OMG! Disney Instead of Camping? Oh Heck Yeah! F&W Fest 9/10-9/15 Trip! (UPDATE 8/18)

I love your new Teva's!
When I had my feet fitted for running shoes I was told to size up because your feet expand when you walk or run for a long period of time. I have since then size up when I buy sneakers and this has really helped especially when I visit the parks.
I would try Marshals, TJ Max or Ross for good inexpensive sneakers. I always find Sketchers brand for less then $30,

I love your new Teva's!
When I had my feet fitted for running shoes I was told to size up because your feet expand when you walk or run for a long period of time. I have since then size up when I buy sneakers and this has really helped especially when I visit the parks.
I would try Marshals, TJ Max or Ross for good inexpensive sneakers. I always find Sketchers brand for less then $30,

I think a new Marshals opened up near me recently, Thanks, I will go check out!

Tomorrow is FastPass day!
I am Excited.
04fd3917ad91aa36a715033cf0a9f32e.jpg

Okay.. also nervous... I mean I keep seeing people talk about doing it early in the morning, etc... I will not be able to do that and probably won't even be able to try until 7:30 or 8 (while at work and I will have to keep stopping to.. you know.. work...
What if I get confuddled, what if they are all gone before I get a chance!!!!!!!

Major Goals :
Pandora Rides
Slinky Dog
7 Dwarves (still haven't gotten to ride it)
Peter Pan (if I ever rode it, I do not recall)

Question.. Is it easier on the computer or on the Disney App?

Good luck! I have never done it on the app so I can't say what it's like. I've never had a problem doing it on the computer though!

Good Luck Tomorrow!!
I would try the computer. I have AP's and when I try to get FP's i have better luck.
And don't forget to try to get the most wanted FP at the end of your trip.
Crossing my fingers for you!!!

So, a little sad... I did not get most of my Most wanted Fast Passes.
giphy.gif

I believe the problem is in the fact that we are arriving on a Monday. Most people traveling the same week as us are arriving Sat/Sun and already made their choices yesterday and the day before...

No FOP
No SDD
No 7 Dwarves

I did get Navi River...
To be truthful, I also did get FOP on Weds evening (schedule to be in AK for the morning only) but I will likely cancel it because we are scheduled to be at Food and Wine Fest that afternoon and MK that evening for the fireworks. . I only grabbed it because it was the only one available. I doubt I want to bounce back and forth that much in one day. However I will hold it for now. My only other hope is to rope drop that morning (in spite of the hubby wanting to sleep in) and try to hot foot it to the ride. (I will hold the fast Pass until then to see if that works)

I will have to try the same thing with 7 Dwarves on Tuesday morning before our BOG breakfast.

Slinky Dog, I will just give up on. It look cute but I do have us "scheduled" to sleep in a bit that day so I will use that as a bargaining chip with the hubby (show him I am willing to sacrifice..lol).

Anyway while I am disappointed, and a little frustrated, I can't stay upset for long.

I am going to DISNEY WORLD in 60 Days!!!
giphy.gif

I will Update my Itinerary later but for now, this is what I got.

FP1.JPG

(at least my Na'vi River Fp plays right into us having dinner in Pandora)

fp2.JPG

(Meeting Ariel before my breakfast at BOG!!!! "S" can take pics since we don't have Photo Pass)

fp3vs2.JPG
(If I successfully rope drop FOP I will remove it and try to get a Kali River FP just before we go back to the resort for the midday break)

fp4.JPG

(Swirling Saucers was not a priority but I will give it a whirl....see what I did there?)

fp5.JPG

(didn't get Test Track but willing to do single ride if I need to)

Attachments

• fp3.JPG
    fp3.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I'm sorry you couldn't get the major FPs. You may get lucky and get a same day FP for one of them! And keep checking, you may be able to move up the time of your FoP fast pass to an earlier time!

I'm sorry you couldn't get the major FPs. You may get lucky and get a same day FP for one of them! And keep checking, you may be able to move up the time of your FoP fast pass to an earlier time!

How do I keep checking? Because I already have 3 for that day, it doesn't show me anymore.

If you go in to edit them, you can see if other times are available.

Thank you! I actually did just change it to slightly later, because if I do keep the evening one, it would be a stop between my afternoon (Epcot) and evening plans (MK for fireworks). LOL

Still I will keep my fingers crossed for a morning opening or Monday evening!

Aw, I'm sorry. :( But you still have some fun FPs, and some good plans for touring without those FPs. And like others have said, keep checking, especially that week/day of, you never know what might pop up!

I was a bit disappointed yesterday, but I'm over it. I spoke with the hubby last and we compromised. He doesn't want to get up at 6am but he is willing to try a few rope drops. If we eat at the parks for breakfast, (maybe a snack in the room as we get ready to hold us over) he doesn't have to get up quite so early. I reminded him that as we were staying ONSITE this trip, the transportation wasn't going to take as long.
Bribing him with the fact that there is Starbucks (and therefore tea) waiting for him in all the parks now helped to.

He still won't wait in a line longer than an hour.. I really have no idea how quickly the lines build at FOP and 7 Dwarves... if we are there at rope drop and go straight to the attraction I am hoping (I have no idea how realistically) that we won't have more than an hour wait. I actually do want to see the Q's for these rides anyway..the only thing I don't like about FP is missing the wonderful que's. Disney does it best.

So now I need is luck. And low crowds?

also remind him that as soon as the rope drops they typically list the wait times at 60 min for both of those. I was on 7DMT in about 30 min at rope drop last time i did it, but the wait time was listed at 60 as soon as i stepped in line.

also remind him that as soon as the rope drops they typically list the wait times at 60 min for both of those. I was on 7DMT in about 30 min at rope drop last time i did it, but the wait time was listed at 60 as soon as i stepped in line.

Thank you. Good to know!

Bored... Nothing to plan right now...... Dining & FP's all booked... 54 days to go....
giphy.gif

Now if they ever release the Food and Wine Fest menus I will have that to plan...

Change of Plans – Food Post

So shifted my plans again (am I the only one who does this?)

6a00e5521e0b2e88330168e9c2d612970c.jpg

“S” has been less than enthused about my plan to each at Boma. He’s not against it, it’s just that nothing on the menu struck his fancy. I was keeping it anyway because I really wanted to eat at AKL and I want to try my first Zebra Domes.

Anyway sometime in the last few days I was reading other people’s dining reviews and it occurred to me that even though we were paying OOP for this meal there were several other restaurants where we could get food for the same or less.

So I decided to shop around and also asked on the boards about Duck. DH loves duck and we don't
get it very often.
giphy.gif

Someone mentioned duck on the Sanaa menu. Hmm.. so I had to check it out. I had previously bypassed this option as we eat Indian ALL THE TIME. We love it. There are several excellent restaurants near us and we even cook it at home. We like to do things that we can’t get as easily at home when traveling. All the food blog posts I had seen made it look like over-priced average Indian food to me.

However, looking at the actual menu it was much more interesting than that (and yes, they have Duck). In fact they describe it as “African cooking with Indian flavors”. I sent it (menu)over to “S” who seemed more interested in it than Boma. Also after looking at the menu I think we will actually spend less PP than at Boma.

They had a reservation available close to the same time as out Boma one so I made the switch. I figure that I can get my Zebra domes at the Mara after. The atmosphere looks pretty good for date-night too (or at least better than a buffet). Also REALLY hoping for a window seat!

skjdnf8131.jpg

The funny thing to all of this is that we may end up cancelling. We would only do this however IF we do not manage to use up all of out QS credits. Neither one of us would be ok with going OOP when there is still credits available.

However, the way I see it we will be using our credits thusly:

10 QS Credits Each

Monday (Arrival Day) : 1 –Dinner AK

Tues: 2- Breakfast BOG – Lunch Resort (Dinner skipped for F&W Fest)

Weds: 1 -Lunch AK (Breakfast will be Starbucks with my gift card,- Dinner will be F&W Fest)

Thurs: 3 – Breakfast Resort – Lunch HS – Dinner Epcot, Resort or MK (flexible) –(Wed and Thursday’s breakfast plans are interchangeable)

Fri: 2 Breakfast Epcot – Lunch Resort, Epcot, or DS (Dinner Boma)

Sat (departure day) – Breakfast Resort

With Food and wine and a couple of Rope drops I Could see us skipping a breakfast or lunch. So as stated above if that happens our OOP Table Service dinner might get Canceled. We will see. I think what I have about looks really reasonable as long as we get something
“light” for our pre-F&W lunches.

Our snack credits will be mostly spent at F&W. (as soon as the menus come out I will have a better grasp of this)

My Starbucks g/c is loaded with enough funds for drinks and snack on travel days, coffee/tea once a day at the Parks, breakfast sandwiches at least one day, and a cupcake or two. I may even be able to earn some more credits before we go (yay Swagbucks) so it’s there just in case.

OOP expenses will be: Some snacks (lower cost), Adult Beverages, some lower cost F&W items and all F&W beverages. Again I can get better estimates if they EVER release those booth menus. ;-)

NWFDC1q.gif

AUTHORS NOTE : PLEASE forgive my flagrant abuse of parenthesis, CAPITALIZATION, italics, and bold. I tend to want to type the way I think and there is NO direct keyboard translations for that mess!

img_7385.jpg

Also I think I will add this as a warning to my actual trip report when I do it. ;-)

Last edited:
I believe the problem is in the fact that we are arriving on a Monday. Most people traveling the same week as us are arriving Sat/Sun and already made their choices yesterday and the day before...

No FOP
No SDD
No 7 Dwarves

You've been on these boards since 2013, so you probably know the #1 rule here:

KEEP REFRESHING

I planned a long weekend trip in June only 3 weeks out (the week before TSL opened) and could only get NRJ for my AK day. I checked the app a couple times a day to edit the NRJ FP in case FOP popped up. Just two days before I was set to be at AK I got lucky and snagged FOP for a Friday afternoon. So it is absolutely possible!

Also, we'll be there the same week! Though I arrive on Sunday, so...

Most people traveling the same week as us are arriving Sat/Sun and already made their choices yesterday and the day before...

Yeah... sorry about that :o If it makes you feel better, I couldn't get SDD either except Saturday afternoon which is when I'm leaving. Even AS2 evaded me though I'm hitting up DHS earlier in my trip which didn't help. We might cross paths at AK, though my FPs there start in the afternoon.

THE MENUS HATH ARRIVED

So I have gone though and created a “Wish List” Based of the Food and Wine Festival menus.
When the Prices come out I will go through it again and mark these with (C) – Cash or (S) – Snack Credit. I am aiming to use snack credit on the most expensive food items where permitted. Out of our 20 total snack credits I Plan to use about 14 or so on F&W. There are a few other snack with higher prices in the Parks I am saving few to use on.

There are not many dessert on this List. I figure my Husband will order plenty and I will have a bit, but my sugar tolerance is pretty low.
I also did not mark to many drinks, just a few that got my attention.
I also left out Everything I have an allergy concern about but “S” may get some of them (I will have to conserve a couple of credits for his non-sharing item). Anything on MY list will shellfish I am eating alone too as that is his allergy, the rest we will share.

tumblr_n38ntvXDFq1s8rrfeo1_500.gif

WISH LIST:

Active Eats

· Loaded Mac ‘n' Cheese with Nueske's® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions (KA

Africa
· Berbere-style Beef Tenderloin Tips with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato and Pap

· Groot Constantia Pinotage

The Almond Orchard
· Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Pulled Chicken, Toasted Blue Diamond Almonds and Parmesan Cheese served with Nut Thins® Crackers

• Moët & Chandon Imperial Brut Champagne

Australia
· Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas (GF)

• Yangarra Shiraz, McLaren Vale

Belgium

· Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes

Brazil

· Moqueca: Brazilian Seafood Stew featuring Scallops, Shrimp and White Fish with Coconut-lime Sauce and Steamed Rice

· Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and Onions (GF)

· Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (GF) (V) (KA)

• Frozen Caipirinha featuring LeBlon Cachaça

Canada

· Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll

· Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce (GF) Only if I can get it withouth the mushrooms (looking to maybe have this as ”dinner” one night with the soup. Leaving room for other snacks later

· Château Des Charmes Vidal Icewine, Niagara-on-the-Lak

The Cheese Studio

· Cheese Trio: Profiterole topped with Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese and Orange Apricot Jam; Smoked Salmon Pinwheel with Boursin Shallot and Chive Cheese and Everything Seasoning; Strawberry Macaron with Boursin Pepper Cheese

• Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Blueberry Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
China
· Xi’an Pancake with Beef

· Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin Sauce

• Byejoe Punch: Chinese Bai Jiu Spirit, Lychee, Coconut and Pineapple Juice

The Chocolate Studio
· Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel

Coastal Eats
· Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough Baguette

· Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn, Butterbean Succotash and Chili-chipotle Butter Sauce (maybe.. I love Scallops but can live without butterbeans)

Craft Drafts
· Florida Beer Company Passport Triple Chocolate Milk Stout, Cape Canaveral, FL

Earth Eats
· The IMPOSSIBLE™ Burger Slider with Wasabi Cream and Spicy Asian Slaw on a Sesame Seed Bun (Maybe, only if I am trying to get at least one thing at every booth)

The Festival Center Wine Shop
· Charcuterie Plate: Chefs Selection of Artisanal Meats and Accompaniments

· La Bottega di BelGioioso® Cheese Plate: Crescenza-Stracchino®, CreamyGorg® Gorgonzola Dolce, and Artigiano® Vino Rosso Cheeses

Flavors from Fire
· Piggy Wings: Roasted Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds (KA)

· Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso® Romano and American Grana Cheeses

· Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro Aïoli

· Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and Mango

• Orlando Brewery Smokin’ Blackwater Porter
France
· Carbonade de Boeuf, Purée de Pommes de Terre: Beer-braised Beef with Bacon, Onion and Mashed Potatoes

• St-Germain Sparkling Kir: Sparkling Wine and St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
Germany
· Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll (to be honest not super interested in this, I’ve had it, it was good, but I get all of the stuff on this menu at two local Oktoberfest festival, only ordering if I decide I HAVE to get something at every botth)

Greece
· Taste of Greece: Chicken Souvlaki, Feta Cheese Dip with Warm Pita and Lamb Sausage with a Dill Tomato Ragu

• Wine Flight
Hawai’i
· Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad, Pickled Cucumbers and Wasabi Cream

· Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise

• Mai Tai with Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum and DOLE Pineapple Juice
Hops & Barley
· New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll

· New Brunswick Slider: Slow-braised Beef Brisket “Pot Roast Style” with Horseradish Cream and Crispy Fried Onions on a Potato Roll with Pickled Vegetables on the side

India
· Madras Red Curry with Roasted Cauliflower, Baby Carrots, Chickpeas and Basmati Rice (V) (GF)

· Korma Chicken with Cucumber Tomato Salad, Almonds, Cashews and Warm Naan Bread

• Mango Lassi with Sōmrus Indian Cream Liqueur

Ireland
· Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread

Islands of the Caribbean
· Ropa Vieja Empanada with Tomato Aïoli (KA)

· Jerk-spiced Chicken Lollipop with Roasted Sweet Plantain Salad and Mango Chutney Yogurt

Italy
· Fritto Misto: Crispy Shrimp, Zucchini and Sweet Potatoes with a Spicy Sauce

• Frozen Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila

Japan
· Beef Nigiri topped with Shrimp Sauce and Diced Pickled Jalapeños (GF)

• Ozeki Rai Sake

Light Lab
· Cider Flight

Mexico

· Short Rib Tostada: Corn Tortilla topped with Short Ribs, Black Beans, Salsa Verde and Spring Onion

· Shrimp Quesadilla: Corn Tortilla with Shrimp, Oaxaca Cheese and topped with Spicy Guajillo Sauce and Sesame Seeds

· Ay Caramba: Smoky Margarita with Gracias A Dios Mezcal, Lime Juice and Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueu

Morocco
· Chocolate Baklava: Rolled Phyllo Dough with Toasted Almonds and Dark Chocolate Sauce

• Mimosa Royale: Sparkling Wine and Orange Juice topped with Orange Liqueur
New Zealand
· Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney

Shimmering Sips Mimosa Bar
· Chocolate Croissant: Flaky Croissant stuffed with Chocolate

• Key Lime Mimosa with Key Lime Sparkling Wine and Cranberry Juice

Spain
· Charcuterie in a Cone with imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses and Olives with an Herb Vinaigrett
Thailand

· Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake with Cold Noodle Salad

Wine & Dine Studio

· Trio of Artisan Cheese featuring La Bottega di BelGioioso® Cheeses (V)

· La Bottega di BelGioioso Crescenza-Stracchino®

· La Bottega di BelGioioso CreamyGorg® Gorgonzola Dolce

· La Bottega di BelGioioso Artigiano® Vino Rosso

· Artist Palette of Wine and Cheese

· Trio of Artisan Cheese paired with Rainstorm Silver Linings Pinot Noir Rosé, Reata Chardonnay and Spellbound Petite Sirah

Fife & Drum

· Maple Bacon Funnel Cake topped with Candied Bacon (KA)

Refreshment Port

· Beef Brisket Poutine: French Fries with Beef Brisket, Beer Cheese Sauce and Poutine Gravy topped with Crispy Onions

• Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream with Bacardi Coconut Rum
200.gif

So, WOW…. No matter how I look at this list it’s HUGE. Even with Sharing, careful pacing, and totally skipping dinner, I feel like we will need a week (instead of 2-3 afternoons) to conquer this list! LOL
I feel like it’s More than it was 5 years ago. I tried to leve off most pasta things and heavy foods tha could rob us of more stomach space than they are worth. (We enjoyed the Kefta pocket before but it’s huge so I didn’t put it on the list, Hubby might ignore that and get it anyway)

Well, we will see how we do!
I must try all the things! LOL

gwtw-gluttony-gif.gif

Your list looks like mine--I've already had to go through and prioritize it so we have enough time to get through it all! But it all looks so yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!