"Overtime" at L&M

leebee

DIS Veteran
I messed up slightly when making our airfare reservations...we arrive at MCO @ 11:20 AM and depart at 3:40pm (seven days later). Car rental is usually for one week exactly, so I thought we'd either have to pay for an 8th day on the car or spend a bit of time hanging out at MCO. However, when I played around with the L&M site, they quoted me a weekly rate with noon pick up/2pm drop off, but a weekly rate & one day rate with a noon pick up/3pm drop off. Since they quote only the weekly rate with the 12/2pm times, doesn't it seem that I should only have to pay the weekly rate, not for an extra day? Does anyone know anything about different company's "overtime" policies?

It looks like they are giving you a 2 hour grace period for the weekly rate, but, after that two hours you are getting charged for one more day. A two hour grace period is very generous, most only give 59 minutes.

Actually, I just got an even better rate ($6 buys 2 Mickey bars!) from Thrifty...Midsize car, pick up 12/8 at noon, drop off 12/15 at 2, $138 with a Sam's coupon. L&M's rate was $144. Too bad National can't do as well...

I've been getting the best prices from Dollar for onsite rentals (with the MAG code from mousesavers). I'm not sure what their overtime policy is, though.

T&B

Are you sure they did not add in an extra hour rate?

Many companies have that hourly rate for returns a few hours into the next day, but usually the daily rate is less than four or sometimes less than three hours.

Don't plan on using a grace period and cutting it close. If you are tardy, the company may refigure your entire rental at a higher rent. The actual rental contract spells out the details, sometimes you can find the details in the policies (rules) visible on the company's web site.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter