Oh, The Horror…of Food & Wine & Lumiere's Challenge! Nov 2017 PTR-Updated 9/22-FOP Fastpass!

A Mini update…

So, @lovingeire was right! Mike and I both celebrating BIG birthdays next year (I'll let y'all figure out which, but here's a hint-it rhymes with nifty :rotfl:). His birthday is in March and mine is in December and we obviously can't afford to take multiple big vacations every year (I'm already going to UO/BLT in April 2018 with my mom and the kids), so he and I going to celebrate by taking a 7-night cruise to the Eastern Caribbean next November on the Disney Fantasy! :love::worship::sail::cool1::banana::jumping1:

But what does that have to do with THIS year, you may be asking?? Or maybe you weren't going to ask, but I'll tell you anyway :rotfl2:

Our dates for WDW this year are 10/31/17 to 11/6/17. But since we already bought the MNSSHP tickets, we don't need a ticket for October 31st so we plan to activate our new annual passes on November 1st. That means that our APs will expire on November 1, 2018, so we will probably go back to the Poly using our points for 4-5 nights prior to the cruise! I think we'll check out of the Poly on 11/1/18 and go spend 11/2/18 at Cape Canaveral before getting on the ship on 11/3/18. I can't wait! But I'm so happy I have a couple trips planned between now and then because that will make the wait MUCH easier to bear!

Last edited:
Stephen King is my favorite author of all time, I've (briefly and fleetingly) met him,

I love him, though I haven't read any of his recent books. The Stand is my all-time favorite book, EVER. How lucky that you got to meet him!

we loved KTTK

I can't wait!

Nice pool!

Thanks! It was a little overwhelming at first because we didn't know what the heck we were doing!

I hate swimming and don't even like to go outside when it's hot unless I'm in WDW :earboy2:

I'm a TERRIBLE swimmer, but I love sitting by the pool and reading, or dunking my feet in. I won't fully submerge (and by this, I mean up to my neck, because I NEVER go under) until it's 90 and humid out!

Following along! I'm running the W&D Challenge for the first time too! DH and I did the W&D Half in 2014, when it was still at night and there was no challenge. He's done Dopey and Dark Side Challenge though, so he's a pro :-) I'm excited to do the challenge...and nervous. I did a challenge at home in 2015 that was an 8K Saturday, then a half on Sunday. The time limits are not as scary as Disney, but we took it easy on the 8K day by running 1/2 mile, then walking a 1/2 mile. We finished at about a 12:30 pace and had an absolute blast. That was the last major race I ran, so now I'm just getting back into the habit of being on a consistent run schedule. I also do the Galloway method, I run 4 minutes and walk 1 minute. I've built up to 40 minutes 3x per week, so I should be ready to start training in July :D

Good luck with all your training and planning! :cool1:

Following along! I'm running the W&D Challenge for the first time too! DH and I did the W&D Half in 2014, when it was still at night and there was no challenge. He's done Dopey and Dark Side Challenge though, so he's a pro :-) I'm excited to do the challenge...and nervous. I did a challenge at home in 2015 that was an 8K Saturday, then a half on Sunday. The time limits are not as scary as Disney, but we took it easy on the 8K day by running 1/2 mile, then walking a 1/2 mile. We finished at about a 12:30 pace and had an absolute blast. That was the last major race I ran, so now I'm just getting back into the habit of being on a consistent run schedule. I also do the Galloway method, I run 4 minutes and walk 1 minute. I've built up to 40 minutes 3x per week, so I should be ready to start training in July :D

Good luck with all your training and planning! :cool1:

:welcome:

Thanks for following along!

I'll be lucky to finish a half with a 12:30 pace. My training at home hasn't been going so good lately…I ran yesterday with a 12.08 min/mile which wasn't too terrible, but I'd like to be under 12 here with my short runs. We definitely have the time so I'll just have to kick up my training. Your pace seems better than mine too, I may have to change that up…I've been running 2, walking 30 seconds, but maybe I'll change it to run 3 and walk 1 minute. See how it goes.

Thanks for reading, and good luck with your training! I'll post some more updates soon :-)

:welcome:

Thanks for following along!

I'll be lucky to finish a half with a 12:30 pace. My training at home hasn't been going so good lately…I ran yesterday with a 12.08 min/mile which wasn't too terrible, but I'd like to be under 12 here with my short runs. We definitely have the time so I'll just have to kick up my training. Your pace seems better than mine too, I may have to change that up…I've been running 2, walking 30 seconds, but maybe I'll change it to run 3 and walk 1 minute. See how it goes.

Thanks for reading, and good luck with your training! I'll post some more updates soon :-)

You're doing great! I definitely had to build myself up to that kind of interval, just added 15 seconds to each interval every few weeks. Now I'm just trying to find motivation to wake up early to run in order to beat the heat :headache:

Awesome news on the cruise and 2 disney trips next year!!!!!! We always do something big for the "ty" birthdays too and lucky for me between our best friends and us we are all spaced out years wise for more trips for us! My BFF is 50 in January of next year and we're thinking of going back to Key West or maybe splurging and Hawaii. Not sure yet

Awesome news on the cruise and 2 disney trips next year!!!!!! We always do something big for the "ty" birthdays too and lucky for me between our best friends and us we are all spaced out years wise for more trips for us! My BFF is 50 in January of next year and we're thinking of going back to Key West or maybe splurging and Hawaii. Not sure yet

Thanks! We are super excited!

How fun that you get to enjoy multiple birthday trips! I've always wanted to go to the Keys…it's definitely on my bucket list!

A Mini update…

So, @lovingeire was right! Mike and I both celebrating BIG birthdays next year (I'll let y'all figure out which, but here's a hint-it rhymes with nifty :rotfl:). His birthday is in March and mine is in December and we obviously can't afford to take multiple big vacations every year (I'm already going to UO/BLT in April 2018 with my mom and the kids), so he and I going to celebrate by taking a 7-night cruise to the Easter Caribbean next November on the Disney Fantasy! :love::worship::sail::cool1::banana::jumping1:

But what does that have to do with THIS year, you may be asking?? Or maybe you weren't going to ask, but I'll tell you anyway :rotfl2:

Our dates for WDW this year are 10/31/17 to 11/6/17. But since we already bought the MNSSHP tickets, we don't need a ticket for October 31st so we plan to activate our new annual passes on November 1st. That means that our APs will expire on November 1, 2018, so we will probably go back to the Poly using our points for 4-5 nights prior to the cruise! I think we'll check out of the Poly on 11/1/18 and go spend 11/2/18 at Cape Canaveral before getting on the ship on 11/3/18. I can't wait! But I'm so happy I have a couple trips planned between now and then because that will make the wait MUCH easier to bear!

Yay!!!!!! :bday::dogdance::banana::jumping1::dancer:party:

Ok, that's all the emojis I got! ;) Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate a big birthday! (Plus, I like being right! ;) )

July 4, 2017---Dessert Party Craziness

Happy 4th of July, everyone! I hope y'all have some fun plans for today! We are just having some family over and DD is having 8 dance team friends over for swimming and a picnic. Should be nice and quiet around here :rotfl:

So I have officially booked us not one, but TWO dessert parties! The first one…

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 7.03.32 AM.png

I booked this on the day it came out for Halloween night. I wasn't sure I even WANTED it, but I thought we would get better seating for the parade viewing, so it would be worth it. Turns out, people are reporting that this will NOT be the case this year. I'm going to wait and be sure and if not, then I'll cancel. I really wasn't crazy about spending precious party time eating desserts anyway. There is too much else going on that I don't want to miss.

What I AM REALLY SUPER EXCITED ABOUT…

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 7.18.18 AM.png

I've been stalking the website daily for these to open up and I am beyond excited!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

This will be our first time seeing HEA and I want a really good viewing spot! This kind of changes our plans for the last night a little bit but in a good way. And honestly, this will be the only night we can actually stay and watch so it really works out great!

Now…if ONLY they'd release those pesky Star Wars Dessert Party dates for November :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

That's all for now! Have a safe and Happy 4th, everyone! And btw, I saw a clip of the MK 4th of July fireworks from the Poly beach on Facebook this morning, and now that is TOTALLY on my bucket list! They look AMAZING!!

See You Real Soon!

Joining in...Galloway changed my life too! Sadly I will not be running W&D this year...the 2 course challenge took me off my feet now for the last 8 months. But I am going partly solo and party with my non Disney loving husband too about the same time you are!

Joining in...Galloway changed my life too! Sadly I will not be running W&D this year...the 2 course challenge took me off my feet now for the last 8 months.

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Now I'm EXTRA nervous about doing it! What happened?

But I am going partly solo and party with my non Disney loving husband too about the same time you are!

Awesome! It's a beautiful time of year to go!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Now I'm EXTRA nervous about doing it! What happened?

Awesome! It's a beautiful time of year to go!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

No need to be nervous...I over trained for the challenge on top of trying to pace a friend to a PR...ended up with a partially torn Achilles and a very severe case of Achilles tendonitis (but I finished the half hobbling from mile 12 on) The doctor had me in a boot for 6 months to allow regeneration (the tears were very minor, microscopic) and my ankle to rest. I am now out of the boot (thankfully) and moving into month 3 of phyiscal therapy. I am still banned from any weight bearing exercise...which means no running or walking...only in the pool (which I am trying really hard to be faithful to). It's funny how when something you loathe on most days is taken away, how much you miss it and desire it. I have had many thoughts of still signing up for W&D and walking most of it (I have a POT that would get me in the middle corrals)...I am sure my doctor would have something to say about that. I am hoping to be cleared next month to at least start walking...10 weeks is enough time right? LOL...it is killing me to be there that weekend and not run! But I can live through you and Gretchen/Jan. W&D is my favorite race and time of the year at WDW!

I booked this on the day it came out for Halloween night. I wasn't sure I even WANTED it, but I thought we would get better seating for the parade viewing, so it would be worth it. Turns out, people are reporting that this will NOT be the case this year. I'm going to wait and be sure and if not, then I'll cancel. I really wasn't crazy about spending precious party time eating desserts anyway.

I was tempted and then thought one party only so I wasn't sure I wanted to take the time for it, but no parade viewing would be a deal breaker for me!

This will be our first time seeing HEA and I want a really good viewing spot! This kind of changes our plans for the last night a little bit but in a good way. And honestly, this will be the only night we can actually stay and watch so it really works out great!

So jealous! I just couldn't fit this in! The one night we have for HEA we have dinner reservations at BOG so I just can't imagine having the time or stomach for it!

No need to be nervous...I over trained for the challenge on top of trying to pace a friend to a PR...ended up with a partially torn Achilles and a very severe case of Achilles tendonitis (but I finished the half hobbling from mile 12 on) The doctor had me in a boot for 6 months to allow regeneration (the tears were very minor, microscopic) and my ankle to rest. I am now out of the boot (thankfully) and moving into month 3 of phyiscal therapy. I am still banned from any weight bearing exercise...which means no running or walking...only in the pool (which I am trying really hard to be faithful to). It's funny how when something you loathe on most days is taken away, how much you miss it and desire it. I have had many thoughts of still signing up for W&D and walking most of it (I have a POT that would get me in the middle corrals)...I am sure my doctor would have something to say about that. I am hoping to be cleared next month to at least start walking...10 weeks is enough time right? LOL...it is killing me to be there that weekend and not run! But I can live through you and Gretchen/Jan. W&D is my favorite race and time of the year at WDW!

I didn't realize that you were the same person when I joined in your PTR :rotfl2: I'm sorry, I can't keep up!

I will probably be walking a bunch too! I ran 6 miles the other day and felt great (or not horrible) for the first five and then I ended up walking more than running the last mile. I think I'll be okay for the 10K, but that half is making me nervous! I'm just happy that I still ended up somewhere in the vicinity of a 12-minute mile. I don't have any lofty aspirations that I'll get much better than that!

IMG_7179.jpg IMG_7180.jpg

I was tempted and then thought one party only so I wasn't sure I wanted to take the time for it, but no parade viewing would be a deal breaker for me!

So jealous! I just couldn't fit this in! The one night we have for HEA we have dinner reservations at BOG so I just can't imagine having the time or stomach for it!

I hear you, it's really way more desserts than ANYONE needs, including me! I'm just a sucker for getting a better viewing spot and not having to get there 3 hours early!

No need to be nervous of the half if you are already running a 12 minute mile. You just have to make the choice at what is important to you. For me I focus on finishing...my first runDisney race I was a wreck with worry but I knew that I just had to keep moving and I never saw the end or the balloon ladies. I am not a huge character fan in the first place so skipping the lines for photo opps is no big deal. I do a lot of on the fly selfies at the mile markers and things a long the way. I only saw the Balloon ladies during my 2nd race and really there was no excuse for it other than we had a huge cushion (started a good 30 minutes prior to last corral) and we messed around way too much...plus I was trying to help a friend with her first half and she was under trained. I eventually left her at time 7, she was swept.

Are you submitting a Proof of Time? I know that is due August 1.

I am not a huge character fan in the first place so skipping the lines for photo opps is no big deal. I do a lot of on the fly selfies at the mile markers and things a long the way

I'm not a huge character fan myself, but if there are some less common character meets and not crazy lines, We may stop for a couple. I told DH he can run ahead of me and meet me at the mile markers if he wants..he is slightly faster than me :P

Are you submitting a Proof of Time? I know that is due August 1.

I wasn't planning to submit proof of time. I've only ever been in one 10K (and never a half), and that was the Star Wars at WDW in 2016. Wouldn't they have that time? It wouldn't matter much anyway because Mike has never been in any official races. I figure we'll just end up where we end up. At The Dark Side 10K, I ended up in the wrong corral anyway…I was supposed to be in E but ended up in F by accident :rotfl2: It was fine, but I don't have any great hopes of starting anywhere closer than E anyway…at least this time I will be more careful and make sure I am in the right corral!

I wasn't planning to submit proof of time. I've only ever been in one 10K (and never a half), and that was the Star Wars at WDW in 2016. Wouldn't they have that time? It wouldn't matter much anyway because Mike has never been in any official races. I figure we'll just end up where we end up. At The Dark Side 10K, I ended up in the wrong corral anyway…I was supposed to be in E but ended up in F by accident :rotfl2: It was fine, but I don't have any great hopes of starting anywhere closer than E anyway…at least this time I will be more careful and make sure I am in the right corral!

In theory they have that information somewhere, but it will only be used for placement if you submit the time via Active. With their new system I've found the proof of time isn't quite as useful anyways if you're in the 13 mm range. In the past I've always run a 10K in April to submit, and DH did it to when we ran W&D together, but lately I'm just checking my estimated finish time since it's now one that doesn't require POT. It's the same as what I put earlier, but with the changes I just leave off the POT.

In theory they have that information somewhere, but it will only be used for placement if you submit the time via Active. With their new system I've found the proof of time isn't quite as useful anyways if you're in the 13 mm range. In the past I've always run a 10K in April to submit, and DH did it to when we ran W&D together, but lately I'm just checking my estimated finish time since it's now one that doesn't require POT. It's the same as what I put earlier, but with the changes I just leave off the POT.

It's a moot point now anyway since today was POT day, but I just looked back to see what I put in when I registered. I put that I'd finish between 2:46-2:50…it was a guess but I think that's what it would be if I did a 12 minute mile. Of course, with all the stops and pictures, I'm sure it will be a little (or a LOT!) longer :P

It's a moot point now anyway since today was POT day, but I just looked back to see what I put in when I registered. I put that I'd finish between 2:46-2:50…it was a guess but I think that's what it would be if I did a 12 minute mile. Of course, with all the stops and pictures, I'm sure it will be a little (or a LOT!) longer :P

I think that's what I put as well. Although I think I'm getting slower, not faster! LOL! I meant to check yesterday, but totally forgot! Oh well!

I think that's what I put as well. Although I think I'm getting slower, not faster! LOL! I meant to check yesterday, but totally forgot! Oh well!

It doesn't really matter to me since they'll put me wherever they put me, no matter what anyway. If Mike and I end up in different corrals we will have to sort that out too.

We won't find out until we get there, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter