the sleeves on women's shirts. Been trying to order if for the last year or so! Every time I go to order it in my size/color, it says "Low stock, we'll email you when replenished". Still waiting. So - even when it appears you can order it, you CAN'T!. :(

Last edited:
Totally agree! I can't tell you how many trips I've been on trying to find something for male friends and nada, no luck! Tired of the same 5 graphic tee designs. I noticed the exact same ones on every trip I go to. The only variation I see is maybe the men's athletic gear, but that's not what I'm looking for :(

I think there are chain stores that do have plenty for men but in terms of stuff directly from Disney they definitely lack in things for men.

I'll agree. Finding decent men's clothing is hard. There's many times I go to the local Disney store and come out and I'm like... well, I wanted to buy myself a shirt or something, but there wasn't anything. I'm not a Star Wars guy, so that line of clothing doesn't appeal to me. And if there are things for men, it's golf wear and astronomically expensive.

There are so many characters and angles they could go with men's clothing too.

I think there are chain stores that do have plenty for men but in terms of stuff directly from Disney they definitely lack in things for men.
True.
Wal Mart has mens clothing.
But when I'm looking for clothing for the Grandsons at Disney, or one of their stores, it's like fishing in the Sahara.

My guess is it’s probably a supply and demand thing. Although there are no doubt some eager male shoppers in this thread and this diehard community, I don’t think there are enough to get Disney’s attention or to turn a significant profit.

Most men I know wouldn’t wear Mickey polos or golf shirts. In fact, you don’t see many themed polos or golf shirts out there of any kind - even beyond Disney themes. Most of the logo shirts you see are giveaways as a means of promotion for companies.

Most men, though, have a lot of tee-shirts. But even then, not many men are wearing Donald Duck and Goofy. It’s just not considered that manly in terms of broad appeal.

One thing I’m pretty certain - if there was a profitable market for them, Disney would be doing it (or will do it). Disney is pretty good sucking cash out of every man’s wallet. So the fact they aren’t doing it with men’s clothing leads me to believe the market just isn’t there.

True.
Wal Mart has mens clothing.
But when I'm looking for clothing for the Grandsons at Disney, or one of their stores, it's like fishing in the Sahara.
I meant chain stores at Disney Springs like Uniqlo, Tommy Bahama, etc.

My guess is it’s probably a supply and demand thing. Although there are no doubt some eager male shoppers in this thread and this diehard community, I don’t think there are enough to get Disney’s attention or to turn a significant profit.

Most men I know wouldn’t wear Mickey polos or golf shirts. In fact, you don’t see many themed polos or golf shirts out there of any kind - even beyond Disney themes. Most of the logo shirts you see are giveaways as a means of promotion for companies.

Most men, though, have a lot of tee-shirts. But even then, not many men are wearing Donald Duck and Goofy. It’s just not considered that manly in terms of broad appeal.

One thing I’m pretty certain - if there was a profitable market for them, Disney would be doing it (or will do it). Disney is pretty good sucking cash out of every man’s wallet. So the fact they aren’t doing it with men’s clothing leads me to believe the market just isn’t there.

That's the thing though, if they actually put half a thought into making some decent t-shirts, they'd have a market to sell into. Disney isn't just princesses, there's a lot more. Sure, as I said, there's Star Wars, but that's not for everyone.

The online crafter sites have some interesting stuff out there. You know, the sites that Disney is seeing and copying into their brand now.

That is sort of my thinking - either I have dress shirts or I wear t-shirts. I don’t want any characters or logos on anything nice - so t-shirts work for me when it comes to Disney stuff - or like some tropical/Hawaiian shirt type thing

A nice/golf shirt with Mickey on it does not appeal to me at all

When we are at Disney......we are always looking at the Rainforest Cafe at the mens shirts....and Sperry at Disney Springs for great men shoes.
Once in awhile the Harley Davidson store.

Pete's right though:smooth:

In fact, you don’t see many themed polos or golf shirts out there of any kind - even beyond Disney themes. Most of the logo shirts you see are giveaways as a means of promotion for companies.

Agreed. However, when IZOD partnered with IndyCar, the golf/polos were simply amazing (closet is still filled with them).

I always liked the "collarless" golf shirts best so long as they are lightweight. Maybe this would be a good compromise for Disney themed male shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!