Our dining schedule

DD2Disney

<font color=blue>Now if I could just make money fo
This is our second trip to WDW. Our last trip the only PS we ended up at was Crystal Palace. We love CP, for the characters. This trip since we are treating DMIL and we are kind of making up for last time (DS was really sick...missed a lot that we wanted to do). I made more PS's and plans. If nothing is listed we are just planning on food court or counter service. Here they are:

NOV 30th arrive at MCO 1:15pm
we are staying at Pop Century. We will just check out the food court for dinner for the 4 of us. Than DH and I are off to MVMCP.

DEC 1st Epcot day:
CP package at Lecellier for 5:10pm & 8:15 showing of CP.
I am very excited about trying Lecellier. I want to try that cheese soup i keep hearing about.

DEC 2nd Magic Kingdom day:
7:10 pm Chef Mickeys
Chef Mickey's was the first recommendation I ever got (before I found the DIS). I was very sad when we had to cancel it on our last trip.

DEC 3rd No park day
We will have a down morning. We have a PS for Planet Hollywood for 1:00pm Then we will check out DTD. Then check out the Boardwalk that evening.

DEC 4th MGM Day
We will be going out of the park to ESPN for lunch this day. We enjoyed it on our last trip.

DEC 5th No Park Day
10:30am Ps for our very first character breakfast. At Cape May Cafe. I am really excited for this. We will be out shopping this day. Hopefully checking out the outlet malls, a favorite activity of both DMIL and mine. Poor DH.
We want to check out Jungle Jim's for dinner. DH is a big hamburger fan...looks like a neat place.

DEC 6th Animal Kingdom/Nightime open

2:40ps for Whispering Canyon Another recommendation I got from before the DIS.

So, did I plan too much?? Should I have left more open?? I really only planned one a day more or less. I welcome critique...However we have really simple tastes :)

Tricia

Sounds great to me, especially Le Cellier!! I would personally rather go to House of Blues than Planet Hollywood because of the food at HOB and the noise level at PH. If you like the atmosphere at Jungle Jim's, you'd love the Rainforest Cafe. I LOVE their food and the themeing is the best. Hope you have a great time!!::yes::

I would skip Planet Hollywood (blech!) and get a good meal at either Bongo's or Wolfgang Pucks.

Anne

I am stressing a little about Planet Hollywood now. I did all this planning pretty much myself. But Planet Hollywood was suggested by DH and seconded by DMIL....Maybe I just need to show them all the bad reviews. I did read lots of bad ones, but figured we could'nt go too wrong with burgers for lunch.

Ciera321 We liked RFC (went to the one in MA). I am just not sure how my DS (3) will react to the animals. He is hit and miss on what he is scared of lately.

Thanks for the replies.

Tricia

DD2Disney Our son is the same way. He didn'y like the thunder much, but did like the animals. He's older now and LOVES to go there. As for Planet Hollywood, I don't dislike the food, but you have to scream at each other to be heard in there. I understand about your DH suggesting a place and not wanting to overrule it.... I do LOVE Wolfgang's, too!! You'll be fine whatever you decide!!::yes::

MGM...We will be going out of the park to ESPN for lunch this day.

Priority seatings aren't available for this restaurant, correct? Did you have any problem getting a table for lunch?

I think the prices are high for the quality of the food, but all the memorabilia is wonderful.

We opted NOT to eat here, but you can still go in and wander around. To me, that is the best part of Planet Hollywood. I also agree with the Rainforest as kids (5 or 6 & up) seem to LOVE this place.

You really can't go too wrong for just hamburgers though. And since DH & DMIL seem to WANT to go, it might be best to stick with the plan & honor their request.

Remember: It's WDW -- family matters -- enjoy!

I would also nix the Planet Hollywood. I have not eaten at the DTD one but I have eaten at one in NYC and as it's a chain place I think they are all about the same as far as what they serve?

It was your standard burger fare like you can get at Friday's, Bennigan's or other places like that ... it was "good" as in not bad / unedible but there are so many other more unusual choices!

WDWO

I have to defend myself :) lol

I did not "suggest" Planet Hollywood. When we were going over the list of restaurants in that area I said something like "we could go there I guess, I'm sure I could find something on their menu I will eat." (I am a very fussy eater, which George Carlin says is just another way of saying Big Pain in the Butt).
My mother said "that sounds fine."

That's hardly a ringing endorsement ;)

That sounds good to me. We have a lot of the same choices, although I have gone for Rainforest Cafe instead of PH. My kids are 1, 3 and 5 and love it there.
Have fun,
Claire

We've had burgers at RFC in DTD many times & they are great! Not to mention huge! We finally started ordering 1 to split (and, yes, we do eat quite a bit! ;) ), and then splitting the free chicken pita quesadillas that we get from our RFC Safari Card! Plenty of food, and we leave stuffed!! I think this is your better option.

Thank you all for the comments. I am pretty sure we will drop Planet Hollywood now. We will probably go to RFC. Or perhaps something offsite. You've been a great help.

Thanks,
Tricia

Sounds good. Planet Hollywood is always controversial, but its always worth doing once, in my opinion!

The only comment I would make is about your PS for WCC at 2.40pm. We had a PS at a similar time last year (2.15pm I believe). This is fine if you dont mind dining in an empty restaurant! The thing we were looking forward to about WCC was all the cool stuff the servers do. Our guy was great, but we felt he was limited to what pranks he could do! There were no other diners to interact with, so it all fell a bit flat (although the meal was fine). We popped over to MK on the boat and returned about 7pm...well, the place was heaving! All sorts was going on and it looked like a blast...we wished we had made a dinner reservation instead!

If you want a nice quiet meal stick with your late lunch ressie, but if you are hoping for the "antics" that WCC is famous for, then I would suggest either an earlier lunch PS or a dinner PS instead.

Have fun!

I thought your schedule looks pretty good, but also wondered about the 2:40 PS at WC on your last day. Will you actually leave AK to go for lunch and then where are you going to be for your last night? What if you had dinner somewhere on your last night, whether it's WC or not?

Thank you Allie5 and Disney Dreamin. I had'nt thought about WCC being empty in the middle of the day. My reasoning for that time frame was. We are splitting this day in between AK and either MK or Epcot. Since I didn't know exactly when we would be done I got that time. LOL now i am second guessing everything. Maybe we will just do counter service for lunch and try for a dinner in either Epcot or MK, wherever we decide.

Thanks,
Tricia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter