please remove

Did you go to any of the youth events? There really is a big difference in generations. My luck was that on my introduction meeting I met somebody who became very active in the youth activities and he dragged me into it. I'm not really active now, but I have a group of friends and it's more likely I'll go to something if they're going. Or we organize our own stuff.
Yes, the big draw back of de Haar is, is will not be closed of. You get one hour inside the castle and everything else is in the coach house. While we were there, they were already setting up for an event a week later, so all the grounds were covert in those square white market tents. Not really the atmosphere for a wedding.
I think most of the pictures will be outdoors, but both inside and outside the castle walls. Indoors is a museum (which is stuffed to the brim with art, each room a completely different theme), you can only shoot there the hour before your ceremony, because somebody of the castle foundation needs to be present. They are also responsible for the room the ceremony is in, so that person will be there during the ceremony. The point is, we don't want to be present when the guests arrive, so that leaves very little time to shoot indoors. You can probably pay to have the time extended (you can also pay to have your dinner there), but the museum is so quirky, we didn't look into it. We were considering having a tour for our guests or to have the museum open for one hour for the guests, but after some discussions with our parents we figured it's probably already a busy and tiresome day for everybody and they won't need more entertainment.

I wasn't exactly 'youth' anymore when I joined Mensa ;-) Ah well, maybe again in the future, but for now, I'm fine.

I browsed on theperfectwedding.nl and there are some gorgeous pictures on the castle grounds. It'll be amazing! Please tell me you will cut your wedding cake with a sword: https://cdn.theperfectwedding.nl/uploads/1714918334062881.jpg

I'm catching up, but so happy to be reading about your plans!! It's amazing how many beautiful castles you have to choose from! In my small town there are about 4 wedding venues that all involve barns and farms :crazy2: I would love to have my wedding in a REAL castle. I was scrolling quickly through the castle pictures and the last one really made me say "wow"... so I'm glad you picked that one :thumbsup2

It's so interesting hearing how different cultures handle big events like proposals and weddings. Also goes to show that there's no "right way" to do something in wedding planning!

I know how you feel on the 30 day breakdown! I had a crying spell a couple of days ago where I just cried so hard and really for no one reason. Everything just built up and I had to let it out. It did help a lot though.. hopefully it makes you feel better knowing you aren't alone!

Oh and I love the Stitch stuffed animal! He has to be there!!! He goes with your Hawaiian honeymoon!!!

Oh your wedding topper is so perfect! You are getting so close now! Under the 1 month marker!

The cuff links look so great! I still have to order some for my DF. I have been dragging my feet. I Finally got all my bridesmaids gifts purchased! So they are done! 14 days until your big day! I cannot believe how close it is getting for you!

More progress!
I'm nearly done with the cufflinks! Next week they should be ready. One is basically done, only the mechanism needs to bee attached and it really came out looking good!
29570670_1669090239795197_4003704854771247578_n.jpg

We felt we didn't have our monogram on enough stuff yet, so we ordered glasses. These are the place cards at dinner and of course the guests get to take they're personalized glass home
29541925_1669090253128529_5620428515900246865_n.jpg

And here are the photo booth props I made, the ears and bow will be attached to a headband, the hand on a stick

So all of your stuff looks absolutely amazing... but these props are awesome!!! Those Stitch ears are adorable!!! I can't believe you are 2 weeks away!!!

Weather watch
If you get married in the Netherlands, you know you can't be picky which type of weather you want. There is just no predicting it, lots of rain, cold, warm, you can get anything. All of march and the first week of April were unseasonably cold. But I knew I shouldn't worry about the weather, because there is just no way to say or to change it... Come last weekend and it completely turned around! It's hotter then it's ever been this early in April, sun in shinning, just beautiful! Probably it just at the right time and perfect for our wedding. The trees are still bare, but because of the heat and the last three days, the rain, they are starting to grow leave and look really pretty. So I started to secretly watch the long term predictions for April 20th. And they are just perfect! Minimum change of rain, sunny, good temperatures. So now I check every day, which I was sure I wouldn't do and I'm afraid I can only become disappointed ;) But, so far so good, the weather grade is 9 out of 10 (the day before is a 10 now, but 3 day's later it's a 5), fingers crossed!

I just checked the weather report for your castle, the weather on the 20th is going to be beautiful! :) Lucky you!

Yayyyy for good weather!!! I'm crossing my fingers for you! Only 5 more days! I don't blame you for checking the weather.. our weather at home has been CRAZY.. cold one day, hot the next, pouring rain then sunny.. so unpredictable!

I just came across your PJ and I loved reading all the little details for everything you have made. I am really impressed with your hangar and other metal work you did yourself. I just bought a personalized hangar for our recent vow renewal and can't imagine having been able to do it myself! Your venue looks spectacular and I love how you have been able to add in Disney touches throughout. The Disney photo booth props are super cute. We had a mock photobooth station at our event and it was a huge hit! Congratulations as you head into the final stretch before your wedding :bride:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!