Park candy question

ministrychick77

insane wrestling fanatic
I have a question I haven't been able to find an answer to on Google..
Right before the cruise, my BF & I are gonna be in the parks for a couple days. I plan on getting some candy and sweets to bring back with us.

Is that gonna be an issue bringing it on and off the ship? (And I mean at the beginning and end of the cruise) Is there anything I should do with it to keep it all safe?

Thanks!!

I think maybe OP is worried about customs and Immigration.. good question. I think it depends on if it's packaged.... Example those candy apples would be a no no as you are then bringing fruit back into the USA. I also would wonder if those rice crispy ears with choclocate and M&Ms is considered packaged goods? they are wrapped in plastic but not 100% sealed as processed food.. Anything that is packaged is ok...

melting is a whole different issue...

Often times when we cruise we will have snacks leftover from our travels, whether we fly or drive. I never thought about it and have brought on boxes of crackers (that had been opened) and bags of candy, that sort of thing. It's never been a problem. I will rethink that though, if it's not allowed. My friend did once bring some fruit with her not knowing it wasn't allowed and that got confiscated.

Actually this thread makes me ask another question. Do Cruise terminal have luggage storage facilities. This would make sense as I know many people including us travel before our cruises so theoretically we could have one suitcase full of food leave it in the terminal and then just pick it up on your return. Or if you just happen to have extra luggage from your trip before the cruise this way you wouldn’t have to schlep and transport​

I assume you could take candy apples on board in PC, you would just need to consume them on the ship?

I hope so, as those are my favorite and we do have one day where we can hit downtown disney.

Actually this thread makes me ask another question. Do Cruise terminal have luggage storage facilities. This would make sense as I know many people including us travel before our cruises so theoretically we could have one suitcase full of food leave it in the terminal and then just pick it up on your return. Or if you just happen to have extra luggage from your trip before the cruise this way you wouldn’t have to schlep and transport​
No luggage storage at Port Canaveral.

I assume you could take candy apples on board in PC, you would just need to consume them on the ship?

I hope so, as those are my favorite and we do have one day where we can hit downtown disney.

The candy apples would be a no-no. You can'tbring fresh fruit on or off the ship, even in PC.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for the replies. Mainly I meant the packaged snacks like the candies and crackers and such. As of now, no plans to get a Mickey candy apple.

So basically I'm thinking about getting a big Disney bag and putting all the snacks in one bag. Because I plan on getting snacks. This is my first trip to the Florida parks, so I wanna get some fun treats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter