Parade Spot Saving?

mom2rtk

Invented the term "Characterpalooza"
I know earlier in the year they said they were cracking down on all the insanely early spot saving for fireworks and parades. Are they still doing that? What's the current policy?

If we want to see the Christmas parade next week on a weekday with only one showing, how early should we be there for a curbside seat?

It was still happening a few weeks ago. Also saw folks sitting on the curb 2 hours before the parade. I couldn't believe it. That's a lot of time just waiting.

It was still happening a few weeks ago. Also saw folks sitting on the curb 2 hours before the parade. I couldn't believe it. That's a lot of time just waiting.
So they weren't limiting spot saving to after when they put the ropes up? I'm thinking that's what they tried out earlier in the year.

So they weren't limiting spot saving to after when they put the ropes up? I'm thinking that's what they tried out earlier in the year.
Yes, they've stopped requiring you to wait until the ropes are up. But they are still requiring that at least one person for each saved section remain there at all times. You can't just put down a blanket and go about your day like you used to.

Yes, they've stopped requiring you to wait until the ropes are up. But they are still requiring that at least one person for each saved section remain there at all times. You can't just put down a blanket and go about your day like you used to.
You'd think that alone would help.

As is typical, it varies. We saw abandoned blankets on the curb. Clearly no one in sight. Other times we saw a lone person saving the spot.

That has never actually been allowed, some people just got away with it in the past, if no one is there, they were always supposed to take everything to lost & found.

As for the original question, it really depends, are you going to the starting end of the parade or the ending end? Because if at the ending, then you can get there at about parade time and should be fine, if at the starting end, then you will want to be there early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter