Overflow parking lot

morrik5

DIS Veteran
Random question just out of curiosity, do you have to go through the gate to get to the overflow lot or what stops people from just parking there for free and proceeding on WDW transportation or in the case of a dining reservation do you have to show your confirmation at the entry gate?

You have to go thru a gate that is manned by security. You need a MB or show them a reservation.

You have to go thru a gate that is manned by security. You need a MB or show them a reservation.
You know it's been too long since we've last been at the Fort that you have a blonde moment and can't remember anything other than the security/guard house and Outpost/checkin. That's why we're getting our refresher in just over 90 days - yay!!! I don't even know why I asked that in the first place except for just thinking of comments posted about parking for HDDR and MBYB. Thanks PaHunter.

Random question just out of curiosity, do you have to go through the gate to get to the overflow lot or what stops people from just parking there for free and proceeding on WDW transportation or in the case of a dining reservation do you have to show your confirmation at the entry gate?

Actually I was wondering the same thing about what would keep you from entering that lot without checking in first. :confused3 We were just there and I thought you reached the overflow lot from the side road where the buses enter. We almost had to go there to wait and I thought we would have had to exit the lot through the 'gate' then turn left to the overflow.

Guess my mind is fuzzy too!! We watched people leave from there on that side road.

True, you can't enter the parking lot from the side road without an active magic band. Only other way in is by security.

True, you can't enter the parking lot from the side road without an active magic band. Only other way in is by security.

1) Yup.
2) No random access to the Overflow Lot.
3) WDW is really tightening up to prevent people from avoiding the HIGH-HIGH-HIGH parking lot fees.
4) Of course there are other ways around not paying parking fees (but, will not list these).

NOTE: I forgot to add that some folks used to try to sneak into the Overflow Lot and stay the night - effectively getting a Free Night from Disney. This includes those who would arrive in the Wee Hours of the night, and not be able to check-in prior to 6:05am. (Disney gives NOTHING free to guests, including rooms, sites, or parking spaces.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts