OKW solo trip questions

dsnyrn

disneyRN
Hello. Ty in advance for reading this! I will be traveling solo in September renting points for a Studio “near the Hospitality House “. Will this be close enough for me to walk to bus and main building and pool? Also, does the shower area have the soap and shampoo dispensers? The last time I was there was about 12 years ago and we were far from the main building. Going by myself for the first time and just a little concerned about being far from everything!

If you're concerned about being far away from everything at OKW, you did the right thing renting the "near HH" room category. The whole reason for that category is to have you closer to the main building, the main pool, the marina, and the main eating areas. You'll definitely be able to walk to those areas.

As for the other part of your question - it's been awhile since we've stayed in an OKW studio. But I do know we've never had issues in any of the DVC rooms not having soap, shampoo, and conditioner provided. Many now have the large bottles hanging on the wall in the shower/tub. Some might still do the individual bottles - not sure where the OKW studios are right now, but I feel confident you'll have soap/body wash/shampoo provided.

Hello. Ty in advance for reading this! I will be traveling solo in September renting points for a Studio “near the Hospitality House “. Will this be close enough for me to walk to bus and main building and pool? Also, does the shower area have the soap and shampoo dispensers? The last time I was there was about 12 years ago and we were far from the main building. Going by myself for the first time and just a little concerned about being far from everything!
Yes and yes. My last stay at OKW was January 2024.

Last edited:
I was Solo in a Near Hospitality House studio and it was so close I could actually see where my 2:45am Mears bus to the airport would be pulling in to pick me up from the door to my room. Perfect!

If you're concerned about being far away from everything at OKW, you did the right thing renting the "near HH" room category. The whole reason for that category is to have you closer to the main building, the main pool, the marina, and the main eating areas. You'll definitely be able to walk to those areas.

As for the other part of your question - it's been awhile since we've stayed in an OKW studio. But I do know we've never had issues in any of the DVC rooms not having soap, shampoo, and conditioner provided. Many now have the large bottles hanging on the wall in the shower/tub. Some might still do the individual bottles - not sure where the OKW studios are right now, but I feel confident you'll have soap/body wash/shampoo provided.
Thank you very much!!

Buildings 12, 13 and 14 are the closest to the bus stop and main building - right across the street from the bus stop. Building 11 is in that same loop, a little farther walk past the parking lot - building 23 is slightly farther than building 11, and 24-26 would be the farthest walks from HH - but all of those have their own separate bus stop right near that loop. One other choice would be building 62 which is a standard view class - it is on the other side of the main road from the Hospitality House, but distance-wise about the same walk as building 11...closer than 23-26.

And building 62 has an elevator. Because it's in the standard category, not the near HH category, and it's my favorite, we always hope for it and have never booked the near HH category. We were lucky enough to get it once, and it was perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter