Parking in Fort Wilderness

As has been mentioned, speed limit is slow at the fort (Cart, Car, Truck, bike, etc...) so while there are grassy spots to "Pull Over" I think the biggest thing is Courtesy. If you are slower and holding up traffic, at the first reasonable opportunity, you should pull over and let them pass. Doesn't matter if you are in a Surrey, Golf Cart, EV, or your truck. I think your Surrey would be fine on the roads and cart paths.

Either way and whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy your trip.

I know this post is a bit old, but can anyone tell me what you did with your scooter/ECV at night if you were in a camper? My in-laws are wanting to come for a few nights and we can accommodate them, but one needs a scooter for the park. EEK! The ones inside the park are such a pain and more expensive. Thanks for any advice!!!

I know this post is a bit old, but can anyone tell me what you did with your scooter/ECV at night if you were in a camper? My in-laws are wanting to come for a few nights and we can accommodate them, but one needs a scooter for the park. EEK! The ones inside the park are such a pain and more expensive. Thanks for any advice!!!
If you have an awning, keep it there. If not, maybe pick up an EZ Up tent. It’s very convenient to sit under and enjoy the evening and it’s great to keep things dry. Have fun!!

Thanks! We do have an awning & I was thinking - worse case scenario - if we had a particularly rainy day we could cover it with a tarp. The rain covers they provide wouldn’t protect it very much in heavy rain so I was a bit concerned leaving it outdoors. I did see somewhere that you should plug it in directly for charging rather than from the RV so I suppose we need an extra extension cord. At least we are thinking about this before our trip! Lol! Who knew?!?!

Thanks! We do have an awning & I was thinking - worse case scenario - if we had a particularly rainy day we could cover it with a tarp. The rain covers they provide wouldn’t protect it very much in heavy rain so I was a bit concerned leaving it outdoors. I did see somewhere that you should plug it in directly for charging rather than from the RV so I suppose we need an extra extension cord. At least we are thinking about this before our trip! Lol! Who knew?!?!
the one year that I had to use scooter we put under awning and covered with a tarp as that helped keep dew off seat so it was not wet in morning. do not remember where we plugged in each night but I do remember having charger and cord with it all in basket under tarp in case of rain. make sure your extension cord is outdoor rated. it is doable so have a great time

He asked me to find out if we are able to drive our truck to the pools,

1) Yes, but there is very few parking spaces.
2) People frequently drive their own cars or trucks around The Fort to explore, especially at holidays.
3) But, there are not many places to park the vehicle, except near some Comfort Stations.

NOTE:
. . . You can drive your vehicle on roads in The Fort, and even in The Loops to view decorated campsites.
. . . Additionally, CM's cannot stop you from driving around, as long as you are careful and drive slowly.
. . . In fact, we do this EVERY YEAR during Halloween and Christmas periods, to see how folks fix their sites.

He asked me to find out if we are able to drive our truck to the pools,
1) Yes, but there is very few parking spaces.
2) People frequently drive their own cars or trucks around The Fort to explore, especially at holidays.
3) But, there are not many places to park the vehicle, except near some Comfort Stations.

There is actually No parking spaces at the pool or at any of the comfort stations at Fort Wilderness for a vehicle, only golf cart and bike parking. There is 15 minute parking at the Meadows Trading Post for shopping in the store only. You have to keep your vehicle at your cabin, campsite or in the front parking lot and use the buses, bikes, golf carts or walking to any destination within the Fort. You can drive around the loops and anywhere in the Fort the vehicles are allowed but you can not park your vehicle. Hope this helps.

The Fort is very "walk-able". (That is how I viewed the Halloween and Christmas Decorations last year). Most people use a golf cart or the buses to get around within Fort Wilderness. Additionally you will see skate boards, segways, and even horse-drawn wagons. The point is, Guests are allowed to drive their cars to their sites and PARK them. Cars are not supposed to be a form of transportation at the Fort. That is the reason there are generally only parking spaces for cars at the Outpost and at the sites.

That said, I've seen a lot more cars driving around (and speeding) in the past few years. It's very concerning because it's a safety issue (most of the children playing and riding bikes in the loops don't view those loops as streets) and families tend to give their children more freedoms in the Disney bubble/Fort.

From the WDW site.... https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/services-amenities/

Vehicles and Recreational Devices
CRUISE around the woods with the use of an officially authorized vehicle or recreation device. The following are permitted at Disney’s Fort Wildness Resort:

Licensed Vehicles

• Automobiles
  • Motorcycles
  • Neighborhood electric vehicles (NEVs)
  • Global electric motorcars (GEMs)
  • Moped scooters
It seems this policy differs from what I was always told was Fort policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!