Park Disney Cruise Reservation

meliscan

Mouseketeer
I booked a 2018 reservation before the sailing and then booked another reservation onboard. I was going to cancel my original 2018 reservation but they mentioned parking the reservation. Does anyone know what that means? Does that mean they are just using my deposit for the 2019 cruises when the prices come out? I would imagine they are not going to allow me to get the 2018 pricing for a 2019 cruise :)

I booked a 2018 reservation before the sailing and then booked another reservation onboard. I was going to cancel my original 2018 reservation but they mentioned parking the reservation. Does anyone know what that means? Does that mean they are just using my deposit for the 2019 cruises when the prices come out? I would imagine they are not going to allow me to get the 2018 pricing for a 2019 cruise :)
Who used the term? Someone at DCL? Or your TA? I've never heard of "parking" a reservation.

It has been a long time ago, but we once had to cancel a cruise (before the penalty point). The phone rep I spoke to suggested "parking" the reservation. That is the exact term she used. What it meant (at that time anyway) was that Disney would basically hang on to whatever money we had paid towards the cruise we were cancelling. Then, when new cruises were released by Disney, if we booked one we could transfer that money to the new cruise.

Yeah, I declined that "offer" and took the refund. :sad2:

Who used the term? Someone at DCL? Or your TA? I've never heard of "parking" a reservation.
It was my travel agent that used the phrase. I am assuming it means they hang onto my deposit and apply it to another cruise I book. It's a way for them to have money I guess and makes me feel like I have already spent the deposit, why not cruise again! (Not logical on my part but I am sure holding onto money helps them)

It has been a long time ago, but we once had to cancel a cruise (before the penalty point). The phone rep I spoke to suggested "parking" the reservation. That is the exact term she used. What it meant (at that time anyway) was that Disney would basically hang on to whatever money we had paid towards the cruise we were cancelling. Then, when new cruises were released by Disney, if we booked one we could transfer that money to the new cruise.

Yeah, I declined that "offer" and took the refund. :sad2:

That is what I thought it meant. I can see her point sort in a way. I have already paid that money so in theory I won't miss it. :rolleyes: On my end if I keep that deposit I may have a better chance talking my husband into a cruise as I have already paid the deposit!

we've had to cancel a few ressies over the years ... We usually will cancel the one ressie and apply the money already deposited on that one to the next cruise. I don't care if Disney has my money --- $1,000 over the course of a year - I might earn $2 !!

And I assume that the ressie that you are cancelling does not have any on board booking benefits. If that's the case, cancel the ressie and move the money to the next one (unless you need that cash now for something else)

The reservation I am parking had the on-board booking credit and 10% off. We were on the shortened Irma Fantasy cruise. We got 25% off another cruise but you can't use that in conjunction with any other offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!