Order of ADRs - input please!

smsmsw

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to determine which order I should try and book these reservations for my upcoming 8 night/9 day April trip (Sat - Sun). Most of these reservations will be for 4 people and just a couple for 2 people, using DxDDP for 7 nights (split stay). How does this order sound? Any modifications? I really want the Cali Grill reservations much more than BOG and CRT, which is why I have those first. The times I am hoping for are all spread out, so meals are further apart in the 2 cases of 3 meals in a day. I am not sure how difficult some of these will be....

1. California Grill Brunch - 1st Sun
2. California Grill Dinner - 2nd Sat
3. BOG Dinner - Thurs
4. CRT Breakfast - 2nd Sat
5. Rose & Crown Dinner - Tues
6. Sci Fi Lunch - Weds
7. Beaches and Cream Lunch (still debating this one vs. Coral Reef) - Fri
8. Ohana Dinner - Mon
9. Tusker House Breakfast - Mon
10. Chef Mickey's Breakfast - Fri
11. Coral Reef Lunch (still debating this vs. Beaches and Cream) - Fri
12. Boathouse Dinner - Fri
13. Citrico's Dinner - Weds
14. Jiko Dinner - 1st Sun
15. Whispering Canyon Dinner - 1st Sat
16. Boma Breakfast - Thurs
17. Sanaa Lunch - Thurs
18. Yak and Yeti Lunch - Tues
19. Kona Breakfast - 2nd Sun

I don't have enough experience to comment on your strategy....but can share that I scheduled a BOG day 6 dinner at my 180 days yesterday 6 a.m. It was my first ADR. It only offered me two time choices when I only specified dinner. I took one and, after making a few more reservations, tried to change BOG to a different time...nothing available. Maybe someone can comment on California Grill ADR level of difficulty. Like you, I tried to take priorities in account in addition to difficulty. (Dates earlier in the trip may also be more difficult as more people are scheduling/have scheduled for that date.)

I'd move 7 & 8 up to 5 & 6.

Is there anything where you're picky on time slots? An 8:05 BOG breakfast is much harder to get than a 9:45, for example.

I don't have enough experience to comment on your strategy....but can share that I scheduled a BOG day 6 dinner at my 180 days yesterday 6 a.m. It was my first ADR. It only offered me two time choices when I only specified dinner. I took one and, after making a few more reservations, tried to change BOG to a different time...nothing available. Maybe someone can comment on California Grill ADR level of difficulty. Like you, I tried to take priorities in account in addition to difficulty. (Dates earlier in the trip may also be more difficult as more people are scheduling/have scheduled for that date.)

Thanks for the input, it's crazy how popular some of these are at 180+ and then many really do end up opening up the day or so before!

I'd move 7 & 8 up to 5 & 6.

Is there anything where you're picky on time slots? An 8:05 BOG breakfast is much harder to get than a 9:45, for example.
I think you're right with this suggestion! I'm not planning on any PPO breakfasts because I am sure hours will change and will want that time for rides. However, I do have some specific times I'm hoping for with dinners to time with fireworks.

I would put specific times a little higher on the priority list. After #10, you probably won't run into availability problems (and maybe not new-7 & up, even.)

You've been given some great advice already so I just popped in to say that I'm kinda jealous of your 1st Sunday!

Cali Grill brunch then Jiko for dinner! mmmm!!!

That will be a day to remember for sure!

In my experience Beaches and Cream has been harder to get than BOG! Many, many people book BOG at 180 days out, then cancel later on (as the cancellation thread on here proves), but I've yet to find/see a cancellation for Beaches and Cream during our trips. Only been once and really want to visit again.

I would move BOG to the top of the list. And I would do Beaches and Cream not Coral Reef. Beaches and Cream is a difficult one to get, too, so I would move that one up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter