OK Lets say that Esiner Turns the ship around...

EUROPA

DIS Veteran
Lets give the guy the benifit of the doubt and say that he turns ABC the Studios around and starts pumping money back into the parks. Would any of you change your views of the guy?

Eisner suddenly turn the company around after five+ years of trying? He's already had the benefit of the doubt much too long now. All he has done is to trash Disney - the Internet, ABC, Fox Family, sour debt rating, 'Pooh' scandals, plunging parks and three quarters of a billion dollars given to himself during the same period.

Einser turn this around? There'll be bacon sitting up in the trees before that happens.

737 million $$ to Ei$ner over the past few years - and he has done what good for the company?

He's had more than enough chances to turn things around - it's time for some new blood.

Lisa:cool:

If he does turn it around, great. But I don't think he should be given any extra time to do so.

As others have said, he's had his chance and the clock is ticking (or at least it should be). If he manages to stop the clock before it hits Midnight, again, great.

But I see no reason to give him any more time.

I will be the first to applaud him if he turns the ship around. I would also be the first to applaud him if he brought peace to the middle east. Both are equally unlikely.

What will turn Disney around is investing in its most important areas, not cost cutting. If Eisner ever understood this, he has long since forgotten.

Is anyone secretly hoping he continues to fail just so he will get the old pink slip ? What's more important, a sudden turn-around that saves his job or continued failure that MAY end his job ?

I am hoping the company turns around, period. My lack of respect for Eisner comes from his track record. I'm a results oriented kind of guy on this sort of thing. If Eisner started producing results, I would heve not problem with him staying.

Well, actually, thats not quite true. I would be concerned that he would revert to his old ways once things got better, and the company doesn't need that. It may not be possible for me to trust him enough to keep him, even it he turns it around, now that I know how much damage he is capable of.

I agree WDWhound...And I agree with the no extra time theme. He's still the big cheese and he's still calling the shots, thus he still has his chances in front of him.

If he were to pull a miracle, bully for him. The biggest help he could be other than the current direction change is to groom the successor. I like Staggs as the head acountaneer & I believe Iger has shown some glimpses of what we need so I don't think they have to go necessarily but still that cohesive glue is needed...Who to lead, who to lead...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

He should not have let the company get to this stage in the first place. No the economy did not have a big part in getting this stage. It was the trigger that brought it to the front.

I would love to be able to come hear and say i was wrong and that Einser turned the company around. I would change my view, but you have to go by hios track record and in the recent history he has done little to inspire confidence and from reading the article today in the Wall ST Journal/NY times it seems most of the people in the business also have little confidence.

Agreed if he does turn it around great...but I don't think that we can trust him not to point the ship directly toward the iceberg again... :(

It appears the only ones who canmagic not to see the writing on the wall are the ones who can get rid of him. Course it will cost plenty. But it is costing Disney even more to keep Eisner around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter