Opening day of Food ad Wine

tinkintraining

Earning My Ears
Hi. Now that they have started bringing the dates forward for Food and Wine we are fortunate enough to be there to catch it this year. My query though is should I avoid the opening day? It’s obviously a Thursday and usually best advice is to avoid weekends but we head home the Monday so it’s either weekend or opening day. Any insight as to best day to go - has anyone ever been there opening day?

Yes, we went on opening day last year and will be there on opening day again this year (since we leave on a cruise the next day). It will be busy but much more manageable than the weekend (since it is Labor Day weekend too)

We went on opening day in 2012 as food and wine started on our last day at disney, sorry I know its a while back! We found it to be OK crowd wise but we also happened to be at epcot the afternoon before the festival started and they had a soft opening for the festival the day before it officially started and its was really nice and quiet! I don't know if that happens every year though.

Yes, we went on opening day last year and will be there on opening day again this year (since we leave on a cruise the next day). It will be busy but much more manageable than the weekend (since it is Labor Day weekend too)

Great advice. Hadn’t considered Labour Day. Enjoy your cruise, we will have just come off from ours

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!