Orlando Sentinel Article about ticket price increase

I have my voucher I bought last August 5th for $313.77 in the drawer and the price increased by $20.23 last year to $334.00, so I would expect Sunday's new price to be around $355.00 BEFORE taxes with the DVC discount.

Another price increase :confused3. I hope Disney understands that continually raising ticket and resort prices will raise guest expectations. You think guests expect a lot now wait until after this and future price increases.

This makes me even more happy that we bought DVC :love:.

Another price increase :confused3. I hope Disney understands that continually raising ticket and resort prices will raise guest expectations. You think guests expect a lot now wait until after this and future price increases.

This makes me even more happy that we bought DVC :love:.
Prices go up just about every year. Sometimes twice in one year although that's rare.

I don't think there is any effect on expectations, personally. Those are already pretty high for people going to WDW.

I checked my ticket "inventory." We have 10 day park hopper no expiration tickets. They were $342.47 a few years ago, 2004 prices I believe. Then went to $374 in 2005 and then the current $412 from August, 2006. (These are all from discount ticket brokers, not std WDW prices and all are with tax.) The next price increase in 2007 (tomorrow) will bring that same ticket to about $450 (my estimate with the elimination of the advance purchase discount in addition to the actual price increase.)
Those are huge increases, IMHO. I don't think my expectations of Disney have risen as fast, if at all.

I think that folks think they are high when compared to the "Universal" Deals they see. Trust me the day Harry Potter opens Universal goes RIGHT BACK UP to full price LOL!

I compared the cost of a day at Disney to a day at Six Flags. About the same for a park where at last check no one was nearly beat to death in the parking lot while Six Flags security and management did NADA!.... I am going to Disney LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter