'Ohana or Whispering Canyon?

TXMommy

DVC Owner
Help me decide! We know that we want to leave MK one evening for an early dinner (5:00-ish) and then go back for the evening parade and fireworks; we are torn between 'Ohana and Whispering Canyon! Both sound very good. Our other meals that we have planned are Chef Mickey's, Hoop Dee Doo, and possibly the 50's Prime Time. I have always wanted to try Whispering Canyon, but the food seems similar to what we will have at Hoop Dee Doo, and the "antics" seem similar to what we will experience at 50's Prime Time (and the noise level probably close to what we will experience at Chef Mickey's!). So should we give 'Ohana a try? We will have 3 kiddos in our party - 9, 9, and 8. Opinions???

we love love love WC and try to go every trip.

Probably wont be back to Ohana unless on impulse.

I vote for WC

I vote Ohana, especially if you haven't been there! The food is very good, and I agree that what you'll get at Hoop-de-Doo is probably similar to WC. We liked WC, but if you're doing HDD, why not go with a different theme? Plus, it's an easy trip over on the monorail from MK....(not that the boat is that tough, either, to WL!)

I would soooooo go to WC we ate there THREE times on our trip last weekend. It's a quick boat ride to WL and back to the MK after supper. THat resort is so beautiful. The food is excellent. I suggest the pork chops! The laughs are so good and the kids will love the antics. The ketchup and straws are a hit with kids. Not to mention the horse riding and the dad's dancing. :) It's not THAT loud you can't enjoy your meal it's just like home and it's comfortable there. I really liked it a lot.

This is a hard choice for us since these are our 2 favorites and must-dos.

Will this be your only chance to have a nice sit-down dinner throughout your trip? Because I would do both!

If you really had to pick just one, I'd go with 'Ohana. The food I think is better than WCC, they still have some level of fun (coconut racing) and it's a different kind of food.

But do try to make a second sit-down at WCC. The food is good but the atmosphere is hard to beat. Definitely different from Prime Time!

We did both last week. I would choose WCC over 'Ohana. The food was better at WCC (not bad at 'Ohana, just not as good IMHO). My 9-year-old enjoyed WCC more - she enjoys watching activity more than participating, and she laughed through the whole meal at the crazy antics of the waitstaff. She even got up and did the stick pony race after some easy encouragement from our waitress. At 'Ohana, on the other hand, the activities were sporadic and not as interesting. So the kids in your party may enjoy WCC more for the fun.

On the other hand, you may want to visit 'Ohana just to visit the beautiful Poly Resort. We loved our stay there.

Enjoy your trip. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you will like it.

We ate at both of these places during our sept trip. Both are great! I would agree that HDD and WCC are similar. Since you are doing HDD, then I would suggest trying Ohana. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and food. If you time it right, you can even watch the MK fireworks from Ohana (they pipe in the story and music that goes with the show). We did this and enjoyed it, but it is not as much fun as being at MK to see the fireworks.

I vote for Ohana. We went last Christmas and were seated by a window facing the castle. We loved the meal and the pineapple with caramel dessert is great. It comes with the meal. Your kids will like the fire pit and the races and watching the castle. We like WC but it isn't as special. Sometimes the waiters don't kid around as much as others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter