Park Hopping from DHS to Epcot

JWhiz

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to plan a day of park hopping with a car. I would like to not have to move the car during the day, so I'd like to park once in the morning and pick it up at night. I have done this before, arriving at DHS at opening, taking the Friendship boat over to Epcot in the afternoon, then walking back from Epcot to my car at DHS through the Boardwalk resort area when the day was done. Not sure my travel companion would want to walk that far at the end of the day.

This time I'm planning a day similar to last time. Start at DHS near opening time, go to Epcot during the day and stay there until closing. Obviously the easy thing to do would be just to use my car between the two parks, but I would like to include a boat ride or walk through the Boardwalk area at least one way. If I park first at Epcot to have my car ready for the end of the day, will the park to park bus to DHS be operating before opening? Does it matter that DHS is having the extra magic hour that morning?

Another option is to take the bus between the two parks when I transition from DHS to Epcot. Then we could take the boat or walk back after Epcot closes. I assume the boat will run after closing but maybe not. DHS also closes an hour before Epcot that day. Also Illuminations starts at 9p so getting back could be even later, almost two hours after DHS closes.

Any thoughts or suggestions from folks how have similarly split the day between these two parks?

You could take the boat to Swan and Dolphin at the end of the night at Epcot and then walk to HS. At least it will be a shorter walk.

We frequently park at DHS and then boat over to Epcot, close out the park (even if it closes later than DHS) and then take the boat back. We always tell the crew that is what we need to do before getting on the boat. They have had to sometimes radio into someone that that is what they are doing, but have never refused us the boat ride over.

Good luck!

We take the boat both ways. Relaxing. And late at night, I get to put my arm around Mrs. Ally in the back of the boat! pirate: ARghhhhh!

We often spend the day at HS, head to Epcot for dinner, and back to Studios for closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter