Online check-in at Hilton Head?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Online check-in at Hilton Head? I noticed that I had this option when I went and looked at my reservation at POR for next year. Didn't realize you could "skip the front desk" there?

To my understanding, Hilton Head was getting flack for not having it because people were use to Online check-in at resorts at WDW.
You can check-in online up to 10 days ahead of arrival same as WDW when you arrive, simply head to the Online Check-In Desk, where your Welcome Folder and Key to the World card will be waiting. Show your valid photo I.D., complete your check-in and you’re on your way!

To my understanding, Hilton Head was getting flack for not having it because people were use to Online check-in at resorts at WDW.
You can check-in online up to 10 days ahead of arrival same as WDW when you arrive, simply head to the Online Check-In Desk, where your Welcome Folder and Key to the World card will be waiting. Show your valid photo I.D., complete your check-in and you’re on your way!
10 days? We go in September.

Yea, 10 days for HHI. So what ever your check-in date is 10 days prior you should be able to check-in online.

Yea, 10 days for HHI. So what ever your check-in date is 10 days prior you should be able to check-in online.
I am going to go try it and see if it really works, like I said I go in September. I will report back.

Yep, did it. Requested upper floor. Put a card on file. But how in the world am I going to skip the desk, when I need a Key To The World card to get into my room?:confused:

There's an online check-in desk at the front desk. So it's not really skipping the desk, just should make the process faster.
Also September for check-in but it let you do it...maybe they've extended it to 60 days to match the rest of the resorts.

Yep, did it. Requested upper floor. Put a card on file. But how in the world am I going to skip the desk, when I need a Key To The World card to get into my room?:confused:

We have an August reservation and it says we can't check-in until 10 days before.

Last edited:
P
There's an online check-in desk at the front desk. So it's not really skipping the desk, just should make the process faster.
Also September for check-in but it let you do it...maybe they've extended it to 60 days to match the rest of the resorts.
Perhaps so.

For my last HHI reservation, they offered me Magical Express!
I never do on-line check in at HHI-the CMs are so nice, interacting with them at the front desk is part of the great experience.

I was just there in May and online check in was only 10 days prior. Both our visits, I've never seen a line, and since you can't skip the front desk anyway, I couldn't see the purpose of doing online check in.
I agree with above poster that the desk CM are so friendly it's not a drag to stop in there. Plus, if it's campfire night you can get a s'mores fastpass from them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter