Online Check-In Now Available on MDE App...Interesting Room Request Options

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
So I saw this reported on a few Disney blogs today but don't think I've seen it yet around here. The latest update to the app has an "online check-in" option. I've been playing around and it appears to be the same as what's available on the website, just within the app itself. Nothing particularly exciting.

What is new/different/interesting is the "Room Location Request" options. The options available at the moment are quite a bit more substantial than the web version, and frankly likely to cause a lot of confusion!

My reservation is at CR, so not sure if these would be the same for other resorts... but here's what I have to choose from:

None
Guest Requests Balcony
Connecting Rooms Preferred - Not Guaranteed
Ground Floor Requested - Not Guaranteed
Connecting Rooms Guaranteed for Families
Guaranteed Ground Floor - Medical Reasons
Guaranteed King Bed
Guest Requests Higher Floor
Near Transportation Preferred
Guest Requests Connecting Rooms - Not Guaranteed
Guest Requests First Floor
Guaranteed Connecting Rooms

As with the web version, you can make two requests.

Curious to hear what others have to say but some of these seem way off from reality... especially things like guranteed king beds and connecting rooms. Those are very misleading IMHO.

Thoughts?

Disney IT at its best I guess!

Where on the app do you see check-in? I just looked at my reservation on my app, and didn't say anything about online check-in. I'm curious about it!

You can do online check in 60 days or less prior to your trip. So in order for you to see it today you would have to be arriving at Disney on September 27th.

Just realized I didn't have the most recent update to the app installed, but after doing the update, now it shows "Check-in Info Received" since I already completed online check in through the web site.

It doesn't appear that you can modify online check in through the app. I was hoping to play around with the new feature.

Yes, the app just had a new release yesterday, at least for Apple. Not sure about other platforms. I had to update the app for this feature to kick in.

I just went into the app and I am checking in on nov 27 for one resort and November 30 for another. I see 'start your check-in'-62 days for the first and 'start your check-in'-65 days for the other.,. This is clearly wrong since November is way more than 62 days.

I just went into the app and I am checking in on nov 27 for one resort and November 30 for another. I see 'start your check-in'-62 days for the first and 'start your check-in'-65 days for the other.,. This is clearly wrong since November is way more than 62 days.

The 65 and 62 days are when you can check-in, not when you arrive. You can check in online 60 days before your arrival day, so it's not wrong.

The 65 and 62 days are when you can check-in, not when you arrive. You can check in online 60 days before your arrival day, so it's not wrong.
Oh....I see .... Those are the number of days left before I CAN check in....makes sense....thanks! Helpful for keeping track of when I can make FP+

Thanks

So I saw this reported on a few Disney blogs today but don't think I've seen it yet around here. The latest update to the app has an "online check-in" option. I've been playing around and it appears to be the same as what's available on the website, just within the app itself. Nothing particularly exciting.

What is new/different/interesting is the "Room Location Request" options. The options available at the moment are quite a bit more substantial than the web version, and frankly likely to cause a lot of confusion!

My reservation is at CR, so not sure if these would be the same for other resorts... but here's what I have to choose from:

None
Guest Requests Balcony
Connecting Rooms Preferred - Not Guaranteed
Ground Floor Requested - Not Guaranteed
Connecting Rooms Guaranteed for Families
Guaranteed Ground Floor - Medical Reasons
Guaranteed King Bed
Guest Requests Higher Floor
Near Transportation Preferred
Guest Requests Connecting Rooms - Not Guaranteed
Guest Requests First Floor
Guaranteed Connecting Rooms

As with the web version, you can make two requests.

Curious to hear what others have to say but some of these seem way off from reality... especially things like guranteed king beds and connecting rooms. Those are very misleading IMHO.

Thoughts?

Disney IT at its best I guess!

I get to start check in for Fort Wilderness Campground in 9 days, I wonder what my check-in options will be? Think I'll request ground floor LOL

I got the update on my iOS on July 24. I was hoping to get to see the options for our stay next month but I'd already completed online check on on the website and I guess once you complete it you can't see it on the app so I don't see what it's offering.

The only thing I can guess is they are giving these choices as they are making these choices now. Maybe they've made some changes to their systems with the new updates they've made lately. You know the ones that took the system down for a week?

Just realized I didn't have the most recent update to the app installed, but after doing the update, now it shows "Check-in Info Received" since I already completed online check in through the web site.

It doesn't appear that you can modify online check in through the app. I was hoping to play around with the new feature.
I'm having the same problem which is frustrating because MDE on my computer won't let me select two room requests. Or, I guess I should say it won't save my two room requests. It's letting me request ground floor, but not also corner room. It's just saving my first request. I was hoping the app would let me save two.

FWIW, my personal recomendation on room requests is to do them via calling Disney and having them noted on your reservation. I'm not a fan of what has been available on the web version for online check-in (limited choices, some not even relevant to your resort) and this doesn't appear to be much better/different in the app.

If room requests are super critical to you, I'd definitely call.

I do online check-in, but I leave the room request options blank.

I got the prompt to update today. I already did online check in so I can't see choices either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter