Our Favorite and Least Favorite Restaurants This Trip

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
Favorites:
The Wave--We had already tried The Wave for breakfast, and it was amazing so we thought we would try dinner this time. All I can say is WOW!!! I had the filet, and my DH had the pork tenderloin. It was by far our favorite meal the whole trip.

Homecoming'--This was our last meal of the trip, and we will definitely be back in the future. We split the Fried Green Tomatoes and the Chicken and Donuts. Both were amazing. We did think the chicken was a little on the small side, but we still left completely full. We also liked the atmosphere of sitting on the screened-in porch.

Least Favorite:
Jiko--We had been wanting to try this restaurant for years. We were completely disappointed. The only thing we enjoyed was the wild boar tenderloin appetizer. My filet was dry and tough. My DH's strip loin was gristly. The macaroni and cheese was odd-tasting. We won't be back.

Thanks for you reviews. Having eaten at 2 of the places I would have reversed Jiko (always had a good experience) and Homecoming (being here in Kansas City we have Strouds and they really know how to do chicken).

We ate Christmas dinner at The Wave about 7 years ago, the food was amazing but the only this missing IMHO is a view. We eat at Narcoosee's now for Christmas day dinner, which has equally good food but with a lovely view over the Seven Seas Lagoon, and we eat at dusk so watch the lighting up of the castle from our table.

I'd love to go to Homecomin' but I tend to avoid Disney Springs, is it worth the crowds? Somehow, the mass of people at Disney Springs bothers me more than any body of people in any of the parks. Feels more like a mob and leaves me fearing for my kids getting misplaced.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Jiko. On our Sept 2016 trip it was by far our favorite restaurant.

Great reviews!! My DH and I had a very bad meal at Jiko years ago, such much so we will never go back, so I feel your pain.

Loved Homecomin' (club sandwich and mac-n-cheese are outstanding). Jiko for dinner (once was enough). May have to try the Wave.

I have had some disappointing meals at Jiko the last couple of times over the last couple of years, after finding it outstanding in previous years. To be honest, alot if was the overall experience and how I was treated by the wait staff. I enjoyed the food always alot but I was made to feel uncomfortable by rudeness and carelessness the last several times by the wait staff, so I finally said, no more and will be skipping it for a while.

I have very rarely had these sort of negative experiences in eateries, in Disney and elsewhere, but Jiko is unfortunately one place that has now become a repeat offender for me, along with a couple of Disney Springs places, too. I eat at many, many places in Disney on my trips, so of course, they can't all be a 10 out of 10, so it's understandable. I can forgive mediocre food more than issues with service and professionalism, though.

There are a few Disney places that may not have the greatest food, for instance, but due to other factors, like ambiance, theming, great wait-staff, and pixie dust, end up putting them considerably ahead of even certain more expensive ones like Jiko.

I will return to Jiko at some point but not on my next trip.

I'd love to go to Homecomin' but I tend to avoid Disney Springs, is it worth the crowds? Somehow, the mass of people at Disney Springs bothers me more than any body of people in any of the parks. Feels more like a mob and leaves me fearing for my kids getting misplaced.
We never go to Disney Springs at night. We like to avoid crowds, so we always go during the day and have lunch there.

Thanks for the reviews! We will be trying Homecomin' for lunch on our arrival day this summer. It was the call of the fried green tomato that drew me in. Glad it was a good experience!

Favorites:
The Wave--We had already tried The Wave for breakfast, and it was amazing so we thought we would try dinner this time. All I can say is WOW!!! I had the filet, and my DH had the pork tenderloin. It was by far our favorite meal the whole trip.

Homecoming'--This was our last meal of the trip, and we will definitely be back in the future. We split the Fried Green Tomatoes and the Chicken and Donuts. Both were amazing. We did think the chicken was a little on the small side, but we still left completely full. We also liked the atmosphere of sitting on the screened-in porch.

Least Favorite:
Jiko--We had been wanting to try this restaurant for years. We were completely disappointed. The only thing we enjoyed was the wild boar tenderloin appetizer. My filet was dry and tough. My DH's strip loin was gristly. The macaroni and cheese was odd-tasting. We won't be back.
We ate at Jiko twice during our trip last year, while overall we had a good experience and enjoyed the food, one exception was the filet I ordered. It was like eating a piece of rag.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!