Oh, The Places We’ll Go! From the “stars” to the “sea”: Universal, SeaWorld & beyond - Spring 2016

I know what you mean. Can't tell you how many times I was certain I was getting a job or something and then in the end I didn't get it.

Hey......I wasn't looking for a little dose of reality there :cool:. I need you to lie to me and tell me I have nothing to worry about :rolleyes2.

Another great trip report! Thanks

Heidi

Thank you Heidi! It was great to have you along for the ride :goodvibes.

Well this trip report may be over :sad:, but DDS is gonna still keep us entertained with trivia until you start the next PTR, right?
Right...? Right...? :hyper:
Happy Canada Day to all my Canucklehead friends tomorrow. And a Happy Independence Day to most of the rest of you on Monday.

I agree, Munro: @dancin Disney style , you can't let us down now. We're all counting on you.

Amazing report as always! Can't wait for you to start your PTR to hold us over. Got to keep us up with the happenings in Gina world, especially if you get your new job, which we are all routing for!

LOL, I think you guys are the only ones who find me remotely interesting (and that is why I love you all :love:). I put my extended family to sleep LONG ago :faint:.

Amazing trip report, Gina! :thumbsup2 Thanks for letting us follow along on your adventures! :goodvibes

Sending prayers and pixiedust: your way. Hope you hear about the new job soon!

Looking forward to your pre-trip report! ::yes::

Thanks, my friend! :goodvibes

I've been giving some thought to the PTR all day today. Trying to come up with a catchy title :scratchin .... my creative juices are not exactly flowing just yet, but hopefully I can come up with something clever between now and next week :).

Great trip report and I hope you get the job! :thumbsup2

Lookin forward to your next TR we'll be there in September.

Very cool! Anything special planned for the fall? HHN or MNSSHP?

I'll try but the well is getting dry. I might have to dig to the depths of Google. Gina you better get a move on that PTR.

Oh, the pressure!!! :scared:

th
Happy Canada Day Gina!

Thank you Lynne!! Love the Canadian Minion, eh!

I'm sad it's over! Thanks for sharing with us, definitely sounds like an amazing trip!

Thank you! :goodvibes So grateful to all of you who read and commented along the way :thumbsup2.

Loved reading your trip report from start to finish (including the PTR). Always entertaining and LOVE all the pictures. Hope you hear good news on the job soon.

Thank you so much :goodvibes. I am hoping for news soon, too....the waiting is KILLING me :crazy2:.

Inquiring minds want to know . . . . . did you get the job?

Believe it or not, I have no idea yet! I emailed the HR manager on Friday afternoon, and got an "out of office" notification (he's apparently back on Monday). The firm moved last Saturday to their new location, so I can only assume they gave most of their staff an extended long weekend after having worked the weekend prior. So I guess I have to sit tight until early next week :headache:. They say "good things come to those who wait"......so I am hoping that there's a really good offer of employment on the horizon. My first interview was May 10th.....we're almost at the two month mark.

Great report, Gina! Greatly looking forward to your next one! :)

And Happy Canada Day!

Thank you nancipants! I'm thinking I'll kick off the October pre-trip on Monday or Tuesday, assuming all goes well. I will definitely let ya'll know when its started so we can keep the chit chat rollin'! :teeth:

Argh-making you wait yet longer-c'mon now. OTOH-bet it is good news as then they will have the luxury of time to work out rest of details. After all a "thanks but we went with someone else" note takes no time at all.

Yay for PTR!:)

Ugh, I applied for a new job at my same company a few months ago and they made me wait soooooooo long (but I only had one interview so it was even worse because I had no idea what my status was other than the HR person telling me they liked me but were interviewing other people). They ended up hiring the outside candidate instead of me. :P Since you've had several interviews I'd say you have a good shot; when I got my current position I was the only person they interviewed a second time. :)

Last edited:

In honour of Canada (yes, I'm a day late, as usual) and in honour of @bankr63 who resides in our country's capital, here's a little Canadian useless info.

77% of the world's supply of maple syrup comes from Quebec.
1835 was the first know use of the term 'Canuck' referring to a Canadian.
In Saskatchewan a hoodie is called a bunnyhug.
11 is the correct number of points on the Canadian flag.
Porky's is the most successful Canadian film ever made.
Canada has the only town in the world with two exclamation marks. Saint-Louis-de-Ha! Ha!

Last edited:
Believe it or not, I have no idea yet! I emailed the HR manager on Friday afternoon, and got an "out of office" notification (he's apparently back on Monday). The firm moved last Saturday to their new location, so I can only assume they gave most of their staff an extended long weekend after having worked the weekend prior. So I guess I have to sit tight until early next week :headache:. They say "good things come to those who wait"......so I am hoping that there's a really good offer of employment on the horizon. My first interview was May 10th.....we're almost at the two month mark.

Ugh - how frustrating!!!! I am most certainly not a patient person. Waiting two months for a possible job offer would be absolute torture!!! My fingers are crossed for you!

Argh-making you wait yet longer-c'mon now. OTOH-bet it is good news as then they will have the luxury of time to work out rest of details. After all a "thanks but we went with someone else" note takes no time at all.

Yay for PTR!:)

Oh, I hope you are right!!

Fingers crossed that today brings some news. I'll be back to obsessively checking my emails after 8:30 this morning :rolleyes1.

Yes both HHN (and the Unmasking Tour) and MNSSHP!

Fantastic!! What a great trip, and so much fun to plan! :banana:

Ugh, I applied for a new job at my same company a few months ago and they made me wait soooooooo long (but I only had one interview so it was even worse because I had no idea what my status was other than the HR person telling me they liked me but were interviewing other people). They ended up hiring the outside candidate instead of me. :P Since you've had several interviews I'd say you have a good shot; when I got my current position I was the only person they interviewed a second time. :)

I keep repeating over and over in my head....."no news is good news"......"good things come to those who wait". I am sure I have been driving poor Steve and my mom nearly crazy over the past couple of weeks!!

Oh no....YOU have nothing to worry about. It's ME that always has my toast land butter side down on a pile of dirt.

Aw, our poor dancin :hug:. Someone needs a hug. Or maybe, a bunnyhug? ;)

Ugh - how frustrating!!!! I am most certainly not a patient person. Waiting two months for a possible job offer would be absolute torture!!! My fingers are crossed for you!

Thank you Ruthie! :goodvibes

Surely this week, I will find out for sure one way or the other. I think I will try reaching out to them again later today if I have still heard nothing by the afternoon. My one boss leaves for a month's vacation as of Thursday, so if I am awarded the position, I would like to have "the talk" with him before he goes.

Happy 4th of July !!!!

The main library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, the engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books.
Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de losAngeles de Poriuncula" and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of it's size "LA".
All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

flags.jpg

Gina, I am so very very familiar with the waiting to hear thing. The position that DH started in March was a ridiculous wait. He applied.. heard nothing and we thought we were out. They asked for an interview two and half months later as they had been delayed .. Great! The interview went swimmingly. We waited ANOTHER MONTH to hear anything. Again we assumed we were out. They called him in for a second interview and offered him the position after that. It was painful. He applied in October and started in March. And it had nothing to do with him. Once he started working there they confirmed he was the only one who got a second interview like nancipants. It was just illnesses, and vacations and Christmas holidays and budgets and blah blah blah. So I guess the message here is .. It ain't over until it's over.
But if you are as impatient as me, the wait is brutal.

Well, the official reply is in, and unfortunately it is not what I had hoped for. Nudged out at the final decision point by another individual who had experience in the exact field for which they were hiring (admittedly, while a similar administrative role to what I currently do, this would have been within a totally different industry).

I know its all part of the Grand Plan, and I know that when one door closes another (often better) one tends to open. But for today, I hope you will permit me a quiet little pity party in my little corner of the world. I am not ashamed to admit I am disappointed and more than a little sad :sad1:.

However, on a good note, its the status quo from here. Trip reports shall continue. And I am still so very, very blessed.

Well, the official reply is in, and unfortunately it is not what I had hoped for. Nudged out at the final decision point by another individual who had experience in the exact field for which they were hiring (admittedly, while a similar administrative role to what I currently do, this would have been within a totally different industry).

I know its all part of the Grand Plan, and I know that when one door closes another (often better) one tends to open. But for today, I hope you will permit me a quiet little pity party in my little corner of the world. I am not ashamed to admit I am disappointed and more than a little sad :sad1:.

However, on a good note, its the status quo from here. Trip reports shall continue. And I am still so very, very blessed.
Aw, that really sucks. How disappointing for you after all those interviews. Hugs. Certainly you are permitted your pity party for today, but tomorrow ... chin up, buttercup, there are Florida sunshiney days ahead!

Aw sorry about the job :sad1:

At least you're getting close to your next trip so you have something to look forward to. :dogdance:

The like is for support. I know how it is to not get the job, it sucks. I've been temping forever, and am at least at a job where they want to hire me even if it isn't what I want to do or even close to the field I've worked in. I seem to have a resume to get me interviews but not enough of whatever to get the job. A pity party is totally deserved after all those interviews and the hope over the weekend because they took longer to get back to you. On the bright side you have a great trip to plan and the rest of summer to look forward to. You also have a great attitude about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!