Pensioners, Pirates and Princesses - DAY 3

ruthiebabie

Hey There Hi There Ho There Its A Disney Kind Of D
Day 1 details here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2012590.
Day 2 details here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2014130

So day 3. Our final full day :sad2:

Me and Mum were heading into Paris early with an agenda to follow with the others following on afterwards.

So we were up early and sneaking around the apartment getting ready. Lucy was awake though so everyone else woke up as well :rotfl2:.

We decided that rather than walk through the shopping mall we would walk round the outside to the station (personally I thought it was quicker). We got to the station and got our tickets (Mobilis zone 1-5) and headed off into Paris. I love looking out the window at other peoples houses and gardens so the journey passed really quickly. Our first stop was the Eiffel Tower - not to go up this time just because we love the architecture of it and every time you see it, it is just as amazing. However first stop was breckie. We're creatures of habit and go to the same place everytime which is just down a side street before the Eiffel tower (its not overly expensive and has clean toilets - always a bonus!). Hot choc, orange juice, hot baguette and butter, croissant and jam for 9 euros. And they do a fab goats cheese salad at lunch time! Here's my Mum outside - I went black and white for Paris - thought it looked more moody!
DLPNov08232.jpg

After breckie we cut through the park to the tower.

DLPNov08233.jpg

There were quite a lot of beggars around (all females and all dressed the same and lots of police with guns too so an interesting mix). We then headed off walking down the left bank towards Notre Dame. As you walk down here there is a fab building that has a living wall made up of plants growing all up the wall - you can't help but stop and touch it as you go by. Stopped outside the Musee D'orsay for a pic. And decided Notre Dame still looked too far away so got on the Metro.
DLPNov08242.jpg

We didn't go to Notre Dame as we were there last summer but instead went into the Latin Quarter for a mooch round the shops. There was a lovely local market just at the point we entered so had a look round there. Then spotted this fountain - so lovely and yet someone had climbed up it to do some graffiti. Grrr
DLPNov08247.jpg

We mooched around a bit more and then stopped for a cheeky beer in a cafe.

By this point the rest of the gang had arrived in Paris. They had got tickets for cineaqua via tesco clubcard deals http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=691&bci=4294966267|European Attractions and as it turned out our friend Luke who used to manage Planet at DLRP is now the manager there so they went to catch up with him. Reports back were that it was really good. very interactive and similar to Blue Planet (Cheshire) or The Deep (Hull) if you have been there.

Mum and I then walked over the Seine to the Pont D'alma where the flame statue is over the tunnel where Diana Princess of Wales died. We paused for a moment to think about her and then made our way down into the Meto to go to the end of the Champs Elysee.
DLPNov08248.jpg

Walking up the Champs Elysee I couldn't resist a pic of the Disney Store!
DLPNov08249.jpg

We walked up to the top to the Arc de Triomphe and then caught the train back to Marne - just a taster of Paris but still lovely.

We got back to the park as the parade was finishing and scooted round to BTM with the intention of getting a fastpass. OMG :scared1: 2 hour 20 minute queue and no sign of a fastpass! And then as we went past they changed the sign to read 180 minutes as if somehow putting it in minutes made it sound less!!

So we ummed and ahhed and couldn't decide what to do so if in doubt get a hot choc so thats what we did. I queued 20 minutes to get those too - the park was manic - I have never seen it so busy as we usually come midweek and leave before the weekend.

After the hot choc we went to queue for Mickeys Winterwonderland show. Mum had never seen this before plus one of Helens CM friends was playing Dale so we wanted to get some pics of her. There was a big queue for this too and it was all roped off as Santas village was having a private event too - how I would love to be lucky enough to be a Disney VIP :worship: .

Just one pic
DLPNov08257.jpg

and the rest you can find here
http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj212/rhcrawshaw/DLRP Nov 08/?start=all

By this time everyone else was back from Paris too so we agreed to meet in the Studios and maybe get a fastpass for TOT. Who was I kidding.... more chance of there being no queue for Crush in the middle of the day. :rotfl2:

So we decided to mooch through the shops before heading for tea again at Planet.
DLPNov08272.jpg

After tea we had a last mooch round the village for pressies before getting the last bus back to the Adagio.

We were getting picked up at 8.00am the next day so we did most of our packing when we got back.

We were up bright and early the next morning to get to the airport - our flight was at 11 and parishuttle had said they would pick us up at 8am. At 7.55 the driver rang whilst we were in reception to say he was outside and by 8.30 am we were at the airport! Next time we are going to tell them to pick us up later.

I'm not convinced that Easyjets move to T2 is necessarily a good thing - there may be a few more shops and restaurants but once you pass through security there is nothing and hardly any seating - not ideal for families. As we knew this already we hung back in a cafe where we wrote up Fliks journal and read through some of his previous adventures.

Before too long it was time to head through security so Flik got back into his travel case ready for his next adventure and with our heads and hearts still spinning with Disney thoughts we headed up into the skies and back to Liverpool.

Thanks for reading.

Magically yours :wizard:

Ruth

Sounds like you had a fab day in Paris - we are thinking of going in at night time.

Oh, and thanks for your other report on the Adagio - we have just changed to stay there so good to know that it is nice :goodvibes

Aww what a lovely report, I love your Paris photos :) .

wonderful photos of Paris- they look amazing in black and white.

We were there at the same time as you and agree it was so busy on the Saturday. I think we may have been at the same Mickeys Winter wonderland show as you as when we went it was roped off for the party in Santas village as well

Ruth, what a wonderful report - I have just finished reading all 3 installments. I love your black & white photos of Paris, it's making me want to squeeze in a visit when I am there in January, but with 2 young children I probably won't!

A lovely report, thanks for sharing:goodvibes

Loved reading your trip report :goodvibes - your photos are brilliant - and I'm really impressed that you found time to do Paris in only 3 days at DLRP :)

Loved reading your TR Ruth - sounds like you all had a fab time (minus the snoring lol). Love your photos esp the b&w ones of Paris :thumbsup2

Fantastic Paris photographs, we went into Paris for the first time in July (organised tour with Disney) and absolutely loved it, hoping next year to do it on our own as my three would love to do Notre Dame and Louvre in more detail.
Fabulous trip report, many thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter