Old Disney Gift Cards- transaction history?

mmackeymouse

DIS Veteran
Hey friends. This is going out to all those old-school folks, back in the Target gift card flip/eBates days. You all are my people. Haha.

Anyway, I have been doing some fall cleaning, and have decided I want to get rid of my box of old Disney Gift cards. (also Target). I am painstakingly checking the balance on every card. They should all be used up, but you never know when you might come across something.

But, also, in the meantime, I am trying to cross-reference the target gift cards and receipts and package slips, just to make sure everything is accounted for. Except of course Target emails don't have the gift card number, or even last 4 of the card number on them.

So, my thought process was that if I could figure out when the cards were activated and transactions happened on them, I should be able to match up a decent portion of them. But, sure enough, I get a "Transaction history retrieval failed." message. I tried to look up my Target gift cards too, and I run into an error message there as well.

I'm not even sure if it is even worth calling and trying to talk to a person.

Has anyone ever had any success with getting transaction history from an old gift card? (By old, I am thinking 6-8 years old)

I'm pretty sure this information isn't retained. They barely track or care about current gift card transactions. Curious why you're trying to match up receipts with gift cards?

Well, before I shred everything, I want to make sure I haven't inadvertently left funds on some card somewhere.

Like I said, I can't get my Target gift cards info either, and I have umpteen number of those, between physical and email versions. My thought was that if I could cross-reference, and find out when the card was loaded, I could figure out which Target cards have for sure been exhausted and narrow it down from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter