Oh My Goodness! Please help!!!!

staley7580

<font color=blue>Hangs Out With Hyenas<br><font co
Only 25 days until we leave!! does anyone have any information on the dessert buffet for Fantasmic? I bought tickets for it and I was wondering if the desserts are fantastic, or if I just wasted $175. And has anyone stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites? We are tere for 9 nights in a king kids suite. Ijust havent been able to find many reviews on it. and does anyone have any info on Mickys halloween treat? I know thats alot of info, but I have spent a ridiculas amount of money on this trip and so want it to be perfect. I constantly fear a crappy vacation. We are going to Dl for 5 days, Legoland 1day, and seaworld for 1 day. We are also going to the tar pits. I hope this Is okay and will work for my family, 4 of us DH 31, DS 4, and DD 1. If anyone has any tips, or info, or any comments at all PLEASE HELP!!!I am so stressed about this trip!
:hourglass :hourglass :hourglass :hourglass

well when I return from my trip I can tell you about the fantasmic desserts, but from what I here they are to die for!

I love the Fantasmic buffett, but more for the ease of seeing the show rather than for the desserts. That's not to say that they are bad since we did enjoy them. What you get depends on whether you have balcony seating or riverside seating. In the balcony we had rasberry cheesecake, black forest cake, chocolate strawberries, mini pastries, cheese & crackers, and fritters (sort of like beneights). At riverside we had biscotti, micky rice crispie treats, brownies, sugar cookies with rasberry center, and one time chocolate dipped strawberries. Each and every item was good (yes I had to try them ALL).

Mickey's Halloween Treat, we did this last year, and sounds like this year is going to be even better. It was well worth the money and we are doing it again this year. There are many trick or treat stops throughout the park where you get a handful of candy. The carnival type games in Paradise Pier are free and everyone gets candy as prizes. The characters are out and about, many in costumes of their own. The majority of guests are dressed up, but not every single person. Most of the rides are open. We were able to hit every candy stop, take a few pictures and ride every ride we wanted to at least twice.

There's a write-up from last year's Mickey's Halloween Treat here:
http://allearsnet.com/dlr/tp/dca/mht5.htm

From what I've heard, this year there will be MORE trick or treat stops (the lines got fairly lengthy at times last year), and the entire event is an hour longer than last year (it was only 3 hours last year), so that should help. There's more eating places open this year, too - last year there were very few options if you wanted "real" food.

We had reservations for the dessert buffet last June. There were some pretty good desserts, cheesecake, tarts, cake, cookies - lots of good tasting things. We ate until we were stuffed. Then there was a problem with Fantasmic so it got cancelled that night. We were given our tickets back and told to go to Town Hall to get our money back. So we stuffed ourselves silly with really good desserts for free. We finally got to see Fantasmic on Sunday and it was really good. We didn't do the dessert buffet this time.

Well, we went and did the dessert buffet. I'm glad we did it but we won't do it again. The desserts were good (and they had fruit kabobs for my brother who can't really eat too many sweets...although he did pretty well that night) but I didn't find the seating very comfortable. I'm not sure if it's that way all the time but the seats were all crammed together. There was no room to move on that balcony...and by move, I mean I thought that every time I twitched my leg, I thought I was going to spill my drink (it was on the floor because there were no tables.) It was a struggle to move to even get to the desserts after everybody was on the balcony.

Since you're doing it anyway, the plus side IS that you don't have to fight the crowds and wait on the ground. But...if they're doing Fantasmic twice a night when you're down there, try to go back and watch it at the second showing. Seats on the ground will be easier to get and you won't have to wait on the ground as long either. It's nice to see it up front as well as from the balcony. Besides, it's a great excuse to see this great show twice!!!

Is this your first Disney trip? I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. We went to WDW two years ago thinking it would be our one trip to Disney. I had never been as a child, but now we are HOOKED... especially me :sunny: and the three kids. DH went to DL as a child so he is not so Disney nuts. We love it though.
Now we are going to DL for the first time. I know you will have a great time. don't regret spending the money on Fantasmic. It will be wonderful I am sure. I didn't want to spend the money on character dining our first trip to WDW and then we did our second trip and now it will be part of the trips to WDW.
Have a great trip. We are going in late October.
Deb

so are the seats for Fantasmic better riverside or balcony, we are a party of 4 adults and 4 children, and how do we make these reservations?

There are only 20 seats in the balcony. You have to call at exactly 8AM and I think it is 30 days ahead of time. You'll be paying about $60 per person for adults and a bit less for kids.

no discount for kids if you choose balcony seating ($59/person) riverside you get a $10 discount for kids tickets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter