ORBITZ ?'s

Disney Ron

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
I just priced Orbitz for our Sept. dates with 2 adults and then 2 adults and 2 children and received the same price. Have they fixed the glitch where the 2 children don't get charged as extra people in the room?

Also, if we book with Orbitz, I can call Disney myself to add my Magical Express info and not have to have Orbitz do it, correct?

TIA!

Can't say about the kids on the ressie. DME is it's own thing and you have to book it yourself.

they have fixed the child charge issue, but they just charged me $25 to cancel (said Disney charges which is BS) so beware if your dates aren't set it in stone. That was the first time I was charged and I have used them before.

they have fixed the child charge issue, but they just charged me $25 to cancel (said Disney charges which is BS) so beware if your dates aren't set it in stone. That was the first time I was charged and I have used them before.
I'm pretty sure that there always was a charge to cancel but it came down to if they charged it or not. The charge was Orbitz not WDW.

I'm pretty sure that there always was a charge to cancel but it came down to if they charged it or not. The charge was Orbitz not WDW.

Maybe but I have made and cancelled to change dates plenty of times and never been charged. Found out today after googling that the charge started being implemented after Expedia bought orbitz. The charge states "disneys yacht club" charges $25...implying that disney is charging it and we all know that is false. Unfortunately I often shuffle dates based on flights so I can't use orbitz any longer if they want to charge me for that.

I should have screen shot it and emailed it over.
yes-and the extra person charge at certain resorts - I emailed Orbitz about this - if a room has 2 beds then max occupancy is 4-but if you book a 2 bed room at value they charge for each person per day over 2. They tried to spew some BS that is what Disney sets and charges. Um no. They don't charge extra person fee for 2 adults, 2 kids in a 4 occupancy room. I also cancelled and rebooked a couple times in 2015 without charges. I use Orbitz alot, but told them after that ridiculous email that it is now cheaper to book with Disney direct-especially with an AP and no extra person charge. Orbitz used to be great (stacked coupon codes with no upper $ limit on top of Disney discounts and reward dollars) but not any longer.

yes-and the extra person charge at certain resorts - I emailed Orbitz about this - if a room has 2 beds then max occupancy is 4-but if you book a 2 bed room at value they charge for each person per day over 2. They tried to spew some BS that is what Disney sets and charges. Um no. They don't charge extra person fee for 2 adults, 2 kids in a 4 occupancy room. I also cancelled and rebooked a couple times in 2015 without charges. I use Orbitz alot, but told them after that ridiculous email that it is now cheaper to book with Disney direct-especially with an AP and no extra person charge. Orbitz used to be great (stacked coupon codes with no upper $ limit on top of Disney discounts and reward dollars) but not any longer.

I used an agency elxcusive in 2016, but orbitz in 2015 and 2014. So I guess the change was 2016. I was always able to call and have the kids added free previously. The hassle of calling was worth the savings of stacking the promos but that cancellation fee is absurd. When I have time I will see if I can find something in my acct as proof and send it to Disney so they know orbitz is lying about disney policies.

I wonder what Disney thinks of this lie that Orbitz is spewing.
I found the language in my cancelled contract. I am going to email disney a screen shot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 4.18.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 4.18.21 PM.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 31
I found the language in my cancelled contract. I am going to email disney a screen shot.

UPDATE:
A CM responded and asked for the documentation. I sent the Orbitz PDF of my itinerary showing the $25 fee. He said they will refund me or deduct $25 from our upcoming stay. Hopefully they will address it with Orbitz as well!!

Orbitz charges a cancellation fee for most hotels now. I got an email about that last year. I quit using them because of it.

The problem is not that they charge it, but that they use verbiage that states the wdw resort hotel is charging it. That is why I am angry. We know it isn't true. I have a CM working on it and I will be refunded. Hopefully they will force orbitz to get rid of the fee or state that orbitz is charging it, not disney. As of now it is an outright lie.

But I agree, unless my dates are set in stone, I won't use them anymore due to the fee.

UPDATE:
A CM responded and asked for the documentation. I sent the Orbitz PDF of my itinerary showing the $25 fee. He said they will refund me or deduct $25 from our upcoming stay. Hopefully they will address it with Orbitz as well!!
Good deal!

Two New Codes:

SUMMERFUN15 - $15 off Activities - Was able to get it to take off $15 on a 3-day ticket. Not much but it's something if people don't have other options for saving some money on ticket.

GONOW20 - 20% off

FOr GONOW20 at Orbitz:
Details: Subject To The Restrictions Set Out In These Terms And Conditions, The 20% Promotion Code May Be Applied To A Qualifying Stand-Alone Hotel (Not A Hotel Booking In Combination With Any Other Product Such As Flight + Hotel, Or Flight +Hotel + Car) Booked Online With Orbitz.Com Between July 10, 2017 12:01AM CT And July 23, 2017 11:59PM CT, For 1 Or More Nights For Travel Between July 10, 2017, And December 31, 2017. Qualifying Bookings Instantly Receive 20% Off At Check-Out Through The Use Of The Promotion Code. Customers Are Limited To Two Redemptions Of This Promotion Code And Up To A Maximum Savings Of $150 Per Booking. After Those Two Bookings, This Promo Code Will Not Be Able To Be Used Again, Even If One Or More Of Those Bookings Is Cancelled. Exclusions May Apply And Most Major Hotel Chains Are Excluded. The Promotion Code Cannot Be Redeemed Against Taxes, Supplier Fees, Cancellation Or Change Fees/Penalties, Administrative Fees Or Other Miscellaneous Charges, Which Are The Sole Responsibility Of The Customer. Discounts Are Not Redeemable For Cash For Any Reason. Promotion Codes Are Non-Transferable, Not For Resale, And Cannot Be Combined With Other Offers Or Used For Any Booking Previously Made. Any Attempt At Fraud Will Be Prosecuted To The Fullest Extent Of The Law. Void Where Prohibited, Taxed Or Restricted By Law. Orbitz Reserves The Right To Change Or Limit The Promotion In Its Sole Discretion. Usual Booking Terms And Conditions Apply (See Https://Www.Orbitz.Com/P/Info-Other/Legal.Htm) And All Bookings Are Subject To Availability. « Less

Expires: 07/23/2017

How do you know that Disney does not charge Orbitz a fee? Sure, they don't charge customers who cancel through their website. But Orbitz?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!