Oh no, Chefs de France, why?

Farro

Argh.
The flatbread used to be in their own category, now they are listed as appetizers.

Before you were able to get a flatbread as your entree with dining plan, now that they are appetizers I won't be able to do that.

:( I was really, really looking forward to having the creme fraiche, onion, and bacon flatbread as my entree.
Now I don't know I want to eat there.

We never get the dining plan but I’m not sure I understand the problem. If it’s an appetizer doesn’t that mean you can order the pizza plus an entree? Or order two appetizers instead of entree?

If you don't want to eat there then just move onto another choice. There are a lot of places to experience.

Or just order the flatbread.

You don't get an appetizer on the dining plan and you can't substitute an appetizer for your entree. When it was a flat bread category you were able to get that as your entree on the plan - weird, but their own rule.

The gratin de macaroni, salmon entree, and the steak are all good options. If you're really craving that flat bread, I'd order it out of pocket as an appetizer for the table to share. Or, just ask if the appetizer can be your entree. We do that sometimes for our daughter when there's not an entree she wants. So far, the restaurants haven't balked at the substitution - probably because it works out better for them. It's a terrible use of a dining plan credit, but as long as we're all happy and eating, we don't worry about it.

If you don't want to eat there then just move onto another choice. There are a lot of places to experience.

Or just order the flatbread.

Gosh, I never thought of that!

First, I meant to put this on the main board, didn't want it on this board.
Second, it bummed me out and I wanted to spread it around. :)

The gratin de macaroni, salmon entree, and the steak are all good options. If you're really craving that flat bread, I'd order it out of pocket as an appetizer for the table to share. Or, just ask if the appetizer can be your entree. We do that sometimes for our daughter when there's not an entree she wants. So far, the restaurants haven't balked at the substitution - probably because it works out better for them. It's a terrible use of a dining plan credit, but as long as we're all happy and eating, we don't worry about it.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm thinking I'll go with the steak frites.

Everyone we are going with wants to eat there, and I knew I'd want a light dinner that day - that's why I was so darn excited about the flat bread. :rotfl:

Everyone we are going with wants to eat there, and I knew I'd want a light dinner that day - that's why I was so darn excited about the flat bread. :rotfl:

You're welcome! My husband orders the steak every time and always enjoys it. I hope you do, too!

I sympathize with you. I haven't been to Disney in a long time, but I'm a francophile and I know the dish you're talking about- it's delicious! A speciality of the Alsatian region. We have reservations for Chef de France in January. Report back on your meal! :)

If you prefer a light dinner you could order the flatbread and pay out of pocket for it. You can save your DDP credit for a different meal or for a two credit meal.

While you can ask if they'll let you order the flatbread as an entree, most likely it will not be possible. Disney reimburses the third party restaurants according to the rules of the DDP which doe not allow an appetizer to be ordered as an entree. The restaurant would not be reimbursed.

If you prefer a light dinner you could order the flatbread and pay out of pocket for it. You can save your DDP credit for a different meal or for a two credit meal.

While you can ask if they'll let you order the flatbread as an entree, most likely it will not be possible. Disney reimburses the third party restaurants according to the rules of the DDP which doe not allow an appetizer to be ordered as an entree. The restaurant would not be reimbursed.

So we have probably not tried this at 3rd party restaurants since we haven't run into this being an issue? For instance, BOG has never given us a problem with ordering an app instead of an entree for our daughter. The server, in fact, suggested it the first time we did this. They have also made her special off-menu meals for her before. Every time we have eaten there we have been on the dining plan. We've never had to do this at Chefs because our daughter loves the gratin dish more than life itself.

This is actually good news for me. Means I should be able to order a flatbread as my app on the Candlelight Processional package and share it with the table as we will have a few people on regular DP :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter