OT: Pinpics primer v2

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
;)

I thought I would briefly go over the Pinpics Trade Assistant for those who may wish to venture out in the on-line pin trading world. :hippie:

There are various ways to set up trades. Just for ease I will tell you how I do it. Then once you get more familar you will see what you feel most comfortable doing.

I pull up either my "wants" or "trades". I see a pin I want, or one that I would like to trade, and click on the link.

At the top is a photo of the pin. Under, "Trade Assistant" you can select, "What could I trade to get this pin?" or "What could I get for trading this pin?" (Depending on if you went into you wants or trades.)
Your wants = select what could I trade to get
Your traders = select what could I get for trading

By selecting one of those links a list of pins you either want or are willing to trade will populate.

To me the hardest part is trying to come up with an equitable trade. If you are like me, you will offer what you think is a fair trade only to be insulting someone. Or, you think someone would have a high value on their pin, and they absolutely do not. Some judge their pins by efforts to get it, some by price, availability, etc.

I also open a second Pinpics window and try to find a pin that will be close in edition size, money, desirability, etc. As close as I can anyway.
I also ask myself would I make this trade if I were them, or would I make this trade if I was face to face with the trader?
One suggestion is not to offer a rack pin (open edition) for someone's limited edition pin. But again that is just a rule of thumb, as there are harder to find rack pins than some LEs. So that is when judging by desirability helps.
That being said, people seem to buy LEs thinking they are high traders, and do not buy near as many rack pins. Then the rack pins have a higher desirability than LEs.
Very hard judgment call, and you just do the best you can and try to be fair.

Say I select a pin and submit it for Trade Assistant, the TA e-mail will automatically be sent the following morning. I can change my mind between the selection and say midnight. I can view the trade by clicking on "My Pinpics" on the left side of the Pinpics screen. Then select "Click here to view your current pending trade requests".

That will show the person(s) receiving your trade. (There is often the same trade request going to various people.) Click on the request to view it.
If you wish you can delete one or all of the requests. Just check mark in the box and Delete Checked Requests.

Pinpics and on-line trading is intimidating at first. And you will offer lopsided trades, either in your favor or theirs. It goes with the learning process.

I receive TA requests and I "try" to answer them. I admit sometimes they are SO lopsided I just :sad2: and delete the e-mail. I did not use to. But sometimes they are ridiculous, and plentiful. (Sure, I will trade a 4 pin low LE set for one cheap pin... :rolleyes: )
I say I try to reply to all because sometimes I consider the trade and then just forget about it. :dance3: So I have learned if I have to think about it, I probably really don't care to make the trade afterall.
There have been times I "really" wanted a pin and offered lopsided trades in the other person's favor. Yes, that way I know I will get the pin I want. Sometimes you may get what you think is the better end of a trade. Sometimes it is the other way around. Most of the time it is pretty even.

HTH :teacher: Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter