ADR System Upgrade - History

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great to hear that it seems to be working well for the TA's! I wonder how long until the site is available for the general public to use.

I call in for my ADRs on 5/25 (2 weeks from today) and it would be so nice if I didn't have to talk to anyone right at 7AM - I can be kind of a crabby witch that early in the morning! :rotfl:

OHHHH....would this not be delightful.....I am right there with you on crabby at 7.am......since I will be on nights the day before and will only have had a couple of hours sleep before I need to call!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl::rotfl:

That is an interesting thought...at what time of day will you be able to begin making online ADRs for 90 days out? Will it still be 7am ET? Midnight ET?

That is an interesting thought...at what time of day will you be able to begin making online ADRs for 90 days out? Will it still be 7am ET? Midnight ET?

Well there's a potential upside I hadn't thought of with online ADRs... Midnight would be much better than 7am for this night owl!

Just wanted to let you all know TA's can now make dining reservations online now..It's on our site!!!! So hopefully soon it will be available to everyone else shortly.:goodvibes

Just wanted to let you all know TA's can now make dining reservations online now..It's on our site!!!! So hopefully soon it will be available to everyone else shortly.:goodvibes

Yes the link is there, has been since this morning, but when you go in and actually choose a restaurant it says that the online booking is not yet available and to call in.

Yes the link is there, has been since this morning, but when you go in and actually choose a restaurant it says that the online booking is not yet available and to call in.

It's kind of been in different stages of working all day. It appears to be working now, I just successfully made some ressies.:cool1:

Can someone post a link to where I can make on-line reservations because I can't find it on the WDW site!! Thanks
Debsx:goodvibes

I just called from UK to make some ADRs. I was only on hold for 2 - 3 minutes but the whole process took 1 hour 4 minutes to make 9 ADRs! ! I'm so glad I found a cheap phone service! :rotfl: The computer was working really slowly and then it just crashed so we had to start again. Then it was taking forever and the poor CM was so apologetic but it just refused to let her make any reservations and she was really exasperated with it which is understandable if you're doing that all day! Finally she passed me to another CM and we started all over again! So, as far as the online system goes - I'm not holding my breath!! ;)

Can someone post a link to where I can make on-line reservations because I can't find it on the WDW site!! Thanks
Debsx:goodvibes

You can't yet. It's only been released on the TA site. No word on when they'll put it on the wdw site yet. I assume they're working out all the kinks with the agents first. It's working great now!

For TA's
What time on the 90 day mark can you start to make the reservations, is it 12:01am on the 90 out day or still 7:00EST?
Thanks,
Christine

For TA's
What time on the 90 day mark can you start to make the reservations, is it 12:01am on the 90 out day or still 7:00EST?
Thanks,
Christine

I did not see any times listed on there for us at all for when we can make the reservations other than 90 days.

3"Mouse"keteers;31776878 said:
I would assume it would be 12:01 am then, since the phone adrs are 7am due to that's when they open.

I was just thinking..... if they make it 12:01AM, then by the time WDW-DINE # opens, most of the popular ones will be booked by 7AM.

The TA site routinely goes down for maintenance every day at 2am, if not sooner and its down for several hours. The new dining system is unlikely to run 24 hours with a new day at midnight.

It is 1:31am here now, and the system is still running (surprisingly enough!) I tried to make an ADR for August 10, but it would only go through the 9th--that means the system is not recognizing the new day at midnight. This is typical for the reservation system too--if we book something at WDW after midnight it shows the deposit due in 6 days, not 7. DCL flips to the new day at midnight.

FWIW.

A quick question for the TAs out there: Just out of interest, what's the FIRST available date you can book online, as of now? When "a la carte" was first launched, they had only loaded restaurant dates from 26th May onwards for a gradual swap-over until the old system became obsolete. Have they now loaded all the dates before then too? I know it won't matter in two weeks' time, but just curious.

Andre

I have a feeling out of fairness to the Internet-impaired, the date rollover will be at 7am ET. Unless, of course, they didn't THINK of that...

I'm sure we'll have plenty of volunteers that will test it out :)

A quick question for the TAs out there: Just out of interest, what's the FIRST available date you can book online, as of now? When "a la carte" was first launched, they had only loaded restaurant dates from 26th May onwards for a gradual swap-over until the old system became obsolete. Have they now loaded all the dates before then too? I know it won't matter in two weeks' time, but just curious.

Andre

You can book online for all restaurants, except cinderella's castle, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Alberts from May 26th and on. The 3 restaurants mentioned are showing up for June 20th and later, which is when they moved into the new system.

I am excited to find out when the general public will be able to reserve! My adr date won't be until august some time. I selfishly hope it will be available to us then!

I just called from UK to make some ADRs. I was only on hold for 2 - 3 minutes but the whole process took 1 hour 4 minutes to make 9 ADRs! ! I'm so glad I found a cheap phone service! :rotfl: The computer was working really slowly and then it just crashed so we had to start again. Then it was taking forever and the poor CM was so apologetic but it just refused to let her make any reservations and she was really exasperated with it which is understandable if you're doing that all day! Finally she passed me to another CM and we started all over again! So, as far as the online system goes - I'm not holding my breath!! ;)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter