Leinzlove

Earning My Ears
One MONTH at WDW 2018 & 10 days @ WDW 2019! 2 Adults, children 7,5,3,1.

June 5: We arrive at the Grand Floridian, Reservation in evening @1900 Park Fare for Dinner, then Fireworks from Dock

June 6: Spend some time after checkout at the Grand Floridian Pool. Take the monorail to MK to activate those Annual Passes and add Tables of Wonderland.

June 6 - July 4: Caribbean Beach Resort

July 4 - July 5: The Contemporary Tower Theme Park View Room, Breakfast at 740am Chef Mickey's, then 3 FP at MK, back to resort for check in.

Planning next trip for May 27, 2019 - June 5, 2019

Using those APs.

ORIGINAL TRIP PLANS ALL CHANGED LOL

Hello, I'm new to the DISBOARDS but have been watching youtube videos non stop.

We are doing WDW for an ENTIRE MONTH!! We are so excited!

Some say we are crazy but we say... We are taking the family dream vacation.
We are a family of 6 (2 adults, 3 children ages 3-9, and one infant.)

June 5: We arrive at Yacht Club and have a Club level room.

June 6-June 20: We are booked at Port Orleans Riverside in a Standard room. We have booked several ADRs booked with the Disney Dining Plan. 10 park days (4 MK, 2 AK, 2 Epcot, 1 HWS... and an anything goes yet to be determined park day.)

We have it planned where we rope drop, break back to hotel, then evenings in the park. Late nights coordinated with later starting days. Right now we are working on Fast Pass planning so we are ready to secure them 60 days out.

June 20-June 27 We are booked at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We have no park tickets for this stay. However, have opted for Water Park Season tickets and plan on visiting resorts, The Boardwalk, Disney Springs and making this a more relaxed time. No Dining plan, but we are having groceries delivered.

June 27- June 28 We are booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Savannah View, 1 bedroom Villa. Here we plan on enjoying our room and doing laundry, as well as cooking a real meal.

June 28-July 4 We are booked back at Port Orleans Riverside in Standard View

We will have June 30, 2018 at Hollywood Studios, Planning on FP Toy Story Land and Rope Drop.

July 4-July 5 We have booked at The Contemporary in the Tower Theme park view for the fireworks.

Last edited:
This weekend we continued looking for an 8am or close to it at The Crystal Palace on June 20. It will be the last park day of our trip!

We are also keeping our eye out for The Happily Ever After Desert party and also Frozen Ever After Desert Party to open up. We hope they land on our desired park days. From looking beforehand it should work.

I also worked on Anna/Elsa ears for our daughters.

We also looked into our airline bag check policies. And wow, I'm thinking we need some bags of food to take with us. They almost allow you to take everything. We are allowed 2 checked bags per paying fare. And we have 10 bags we can check free. (I sure hope we don't need that many. But I'm thinking we check some bags of food. (Maybe if the first night we stay at a Villa or the Fort Wilderness Cabin.) We will have a stove and take some steaks. We could pack in a cooler and take that cooler to parks or use in our rooms.

My daughter really wants to stay in a Mermaid Room at Arts of Animation. What can I say? We are big Ariel fans. She went to a FairyTale Ball in her mermaid dress up, wig and all. Her sisters were Anna and Elsa (Whom they met party entertainers dressed as for promoting their party business at our local library.) The wait to meet them was 20 minutes and it really was good for them. We will have that on plenty occasions at WDW, longer and also hot! It was so much fun and they loved it.

However, Back to the mermaid rooms at AOA. They are up to 4 guests and our party is to big for a room. So we would need two rooms and that would be the cost of $199 a room per night. The same cost as a room at a nice deluxe or not much in addition. The choice hasn't been made yet. But, it seems like a deluxe is what we want. Our flight is early, we won't have any tickets so we can enjoy the resort. The next day we will go to Port Orleans Riverside, and have a reservation in the early afternoon for Chef Mickeys. We want an early turn in and .... rope dropping Magic Kingdom the following day. It will be Day 3 which will be our first park day.

Day 1: (June 5, 2018) We arrive early. No Park Days. (TBD where we stay.)
Day 2: (June 6, 2018) We check into Port Orleans Riverside, No park days, Early Afternoon Chef Mickey's ADR, Early Turn in
Day 3: (June 7, 2018) Rope Drop Magic Kingdom (#1 of 4 days at MK)

An entire month, that's AMAZING!!! Lots of planning to be done for sure. Port Orleans Riverside is my favorite resort :)

We are excited and have been planning since August. Its mostly a princess / character trip. Made to appease our sweet daughters. So, character meals have won over fine/signature dining.

We are also excited about Riverside and it was the best option for us. It was just a bit more over Caribbean that will still be under construction.

The trip was originally a week, then two weeks and we kept extending. Mostly because ours girls want to enjoy the water parks. We wanted to do resort experiences and enjoy them. But yet we didn't want to take time out of our park days to do them.

Wow that's a long trip. My husband would never go for it! You could always make a grocery order for Amazon Prime Now or Garden Grocer for your food. What airline are you flying with that allows two checked bags? We are flying Frontier and had to pay extra for all bags. Our trip is June 12-17. We were booked at Port Orleans Riverside. I just changed it yesterday to All Star Music Family suite. Today, I think I need for more square footage and two bathrooms since we are five and my 3 kids are teenagers and take up a lot of space. We stayed at CBR in 2016 and really enjoyed the resort. I was hesitant to book there this time because of the construction. The pool there is great!

Wow that's a long trip. My husband would never go for it! You could always make a grocery order for Amazon Prime Now or Garden Grocer for your food. What airline are you flying with that allows two checked bags? We are flying Frontier and had to pay extra for all bags. Our trip is June 12-17. We were booked at Port Orleans Riverside. I just changed it yesterday to All Star Music Family suite. Today, I think I need for more square footage and two bathrooms since we are five and my 3 kids are teenagers and take up a lot of space. We stayed at CBR in 2016 and really enjoyed the resort. I was hesitant to book there this time because of the construction. The pool there is great!

Hello! BRING ON JUNE! Its so close, but yet so far away. :) I have thought about a grocery order and do plan on that for when we have a kitchen at AKL and also to fill in gaps at that part of our trip.

We are flying Southwest and they allow 2 checked bags, 1 carry on and 1 personal item per paying fare. It was $211 round trip per person. Which we booked a few weeks ago because we feared flights may go up and we were tired of worrying about it. This is why I looked into taking food, like snacks, maybe some breakfast we can use coffee pot water for. I would like no more than one QS a day for the latter part of our trip. They let you take meat as well, as long as you have a cooler packed of ice.

I just don't think we will though... I really don't want to hassle with taking meat and we are now leaning towards the Beach Club Resort over the Fort Wilderness Cabin (Which has a stove.) for our first night. (This changes daily lol.) I just don't feel like cooking right at the beginning of vacation. And we are considering club level. Our other option would be ordering pizza and picking it up and packing a lunch. Its actually kind of fun having the first day up in the air.

I do not blame you for switching to a Suite with teenagers. What do they look forward to doing? Our trips are a lot different, as we plan on having a busy kid chasing vacation. We took them to Virginia Beach in August and they were so well behaved. It was so much fun. We had a standard room and it worked out very well. So, I'm hoping it does this vacation as well. We live in Ohio and have taken our kids to water parks yearly at off season discounted rates. So, now they are in love with water parks. This is the most important thing to them. Thats why most of the 2nd half of our trip we will rope drop the water parks and leave when it gets busy.

As for CBR that is our worry as well, but we decided to stay there part of the trip because of how much cheaper it is. I do know someone that just returned from a WDW trip and they suggested I change hotels. But when I looked into it. The difference was vast. So, we will just deal and hope that its not much of a inconvenience.

WOW 7 WALT DISNEY WORLD TRIPS! Please do say how you started being a family that does Disney. :)

Have you did the dining plan? Are you planning to eat anything fine/signature? What kind of touring plans do you have?

Today we made an ADR for Mickey's Backyard Barbecue. We decided to do this so we could see all of the different Mickeys at WDW.

I also told my MIL we were going for 31 days and she claimed that we would get bored. I DON'T SEE HOW! I already never want to leave WDW and we haven't even stepped a foot in Orlando before.

Today we finally changed our Crystal Palace ADR from lunch to 8AM! My husband couldn't believe it was there this morning. We'd been looking for days. It will be our last park day spent at MK. That night we are trying for the Desert Party which hasn't opened up yet.

We are left to wonder... will they be changing the party or something.

Wow! A full month! We just did a full two weeks earlier this month, and I think that might be my limit, I was ready to get home to my pets by the end of it haha.

Have you looked at the cost difference of upgrading your 10 day park tickets to an annual pass? You wouldn't have to upgrade them all, just even do your own - by going to an annual pass you will have Memory Maker included (so you can get all of your on-ride photos!), and you'll get a discount on merchandise, be eligible to buy a Tables in Wonderland card, etc.

Wow! A full month! We just did a full two weeks earlier this month, and I think that might be my limit, I was ready to get home to my pets by the end of it haha.

Have you looked at the cost difference of upgrading your 10 day park tickets to an annual pass? You wouldn't have to upgrade them all, just even do your own - by going to an annual pass you will have Memory Maker included (so you can get all of your on-ride photos!), and you'll get a discount on merchandise, be eligible to buy a Tables in Wonderland card, etc.
I agree, annual passes might be worth the upgrade for such a long trip. Have fun! I don’t know if I could do a whole month. 9 days is my record..

Hi we have done 2 trips Coranodo springs and pop. Our third will be in nov at POR. I have to say we did the dinning plan our first trip. So much food everyone says that but really it is. The thing is on the dinning plan you don't get appetizers, and the meals are huge like most could feed 2 people. So no dinning plan our second trip and again this trip. That way we can share meals and some places I just want an appetizer. You really waste a lot of time at table service meals. Yes you have a reservation,but that doesn't mean you will be seated right away.. large party's (we had six) have to wait for a big table. We waited over an hr at Be our guest. Our favorites were HDDR ,Akeras Princess breakfast,Crystal Palace and Tusker House.And afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian! Also with six or more there's a 18%tip automaticity added to your bill. So don't tip twice! I now prefer to do only a couple sit down meals and those on non park days. The rest we take snacks and do quick service. Tip give each kid a fanny pack take snacks and have the kids pack there own snacks in there packs so they can snack when hungry and your not stuck carrying it. Don't buy water you can ask for water at any place that sells fountain drinks,and it's free. Take some crystal light or such Florida water has a bad taste. Enjoy have fun and remember you will never fit everything in one trip but you can always come back!

Ps we did 12 days our first trip, I was sure we would never go back and wanted to do it all, but I don't think it's possible to much to do and see and you come home and friends say did you do this or that No how did I miss that,lol Also I grew up 3 hrs from Disneyland and the world has so much more!

Ps we did 12 days our first trip, I was sure we would never go back and wanted to do it all, but I don't think it's possible to much to do and see and you come home and friends say did you do this or that No how did I miss that,lol Also I grew up 3 hrs from Disneyland and the world has so much more!

Thank you for stopping in here and leaving your sweet comments! :) Yeah, our trip just now got out of the gate to our families. And no one understands our Disney craze! :) My husband and I have been dreaming of this for years and it just kept getting bigger. WOW!! Three hours from Disneyland! HEAVEN!

I thought the planning was done. But now we are looking into one upgrade of a Annual pass to get room only resort discounts, among a few meals and our souvenirs. However, I'm unsure how to do this at the moment with the tickets we have paired with a package. So, lots of video watching and planning... it continues! :)

Hello! BRING ON JUNE! Its so close, but yet so far away. :) I have thought about a grocery order and do plan on that for when we have a kitchen at AKL and also to fill in gaps at that part of our trip.

We are flying Southwest and they allow 2 checked bags, 1 carry on and 1 personal item per paying fare. It was $211 round trip per person. Which we booked a few weeks ago because we feared flights may go up and we were tired of worrying about it. This is why I looked into taking food, like snacks, maybe some breakfast we can use coffee pot water for. I would like no more than one QS a day for the latter part of our trip. They let you take meat as well, as long as you have a cooler packed of ice.

I just don't think we will though... I really don't want to hassle with taking meat and we are now leaning towards the Beach Club Resort over the Fort Wilderness Cabin (Which has a stove.) for our first night. (This changes daily lol.) I just don't feel like cooking right at the beginning of vacation. And we are considering club level. Our other option would be ordering pizza and picking it up and packing a lunch. Its actually kind of fun having the first day up in the air.

We do an epic three week camping trip to National Parks every other year. We don't eat out often on those trips. I usually cook every night. However, on our Disney trips we will have breakfast items and snacks delivered but eat out for the most part. Honestly, I prefer not having to worry about making food. I hate that part of our camping trips but DH insists we do it that way for such a long trip.

I do not blame you for switching to a Suite with teenagers. What do they look forward to doing? Our trips are a lot different, as we plan on having a busy kid chasing vacation. We took them to Virginia Beach in August and they were so well behaved. It was so much fun. We had a standard room and it worked out very well. So, I'm hoping it does this vacation as well. We live in Ohio and have taken our kids to water parks yearly at off season discounted rates. So, now they are in love with water parks. This is the most important thing to them. Thats why most of the 2nd half of our trip we will rope drop the water parks and leave when it gets busy.

My teenagers really like everything about Disney. I'm making this trip a surprise. DH and I are convincing them we are doing another camping trip this year. We reveal its really Disney the night before we leave. We are flying this trip. We haven't flown for vacation since 2010. That will also be a surprise they won't know till we are pulling into the airport.

As for CBR that is our worry as well, but we decided to stay there part of the trip because of how much cheaper it is. I do know someone that just returned from a WDW trip and they suggested I change hotels. But when I looked into it. The difference was vast. So, we will just deal and hope that its not much of a inconvenience.

I've read multiple reviews of CBR during construction. Some people hate it. Some people don't seem to be bothered by it at all. I decided I needed a crazy good discount before I would consider it. For my dates, a standard room at Port Orleans Riverside was $230. A standard at CBR was about $200. For my five nights it was a $150-$200 difference. Wasn't enough money to make it worth it at the time. Of course, now I'm at ASMovies with the Summer Meal Deal which was $100 more than my PoR reservation but the family Suites usually book for $320-$420 a night and we really do need the space.

WOW 7 WALT DISNEY WORLD TRIPS! Please do say how you started being a family that does Disney. :)

I did 3 with my parents and I've taken my kids on three. Right now we are in pattern of every two years which doesn't seem like a lot to me. However, this might be our last Disney trip for awhile. My husband wants to take the kids to Washington DC again and maybe NYC or Europe before they graduate from HS.

Have you did the dining plan? Are you planning to eat anything fine/signature? What kind of touring plans do you have?

WOW!! Is that ever exciting! SURPRISE DISNEY! <3 I can't even imagine what that experience /reveal will be like. And the flight part of it. They are going to be so happy you are flying.

I know we are. We are in Ohio and it's a 16 hour drive to Orlando! The flight requires an 1 hour drive to the airport and then a 2 1/2 hour nonstop flight. (Each way). That is all the driving we plan on. We are looking at $121 to park our car. But, I'm hoping to find a discount on Groupon.

SO EXCITING THOUGH! We are 4 months out!! Does that still give you butterflies! :)

Do you know all of your fast passes already? We are trying to figure them out so we are ready to book.

And Annual passes are out. Its $1300 more to upgrade. And we just feel like 10 park days will be enough for us. (Well never enough, but economically.)

And we will enjoy all of the World. Of course we can't do everything our first trip. But we are going to live our dream. :)

We are using the Target Red Card and the Disney Visa to maximize our discounts.

Walt Disney said: If you can dream it, you can do it.

We are doing just that. Dreaming it and doing it. And I never know when my husband can ever get this much time off at work. Or the kids school. This will set up some holiday visit trips.

Yes, I know we have never been and we already want to go back. :)

Well, Big news for our trip today. Toy Story land opening June 30, 2018.

So the anything goes park day is currently an anything goes. And we are going to have a Hollywood Studios Day for Toy Story Land on opening day. I talked to a Disney Cast member over the phone and she said we can book 60 day FP for Toy Story land. Thats what we are doing. Along with rope drop.

We also chose Yacht Club for our arrival and have it all booked finally.

And we also decided that after our night in AKL, we will be going back to Port Orleans Riverside. We got worried about the renovations going on.

UPDATE:
One MONTH at WDW 2018 & 10 days @ WDW 2019! 2 Adults, children 7,5,3,1.

June 5: We arrive at the Grand Floridian, Reservation in evening @1900 Park Fare for Dinner, then Fireworks from Dock

June 6: Spend some time after checkout at the Grand Floridian Pool. Take the monorail to MK to activate those Annual Passes and add Tables of Wonderland.

June 6 - July 4: Caribbean Beach Resort

July 4 - July 5: The Contemporary Tower Theme Park View

Planning next trip for May 27, 2019 - June 5, 2019

Using those APs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!