"Orange" food ideas for World Cup Party??

Angry Eyes

Mouseketeer
I am having a world cup soccer final match party and we are huge supporters of Holland. The Dutch national team's colors are predominantly orange, their fans are always outrageous in their orange. Their flag is red, white and blue, but typically it's the orange that is the color of choice for the dutch supporters.

In our invitation we asked everyone to bring a dish to share that was either orange in color and/or taste. Seemed like a fun idea at the time however, I am now trying to come up with several appetizers and desserts that are orange and they are just not coming to me. I lived in Holland for several months and I plan to include some other tradionally Dutch items that are not orange but if you have any creative recipes that are orange in flavor or color, I would be very appreciative. Thanks and GO HOLLAND!

Off the top of my head...

Appetizer Ideas:
Cheddar Cheese and Crackers
Carrot & Radish Salad (at myrecipes website)

Dessert Ideas:
Carrot Cake (Cupcakes or sheet cake and ice like the country's flag)
Carrot Cookies (at allrecipes website)
Carrot Pie (at allrecipes website)
Fruit Tart (using Mandarin Oranges and Cantaloupe for the fruit on top)

Have a great party!

You could do cold carrot soup in small glasses. How about a dessert triffle with peaches, oranges and mangos instead of berries.

Thank you for your suggestions, we had a great celebration even though the outcome of the game was not what we hoped for. I appreciate you assistance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter