Parking fees in the evening

germandisneymom

Earning My Ears
We are doing a split stay in April.
5 days onsite, 5 days offsite. (and in between a 3 day break to St Augustine)

I really not try to cheat, but read on a trip report, that in the evening 2-3 hours before closing there is no one at the entrance booths to the parking lot.
Did someone experience that?

Thought of maybe one or two days going to a waterpark and only in the evening doing one or two rides and firework.

The only time we have experienced no one at parking booths has been when we have arrived VERY early in the morning. But we don't typically head to the parks later in the evening.

I wouldn't count on it. I've driven in, late in the day, and there were one or two booths open and functioning. Other times there were none, but those were at extremely slow times...those times barely exist anymore. April is far from slow, in fact, it's quite busy.

You won't know until you get there. You can arrive at 4am to park and you can park for free since no one is at the booths yet. On the opposite side, sometimes I've went to a park at 5pm and all the attendants were gone so anyone could park for free. I've also arrived at 7pm and they were there.

So it's a toss up. There's nothing that says arrive X amount of hours before a park closes and you can park for free

Thank you.
Parking fees won't be a reason for not hitting the parks, of course.
If there would have been a role eg the last to hours or something, I would prefer to come after that and not 10 min earlier.

Thanks.

We've never arrived late in the day, but have on occasion had no one there when we got to the parks early. For sure, it isn't something you can count on, but it does happen from time to time.

The booths being empty in the evening seems to occur less frequently lately. I think Disney decided it was worth paying 2 cm's to keep a couple of booths open.

Last month we got to HS at 6pm and the booths were unmanned. Think closing was 8.30. At MK they were still manned after 8pm for a midnight closing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter