Okay, what's so special about the Diamond edition DVDs?

mdoll4

Mouseketeer
I just saw the ad for the upcoming Beauty and the Beast Diamond Edition, and I'm wondering what makes it different from the Platinum edition I already own. I see that it's remastered, and heard that it was in HD. Is that the catch? It's even out only for a limited time, so... someone fill me in!

Thanks!

I also heard that they might be re-releasing Beauty and the Beast in theaters (and possibly in 3D) sometime soon. Now THAT I would pay money for!!

It is a 3-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. You can read about the special features here: http://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Three-...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1283035156&sr=8-1

I went to see it when they released it in IMAX a few years ago. That was cool!

I saw that they offered it on blu-ray, however they also are selling a 2-disc DVD version (http://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Beast-...ef=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1283109237&sr=1-2), so it can't just be the combo that makes it a diamond edition...

I think the "Diamond" designation was started with Snow White's re-release last year in blu-ray. They usually create a few new bonus features for the blu-ray releases, but the associated DVD release will not have those. I would guess that for someone who is interested in the DVD edition, there is probably not a big difference between the "Diamond" and "Platinum" editions.

For example, with Beauty and the Beast, Disney stopped producing copies of the "Platinum" edition in 2002. So if they re-release it on blu-ray, it also makes sense to release it on DVD under the same edition title because it's been eight years since they last brought it out of the vault.

I think the "Diamond" designation was started with Snow White's re-release last year in blu-ray. They usually create a few new bonus features for the blu-ray releases, but the associated DVD release will not have those. I would guess that for someone who is interested in the DVD edition, there is probably not a big difference between the "Diamond" and "Platinum" editions.

For example, with Beauty and the Beast, Disney stopped producing copies of the "Platinum" edition in 2002. So if they re-release it on blu-ray, it also makes sense to release it on DVD under the same edition title because it's been eight years since they last brought it out of the vault.

Ooh, that makes a lot of sense, thanks! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter