Owners Locker

kateandy08096

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! I am about to sign up with owners locker and was looking on feedback. What does everyone keep in their locker? Do we need to buy a lock for it? Also I seen an owners locker lunch bag. Does anyone know where to get one At? It's the perfect size for my granddaughters juice and snacks for the parks. Thanks everyone!

I keep a juicing machine, cutting board, kitchen knife, PJs and some toiletries. No need to purchase a lock.

I keep debating with myself about getting one. I'd put in it some of the clothes I only wear at Disney, toiletries, some of my Disney ears and maybe even a couple of my tiara's.
Plus things like the tea bags I like, the electric tea kettle I have that I bring for winter trips and the 2 pair of teva tirra sandals that are only worn at Disney.
I'd probably add in some laundry detergent too. Knowing me, I could find more to put in. It would be great not to deal with much luggage each trip.

We had an Owner's Locker for several years and then stopped. We stopped because I was not disciplined enough to keep good records of what was in the box. We also started flying on Southwest where we did not have to pay for luggage. My problem was that I couldn't make myself keep good records of what was in our box. Owner's Locker provides great spreadsheets, but I would never find the time to sit down at the end of a trip and inventory what we had in the box. So, I would forget that we had left a heavy sweatshirt for each of us in the locker and would repack them the next trip. I also remember ordering a big bottle of laundry detergent from Garden Grocer only to find a 3/4 bottle in the locker. It works better for us to have 1 piece of luggage that we take back and forth with all the stuff we used to keep in the locker. That way, I can restock it prior to our trip.

The people at Owner's Locker though are top-notch!

Thanks all! I did sign up today on my lunch break and sat down and wrote out 2 pages of stuff that I would keep in there since we use our DEC about every 3 months. I may now need another locker! Lol we do fly southwest but also spirit and frontier. We are driving down for 2 weeks in Nov so plan on filling that locker up for my March April trip :)

I bought a bag of zip ties at the Dollar Store. I use those to keep my locker closed. There will be something similar which comes with your locker for you to use, but for some reason I could never get those to work. I put nail clippers in my carry-on bag for use in cutting through the zip ties to open the locker.

You can buy your own locks and use them. I'm not concerned about theft, I just needed a way to keep the lid on.

The small soft-sided insulated cooler: John used to hang out in Epcot every Tuesday night before Illuminations. He gave me one of the coolers then.

I created a list on my computer of the contents of my locker. I print it off and take it with me, so that I can mark it up to show what needs to be replaced.

The problem with keeping clothes in your locker is that you might be too tired on your last night to do laundry, and you don't want to put dirty clothes in the locker.

My most used items are a pair of scissors, a pad of paper, and an electric toothbrush.

I don't have one. There I said it. :duck:

But we drive. No flying to Disney. So, I really don't need one.

In fact, I use something similar at home. And I keep all of my Disney stuff in it.

I would definitely have one if we had to fly.

We have had an OL for 5 years and I can't imagine doing DVC without one. We only use it once a year for our long trip, but it make the DVC villa more like home! Perhaps our favorite item we keep in the locker is our Brita Pitcher with replacement filters. The water at WDW tastes terrible and the Brita filter pitcher makes it drinkable. Coming in a close second is our collection of sharp knives. We have many practical items in our locker, and some not so practical:

Tums, ibuprofen, hydrocortisone cream, grooming kit, dental floss, curling iron, multi-function tool, band-aids, shoe spray, disposable rain ponchos, Mickey umbrella, personal sprayers, body glide, talc powder, dryer sheets, color catchers, Tide pods, stain remover, dishwasher pods, chip clips/clothes pins, suction cup hooks (for the bathroom), night lights (4), wine opener, stemless acrylic wine glasses, bar tools, cocktail shaker, shot glasses, cutting board, 3 sharp knives, Brita and replacement filters, ziplock bags, tin foil, large shampoos, Tanqueray, Absolut, Woodford Reserve, MR. Coffee gold filter, beach balls, goggles, duct tape, moleskin, personal fans, salt/pepper, reusable grocery bags, scotch tape, and shower scrunchies.

We don't keep any clothes or shoes in the locker. Ours is quite full, but we don't lock it. I used some twist ties to keep it closed this time, as we have had the plastic ties that are provided break off during transport. We probably use 75% of the items that we store in the locker every trip. Some of the items are there just in case. It is hard to make time for taking inventory, but I did for our summer trip this year, and it will hopefully make it easier to re-stock the locker when we return next summer. I highly recommend an OL for all who travel annual for at least a week. Money well spent!! As mentioned, the people at Owner's Locker are a class act!!

We loved our OL but we stopped our service because we started driving again. We made the mistake of keeping some garlic powder in ours. The smell got into everything.

We took pictures of the stuff in our OL before we left instead of writing a list.

Here are some things that we kept in ours:
Easy Mac for the kids
Razors/shave gel
Cough drops
Various medicine (Tylenol...)
BandAids and blister pads
Tide pods
Ponchos (you can get a pack of 20 from Amazon for cheap)
Zip lock bags
Any leftover booze
Insulated cups
Baseball cap
Bath toys for the kids
Extra magic bands
Flip Flops
Flashlight
Extra sunglasses
SunBlock
Large bottle of conditioner
Extra phone and iPad chargers

...Tums, ibuprofen, hydrocortisone cream, grooming kit, dental floss, curling iron, multi-function tool, band-aids, shoe spray, disposable rain ponchos, Mickey umbrella, personal sprayers, body glide, talc powder, dryer sheets, color catchers, Tide pods, stain remover, dishwasher pods, chip clips/clothes pins, suction cup hooks (for the bathroom), night lights (4), wine opener, stemless acrylic wine glasses, bar tools, cocktail shaker, shot glasses, cutting board, 3 sharp knives, Brita and replacement filters, ziplock bags, tin foil, large shampoos, Tanqueray, Absolut, Woodford Reserve, MR. Coffee gold filter, beach balls, goggles, duct tape, moleskin, personal fans, salt/pepper, reusable grocery bags, scotch tape, and shower scrunchies.

... We probably use 75% of the items that we store in the locker every trip. Some of the items are there just in case.

Great list, but I'm wondering whether the Tanqueray, Absolut & Woodford Reserve fall under the "use every trip" or "there just in case."

(Was that obnoxious? I know I'm not as funny as I think I am.)

We love our OL, had it for several years and plan to continue with it. DW & I can now fly with a carry-on each rather than check any bags. We fly SW so there's no fee, but still, who wants to schlepp luggage around on vacation? You def don't need a lock for it, the locker comes with plastic ties that secure the bin from one trip to the next. We manage our inventory on-line at the OL website, it's very easy to use. We have our misc stuff in there including some clothing. We've been known to store some booze in it but I've pretty much perfected the art of rationing alcohol such that check out day and empty bottles occur simultaneously.:teeth:

I keep debating with myself about getting one. I'd put in it some of the clothes I only wear at Disney, toiletries, some of my Disney ears and maybe even a couple of my tiara's.
Plus things like the tea bags I like, the electric tea kettle I have that I bring for winter trips and the 2 pair of teva tirra sandals that are only worn at Disney.
I'd probably add in some laundry detergent too. Knowing me, I could find more to put in. It would be great not to deal with much luggage each trip.

Those sound like good things to keep in it.

We use the included lock tie things. They work just fine for us and can be twisted off when we get the locker delivered.

As for inventory, a little time with my laptop and the OL dashboard and I have it updated.

2 mugs, disposable coffee cups, coffee filters (gets irritating buying those each time or remembering to bring them), big thing of laundry detergent, knife, shampoos, soaps, moleskin, qtips, scissors, toothpaste, etc etc etc. an igloo cooler backpack too.

Just FYI, from our experience: The smells of laundry products, especially laundry powders and dryer sheets, tend to permeate all items stored in the locker. I would not suggest storing both laundry products and food items in the same OL?

Great list, but I'm wondering whether the Tanqueray, Absolut & Woodford Reserve fall under the "use every trip" or "there just in case."

(Was that obnoxious? I know I'm not as funny as I think I am.)

Well, for us, the Tanqueray and Absolut would be for every trip, and the Woodford would be there just in case. :drinking1

But let's see what the OP says. :rolleyes1

Well, I just looked at my OL inventory, and it shows that the Woodford needs to be replenished. So that one's an every trip! I always order limes and tonic from GG, so Tanqueray is an every trip, as well. The Absolut is a "just in case", as I prefer the other two, and DW may require the presence of Absolut just in case she wants a Bloody Mary or vodka and tonic. We just keep 750 mL of each, and they usually last a few years, unless we bring guests. In fact, I think in 5 years of having our OL we have had two Tanqueray, two Absolut and one Woodford (going on two).

We're staying 10 nights on concierge at AKV next summer, so we may not use much of our supply during that trip, given the free wine, beer, and evening cordials. Of course, I still enjoy an icy G and T on the balcony, so some of the Tanqueray will disappear!

Just FYI, from our experience: The smells of laundry products, especially laundry powders and dryer sheets, tend to permeate all items stored in the locker. I would not suggest storing both laundry products and food items in the same OL?

Yes! I mistakenly had scented dryer sheets and it made the oatmeal packets gross. After throwing out all the affected food and replacing the scented dryer sheets with the free and clear version, all better. We also only use free and clear detergent (pods currently in there), so no issues there.

Our most important contents are vodka and rum. Actually we finished off the vodka last time, so we have to bring a new one this time. Big mugs for our coffee. We bought Disney ones on the first trip we had the locker and leave them. So much more convenient. Band aids, mole skin, ponchos, meds, similar to what others have said.

We also fly southwest but I prefer not having to pack the booze every trip.

We've had one for years now but I do keep debating dropping it. I get free luggage and really could just as easily keep an "owners suitcase". But so far still have the owners locker. It's nice and they do have great service but depending on what you plan on keeping in it there may be less expensive ways to have those items at the villas.

When you use "free and clear" detergent that's not an issue. And all food products are inside of ziptop bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter