Order of bus stops at Saratoga Springs

Realgrumpy

DIS Veteran
Is there an order to what unit is picked up first? Also same question with drop-off. Does anybody know the bus route?

The regular route for busses to the parks and Blizzard Beach and returning to SSR is this:

1. Grandstand
2. Carousel
3. Paddocks
4. Congress Park
5. Springs

The route to Downtown Disney and Typhoon Lagoon is slightly different:

1. Springs
2. Grandstand
3. Carousel
4. Paddocks
5. Congress Park

If you are staying at The Springs, how far is it to walk to a bus stop at the Grandstand?

It depends on what section of The Springs you're in, but from the lobby, it takes about 5- 7 minutes medium speed walk to get The Grandstand. The route is basically from the lobby walk out to the Bell Services/ME drop off area, head to the left on the side walk where it curves down toward Turf Club but instead keep going downward, turn left again crossing over the golf course cart path in to The Grandstand area toward the pool, after passing the pool, you come to the last building on the right and the parking lot on the left and the bus stop is just ahead at the front of that area. We stayed in The Grandstand area and headed to The Springs when we missed a bus once at our stop. We had plenty of time between the bus making rounds to the other stops, but we also got a ride from one of the Bell Hops that night. Depending on the time of year you're going, the buses might not be too crowded if that is your concern. We went in May and the buses were never jammed full except for maybe twice at night coming back from MK. Leaving for the parks was never as bad as it was coming back though. Jope this helps some. If you could find the map of SSR, this description would be so much easier to understand :goodvibes !

Here is a map with walking distances. Depending on where you are in the Springs, you could also go to the Carousel stop or even to the Paddocks.

SSRmap_enhanced-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is a map with walking distances. Depending on where you are in the Springs, you could also go to the Carousel stop or even to the Paddocks.

[/IMG]

Vandy!! Hi :-)

I am going to have to google and see if I can find this pic! We are staying at SSR in 8 days! Please tell me what your favorite section is and why :-)

We are not going to have a car & this will be my first trip without a vehicle! So any and all info would be appreciated!!! :-) Thanks!

Btw...your name doesn't have to do with vanderbilt does it? I'm a huge Vandy fan!

I am going to have to google and see if I can find this pic! We are staying at SSR in 8 days! Please tell me what your favorite section is and why :-)

We are not going to have a car & this will be my first trip without a vehicle! So any and all info would be appreciated!!! :-) Thanks!

Btw...your name doesn't have to do with vanderbilt does it? I'm a huge Vandy fan!

try this link. It'll show you a couple different things....http://www.disboards.com/threads/dv...-room-info-floor-plans.3434753/#post-54156387

Springs is the closest bldg. to the main stuff, & Congress Park is the closest to DS's. A leisurely walk over the bridge..

Have a great trip.

Our favorite section depends on how many in our family are going, if we doing a lot of park time or leisure time and also the time of year. Generally speaking, I would say right now my favorite section would be Congress Park but followed very closely by Grandstand, due to their close proximity to the main area. Congress Park is very relaxing and I like it when we have a view across the lake to Disney Springs. It is also an easy walk to DS should you choose to do so.

The Springs is the closest to the main area/pool but it is also the last bus stop, so depending on the time of year and time of day, you could find yourself waiting for the next one. There have been several times the bus would already be full and not stop. If it is just the two of us then we typically choose the Springs because we are usually on a more leisurely vacation and don't do that much in the parks. If you are heading to the parks early in the morning with everyone else, be prepared to wait for a bus or two. At the end of a long day in the parks, the Springs is also the last stop.

So if we are doing a larger family trip and doing a lot of parks, I like the Grandstand area simply because it is the first bus stop both going to the parks and coming back. If you request next to the pool and bus stop, then those two buildings are a short walk to the main area.

The Paddocks and Carousel sections are fine and with the expanded Paddocks pool and grill they are a nice alternative to the main area/pool, but I still prefer Congress Park, then Grandstand and then the Springs.

Hey VandyFan...its your friend from FB, Renee P. We just switched to SSR from AoA today so I'm interested in hearing your experiences. We stayed there in 2012 but it was a studio, we are in a 1 bedroom this time. Looks like we will try to request the Springs section because its between two good pools and close to the check in/food area.

As for the bus stops, we will have our own car but may take the bus to MK since it is more direct. Would it be better to jump on at The Springs since its the last stop (won't have to do the resort loop)? Any insight would be appreciated.

Hey VandyFan...its your friend from FB, Renee P. We just switched to SSR from AoA today so I'm interested in hearing your experiences. We stayed there in 2012 but it was a studio, we are in a 1 bedroom this time. Looks like we will try to request the Springs section because its between two good pools and close to the check in/food area.

As for the bus stops, we will have our own car but may take the bus to MK since it is more direct. Would it be better to jump on at The Springs since its the last stop (won't have to do the resort loop)? Any insight would be appreciated.
Be forewarned, depending on time of year, (how busy it is) & the time of day you'll be traveling to and from the parks, you may get a bus that'll go by you because it being filled up already.....If at Springs, it might make sense to stroll on over to Grandstand & hop on there 1st ( guaranteeing a seat at least)

We were at SSR in June and the buses were filling up but Disney added more buses to the resort and often a second bus was following the full one stopping at the stops the other bus didn't stop at.

Be forewarned, depending on time of year, (how busy it is) & the time of day you'll be traveling to and from the parks, you may get a bus that'll go by you because it being filled up already.....If at Springs, it might make sense to stroll on over to Grandstand & hop on there 1st ( guaranteeing a seat at least)
I wonder if The Paddock would be a good compromise? Earlier than the springs, closer to walk to than Grandstand, and not on bus quite as long?

We were at SSR in June and the buses were filling up but Disney added more buses to the resort and often a second bus was following the full one stopping at the stops the other bus didn't stop at.
That would be nice. We will be there June this year. I wonder if the front desk/concierge would know/could check to see if they are employing this during our trip.

I wonder if The Paddock would be a good compromise? Earlier than the springs, closer to walk to than Grandstand, and not on bus quite as long?
True, this is an excellent option, especially if you're in one of those 2 bldgs, and facing that lil pond between them...Just a short stroll over the bridge & past the Paddock Pool. I forgot that the BUS stop for Grandstand was on the outside ( therefore extending the walk a lil bit.

True, this is an excellent option, especially if you're in one of those 2 bldgs, and facing that lil pond between them...Just a short stroll over the bridge & past the Paddock Pool. I forgot that the BUS stop for Grandstand was on the outside ( therefore extending the walk a lil bit.
We are definitely requesting one of those buildings. Kmfx that we get what we prefer!

Does anybody know why the park buses use the Vacation Club Way entrance while the Disney Springs buses use the Buena Vista Drive entrance? Just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!