Our First Attempt at Delux Dining... Will these plans work???

lucyddr

Working Mom of twins!
We finally booked our Disney trip last week! After leaving Florida in 2007, we haven't had an opportunity to return until now and have definitely missed WDW! This will be our first trip where we are NOT Florida residents, so we decided to book the Delux dining package.

As background, we are a professional couple in our 30s. We enjoy nice sit-down meals and don't care much for counter service options. We are not early risers, so prefer later breakfasts. Generally, we have no real interest in lunch (since we just ate anyway)!

We will be flying in on Friday evening, July 30 and will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside for 9 nights. We love that resort and couldn't think of any place we'd rather stay more! (We like the French Quarter theming more, but prefer the quiet pools that are plentiful at Riverside.)

Here's what I have planned with ADR's already made:

Friday: Arrive late, so no meals... Perhaps a snack?
Saturday: Olivias Breakfast 10:05 and Hoop De Do 7:15
Sunday: Crystal Palace 10:20 and Cindarellas 6:40
Monday: Kona Cafe 10:05 and Jiko 7:05
Tuesday: Chef Mickeys 10:10 and Brown Derby 5:35
Wednesday: Princess Breakfast 10:30 and Yachtsman Steakhouse 6:40
Thursday (Our Anniversary): Ohana 10:30 and Narcosees 7:45
Friday:Artist Point 7:00pm
Saturday: Cape May Cafe 9:40 and California Grill 7:50
Sunday: Head Home

This still leaves us with 4 "flexible" meals, which I figure we can use on departure day, Friday morning, and whenever. Does this look reasonable to everyone?

I'm thinking we won't want lunch anyway, since mose of our breakfasts will be near lunch time and we have the snack credits we can use as needed...

Your plan looks good to me. Eating three meals a day is too much. we have done the deluxe plan once and are doing it again in august and that is what we do.

Looks great, this is how we are doing DXDP this year - mainly two meals per day with a few shows and 2TS. Have a fantastic time.

and you're getting in tons of great restaurants.

I know you'll love doing the Deluxe plan this way!

This is going to be our 3rd year on the deluxe plan. We normally have a early lunch instead of breakfast. I think your plan will work out fine. To eat 3 meals a day, is a lot of food--we coudn't do it.:)

Great plan! Not sure how late you arrive on Friday, but you can certainly use a counter service meal once you arrive, even if you just share it. Also you may want to use some snack credits to stock the room with fruit or other snacks.

Your plan looks good. We just returned from using the DxDDP and we had a similar plan as you -- late breakfasts or early lunches and then a late dinner or show. We went to the Spirit of Aloha at Poly and enjoyed that show as well. We also did room service and that was fun -- not sure if that's available at your resort.

We didn't have any problems at all using all of our meal credits. We did have a few snack credits left that we used for microwave popcorn to take home with us. All in all, we loved the DxDDP and would definitely do it again. Like you, we enjoy sit-down meals and don't care much for counterservice.

I have an idea for you, maybe. How late are you landing Friday? Citricos has ADR's open until 9:50 on July 30th. That will help with 2 credits.

We always enjoy going to Earl of Sandwich and getting sandwiches to eat at the airport on the last day and having a late breakfast last year we did 1900 park fare this year we are going to do Chef Mickeys

How late does your flight leave on your final day...? You could try to get an ADR for a late breakfast somewhere- and be sure use up your snack credits and stock up on some munchies for your flight home...

BTW- Have a happy anniversary!!:lovestruc

I have an idea for you, maybe. How late are you landing Friday? Citricos has ADR's open until 9:50 on July 30th. That will help with 2 credits.

Our flight arrives at 8:00pm, so it may be possible though might push it a little. I was thinking we might hear the piano dude at the resort and enjoy some drinks/snacks.

How late does your flight leave on your final day...? You could try to get an ADR for a late breakfast somewhere- and be sure use up your snack credits and stock up on some munchies for your flight home...

BTW- Have a happy anniversary!!:lovestruc

I think we leave around 3, so I was thinking about having breakfast...just haven't decided where yet. I was considering Planet Hollywood or somewhere in DTD. I just can't decide yet... It's so hard with so many choices!
Thanks everyone!

We always enjoy going to Earl of Sandwich and getting sandwiches to eat at the airport on the last day and having a late breakfast last year we did 1900 park fare this year we are going to do Chef Mickeys

Great suggestion about Earl of Sandwich! I will definitely do that on my last day before heading home. Right after one last visit to Goofy's Candy Co ;)

We are also doing the Deluxe plan and have it planned very similarly to yours OP. 2 meals a day, (some days a breakfast and a dinner, other times a lunch and a dinner) with Hoop De Doo and some signatures thrown in. On our Epcot Day we plan to indulge in the F&W offerings and only have a dinner at O'hana planned.

The DxDP is great when used like this IMO. So many credits to do as you wish!

We did the breakfast/dinner thing on our last trip with DxDDP, and it worked very well for us. If we got the munchies early afternoon, we used snack credits (besides, at WDW, a Mickey bar can count as lunch, right?).

The only suggestion I would make is to include Tusker House for breakfast if you are going to AK. IMHO, it is the best breakfast buffet, period. We will not be returning to either 1900 PF or Chef Mickeys, but Tusker House is always on our must do list.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter