• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pet fee

Camping Disney

<font color=FF99FF>Give me Disney World and a tent
Ok, here is a question that I just hate to ask and was a bit surprised that I needed to ask it for FW.

I just found out that there is a $5.00 charge per day for pets. Is this for all pets, or is the price per pet. I have 2 dogs, both under 10 pounds and it just kills me when a campground wants me to pay per day and per dog. What exactly is it that the campground is charging me for? Ok, I realize I shouldn't complain, but I clean up after my pets and they stay in my RV almost the entire time we camp.

Sorry about the venting, but if I have to add this to the cost of my budget, I better find out about it now.

Thanks again!!
Michele

I know it's discouraging to those of us who do clean up after our pets to pay an extra fee, but there are those that don't, unfortunately. Disney's fee is high, but then again...this is Disney, everything is high priced. I don't know if it is per animal, but no-one came around counting how many dogs we had....if you get my drift.;)

There may be another fee also associated with pets. Ft. Wilderness only allows pets in the 300 loop, which is a preferred site. Not only is the preferred rate higher, but I think that Disney requires you to kennel your pet if you're away from the site, (ie: parks, etc.) You may want to check if that rule is still in effect, because, you guessed it, there is also a kennel fee.

I understand the rules and wholeheartedly agree with them, but boy, it sure does get expensive.

:eek:

One small correction - loops 1600-1900 are also pet loops. They are not preferred sites.

Yes, you are right about not leaving pets unattended during the day, unless you are in a hard-sided trailer or motorhome with AC. If you're in a tent or tent-trailer, you need to keep the pet in the kennel during the day. :)

The fee is per campsite, not per pet. It covers the cost of making sure bags are available around all the pet loops, mainitenance of the pet walk area (I'm sure they wouldn't keep the grass cut in those areas otherwise) as well as the employees it takes to clean up after owners who don't take responsibility.

1600-1900 are no preferred pet loops 300 & 700 are preferred pet loops.

Rhonda covers the rules well.

Originally posted by Camping Disney
Ok, here is a question that I just hate to ask and was a bit surprised that I needed to ask it for FW.

I just found out that there is a $5.00 charge per day for pets. Is this for all pets, or is the price per pet. I have 2 dogs, both under 10 pounds and it just kills me when a campground wants me to pay per day and per dog. What exactly is it that the campground is charging me for? Ok, I realize I shouldn't complain, but I clean up after my pets and they stay in my RV almost the entire time we camp.

Sorry about the venting, but if I have to add this to the cost of my budget, I better find out about it now.

Thanks again!!
Michele

I can understand your frustration. Our pet NEVER leaves the camper, doesn't need to be walked or cleaned up after (a cat) and we still have to pay that $5.00 a day. :-) But, I have to say that it's worth it to be able to bring our "baby" with us to WDW.

When making our reservations we told them we had two cats that stay in the camper (a hardsided truck camper) all the time. The reservation clerk then told us that didn't count. We are not being charged a pet fee for the cats. I would make sure they didn't misunderstand you about it being a "house cat".

:wave:

Thanks everyone for the info. I know I will pay the price no matter what it is so I can bring "all" of my children with me. I was just a bit surprised at the amount.

Sorry for the venting. Thanks everyone for the info!!

Michele

LOL yep he is but he doesn't travel with us :(

This countdown thingy isn't moving fast enough!!!

:wave:

are pets allowed in the FW cabins at night? I have read about keeping them in the kennel during the day or when you are away. Are pets only allowed at the campsites? Anyone ever have a problem with not enough space available to board I heard they made that kennell smaller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter