Pay Phones?

monalsw

<font color=blue>Had an embarassing SpongeBob mome
My grandma is a resident at the nursing home that i work at and she's very anxious about my upcoming trip. I assured her that I would call her, but it cost me a small fortune last time to call from the room!

I've thought about purchasing calling cards and calling her from the parks. Will this work? What is the least expensive way to 'phone home', probably daily?

TIA

If there's one near you, go to a Sam's Club and buy an AT&T calling card for less than $.04 a minute. You can use them at any pay phone at WDW or anywhere else. (Note that each pay phone call will also deduct 5 minutes from your card in addition to the time you use.)

You can use calling cards from the pay phones; we have one we bought at Sam's Club, I think it cost under 5 cents a minute. To use it from your WDW resort room phone costs 75 cents for the call.

Definitely a calling card is the cheapest way to call from a pay phone. I got one at BJs for 4 cents a minute and one from Walmart at 6 cents a minute. You just dial an 800# that's on the back of the calling card, enter your pin from the back of the calling card and you're all set. Before I got my cell phone this was how I called home.

There are pay phones everywhere. I used them in November to call my father everyday using a calling card. If you email me, I will tell you where some of the quietest ones are.

If you use a calling card from your room it is billed as a local or 800 number call, about .75 total. You do not incur long distance charges.

(Note that each pay phone call will also deduct 5 minutes from your card in addition to the time you use.)
We used ours in the lobby of POR last February, and I believe they deducted 9 minutes per call. ~:D~

If you have a cell phone you might want to up your coverage to unlimited national calls for while you are away. You can change it just for one month and then all your calls long distance or not will be "free" (or at least paid for in one shot).:)

The best pay phone I found was in the AT&T phone area you go into after you ride Spaceship Earth. It's called the Family Phone, it's in a phone booth (size equal to about 4 regular phone booths) and the phone is huge! It's a lot of fun to use and it is like a speaker phone. The booth is sound proof so noone can hear your conversation.
Picture_0574-vi.jpg

You can see a little part of the phone next to the sign. Yes it's that big :)

Originally posted by Mish19
The best pay phone I found was in the AT&T phone area you go into after you ride Spaceship Earth. It's called the Family Phone, it's in a phone booth (size equal to about 4 regular phone booths) and the phone is huge! It's a lot of fun to use and it is like a speaker phone. The booth is sound proof so noone can hear your conversation.

I have to second that Family Phone. We've used it several times when we called my family from Epcot, and it's a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter