pack n' play at DVC resorts

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
We have a split stay in December between SSR and VWL. I will have a just turned 2 year old on the trip who still sleeps in a crib at home. I would probably consider renting a crib but with a split stay that might be a might be confusing and we will be tight on space at SSR since it's a studio. Do all rooms have a pack n' play to use? Are they nice? Just trying to decide what to use. Thanks!

All DVD rooms automatically have a pack n play. You don't need to request one. It will be a standard Graco type model. I have used them on numerous trips and never had an issue with the quality. Depending on the size of your 2 year old, I might consider alternative arrangements as some children get too big/tall for a pack n play around that age. I believe the weight limit on a pack n play is 30 lbs. My son is 29 lbs but I think he's getting too tallto be comfortable in a pack n play at this point. He turned 2 in July.

All DVD rooms automatically have a pack n play. You don't need to request one. It will be a standard Graco type model. I have used them on numerous trips and never had an issue with the quality. Depending on the size of your 2 year old, I might consider alternative arrangements as some children get too big/tall for a pack n play around that age. I believe the weight limit on a pack n play is 30 lbs. My son is 29 lbs but I think he's getting too tallto be comfortable in a pack n play at this point. He turned 2 in July.

Thank you! He is petite for his age so as long as it is standard size, we are fine. We are staying at an airport hotel the first night so depending on their options, I may end up having to pack an inflatable toddler mattress anyway so that could always be a backup.

Is your son a good sleeper? I think those pack n plays look horridly uncomfortable for a kid much older than 6 months. They really have no cushion. We rented a crib at Disney, but have used the pack n play for shorter trips. However, I think my son could quite literally sleep on a rock. I had no idea human beings could sleep so heavily. If I have to wake him in the morning or from a nap, it's like trying to resurrect the dead. He will be 2 next month and is really too big for the pnp now (~31 lbs, 35-ish inches). Anyway, if your son isn't a good sleeper, it's something to consider. I don't think bell services would have a problem moving a crib for you if that's what you want to do! Just wanted to throw another thought out.

We stayed at SSR a couple of weeks ago and DS slept in the pack n play. He's 35" and around 25 lbs. He was a bit tall for it, and I'm guessing he wasn't finding it super comfortable. The first couple of nights he was fine, but by our second week he was getting really restless and we just ended up pulling him into bed with us. I've read that you can rent a crib directly from the DVC resorts but I'm not sure on the details. We did see a couple in the hallways at SSR that may have been resort cribs, I'm not sure. They looked smaller than a regular crib, but did have a much thicker mattress than a pack n play (if you can even call what the pack n play has a mattress). Maybe something to look into.

Is your son a good sleeper? I think those pack n plays look horridly uncomfortable for a kid much older than 6 months. They really have no cushion. We rented a crib at Disney, but have used the pack n play for shorter trips. However, I think my son could quite literally sleep on a rock. I had no idea human beings could sleep so heavily. If I have to wake him in the morning or from a nap, it's like trying to resurrect the dead. He will be 2 next month and is really too big for the pnp now (~31 lbs, 35-ish inches). Anyway, if your son isn't a good sleeper, it's something to consider. I don't think bell services would have a problem moving a crib for you if that's what you want to do! Just wanted to throw another thought out.

Yes he is an excellent sleeper! He is 22 months now, will be 24 months on our trip and he still sleeps in a pack n' play when we travel with no problem. I have a padded sheet I bought for ours and he enjoys it. He sleeps on the floor during naptime at school so I don't think the hard bottom has ever bothered him. I may still look into the crib though - I like the idea of a back-up if it doesn't work out but a mat on the floor may be more preferable to him then a crib.

We stayed at SSR a couple of weeks ago and DS slept in the pack n play. He's 35" and around 25 lbs. He was a bit tall for it, and I'm guessing he wasn't finding it super comfortable. The first couple of nights he was fine, but by our second week he was getting really restless and we just ended up pulling him into bed with us. I've read that you can rent a crib directly from the DVC resorts but I'm not sure on the details. We did see a couple in the hallways at SSR that may have been resort cribs, I'm not sure. They looked smaller than a regular crib, but did have a much thicker mattress than a pack n play (if you can even call what the pack n play has a mattress). Maybe something to look into.

It's been a while since our last doctors apt but I think DS is similar in size to yours (maybe a bit shorter). Did you get the impression this was a standard size pnp or perhaps smaller?

Yes he is an excellent sleeper! He is 22 months now, will be 24 months on our trip and he still sleeps in a pack n' play when we travel with no problem. I have a padded sheet I bought for ours and he enjoys it. He sleeps on the floor during naptime at school so I don't think the hard bottom has ever bothered him. I may still look into the crib though - I like the idea of a back-up if it doesn't work out but a mat on the floor may be more preferable to him then a crib.

It's been a while since our last doctors apt but I think DS is similar in size to yours (maybe a bit shorter). Did you get the impression this was a standard size pnp or perhaps smaller?

It is most definitely the standard size, roughly 39"x30" rectangular pack n play. It looks exactly like the basic (no frills) pack n plays that you can buy at any store. The one in our Villa looked to be in excellent condition and had a Mickey sheet with it. Housekeeping never changed the sheet, but we also never asked.

Do all studios still include pack and plays?
We jad to request one for our recent stay at Poly. Housekeeping was at our door within 20 minutes. I will say, it was a standard size but has a strange "minky" cover, that I was not super comfortable with. It was very loose and was clearly not standard from Graco.

We’ve asked for a crib at DVC resorts and have gotten one most of the time. It’s a white metal crib and they provide the sheet for the mattress.

Funny someone revived this thread from when my oldest was headed to Disney at age 2 and now my other son is here at 2. I’ve come to learn the pack n’ plays are horrible. There is no cushion what so ever. We travel with a tri-fold mattress for the pack n play.

I bought the Guava Lotus travel crib off FB marketplace before our most recent trip - that one doesn't have a weight limit and it's a bit more comfortable than a PnP (at least my daughter slept better on that than she did on a PnP). It folds down into a backpack and you can either take it on a plane as carry-on or check it. We checked it and had no issues.

As others have said, its a typical no frills PnP. The ones in our room were always clean. I did bring my own sheet but the one provided was fine as well.
All 3 of my kids slept in it with no problem.
They were always just in the closet in our DVC room but not sure if that has changed recently as some PP have mentioned.

We have gone to DVC rooms 3 times now with 2 year olds. A few notes:

Pre-Covid the pack and plays were in the room (closet) now you have to request it. Be sure to request it right when you get to the resort or even call the morning of and ask for it in the room.

The split stay with a 2 YO is a big gamble. We have done it twice. We usually travel with some comforts like a blanket and stuffed animals. Our kids never napped well in strollers. Post-COVID, we have not had either of our rooms ready before 3:00 PM. Our kids napped around 1 or 1:30 so that transfer day was tough. Also, one time the bell services bag transfer didn't bring bags to our room until after 7:00 pm. We made the mistake of only bringing a change of clothes and bathing suits for that day to the park. My advice would be to make sure you bring any essentials like medicine, snacks or even stuffed animals and blankets during the transfer day.

All in all the pack and play is pretty easy to deal with. I would just recommended you do some planning on that transfer day with nap schedules and creature comforts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter